Cunard Black Friday Sale.

MCC retired

I assume that this is for US bookings.

The Cunard® Black Friday Event

Get special savings and onboard credit this Black Friday.

• November 16 – December 4, 2023
  • Fares from $799
  • Up to 40% off launch fares
  • Onboard Credit

Offer applies only to the first two guests per booking.

Promo Code: RD5

Trades:

• 2024 Alaska, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Asia, Europe, Mediterranean, Transatlantic Crossings, and Australasia.
  • 2025 Caribbean, Australasia, Europe, Transatlantic Crossings, Asia, Full World, and Segments of the World Voyage.

Available on select voyages sailing between: January 2024 and May 2025

Combinability: Offer is combinable with Cruise Sales and Group amenities and counts toward TCs.  Offer is not combinable with Onboard Sales programs, Grills promo ZED (Gratuities and drinks package), and other select offers including, Past Guest, Negotiated, Flash, Interline, and Travel Agent rates.  Offer may not combine with exclusive offers, regional offers, and negotiated rates. This promotion is subject to capacity contro

• Thanks 1

Glad to see that they are being more transparent upfront by clearly stating it is NOT combinable with Onboard Sales Programs.

Will recheck my booking on the 16th, but it has currently increased from the original Labor Day rate.

Thanks for pointing this out.

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Not seen any offers here in U K advertised. 

Bet there won't be I get the impression these days they prefer cruiser's from US than UK. When you think of all the deals and extra benefits that we don't get in UK. Never mind Cunard's loss.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MCC retired said:

I assume that this is for US bookings.

The Cunard® Black Friday Event

Get special savings and onboard credit this Black Friday.

• November 16 – December 4, 2023
  • Fares from $799
  • Up to 40% off launch fares
  • Onboard Credit

Offer applies only to the first two guests per booking.

Promo Code: RD5

Trades:

• 2024 Alaska, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Asia, Europe, Mediterranean, Transatlantic Crossings, and Australasia.
  • 2025 Caribbean, Australasia, Europe, Transatlantic Crossings, Asia, Full World, and Segments of the World Voyage.

Available on select voyages sailing between: January 2024 and May 2025

Combinability: Offer is combinable with Cruise Sales and Group amenities and counts toward TCs.  Offer is not combinable with Onboard Sales programs, Grills promo ZED (Gratuities and drinks package), and other select offers including, Past Guest, Negotiated, Flash, Interline, and Travel Agent rates.  Offer may not combine with exclusive offers, regional offers, and negotiated rates. This promotion is subject to capacity contro

What does “Trades” mean? (Still new to all this . . . .)

Here's the link to the page for the Black Friday Event on the Cunard US website. This states "Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States/District of Columbia, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Mexico". It also provides a table detailing the amount of OBC being offered based on length of voyage and category of cabin.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-deals/black-friday-sale

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's the link to the page for the Black Friday Event on the Cunard US website. This states "Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States/District of Columbia, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Mexico". It also provides a table detailing the amount of OBC being offered based on length of voyage and category of cabin.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-deals/black-friday-sale

Thanks, @bluemarble, for the link! (Haven’t got any email ad from Cunard yet.) When I check on the voyage we’d want (M510A, eastbound TA on 05-05-25), though, I get the same fares as the current “Explore with More” offer—no reduction at all. Perhaps sale prices are only visible starting November 16? Or sale not applicable to desired cabin category? Maybe we’ll know more on the 16th.

9 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

Thanks, @bluemarble, for the link! (Haven’t got any email ad from Cunard yet.) When I check on the voyage we’d want (M510A, eastbound TA on 05-05-25), though, I get the same fares as the current “Explore with More” offer—no reduction at all. Perhaps sale prices are only visible starting November 16? Or sale not applicable to desired cabin category? Maybe we’ll know more on the 16th.

The sale prices won't be visible until November 16th. At that time there should be a link to view all the voyages for this offer. You should also see another fare option to choose from then (presumably "Black Friday Offer") in addition to the "Explore with More" fare when viewing the specific voyage you are interested in.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Glad to see that they are being more transparent upfront by clearly stating it is NOT combinable with Onboard Sales Programs.

I don't see that exclusion explicitly stated in the terms on the page Bluemarble linked to. 

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

I don't see that exclusion explicitly stated in the terms on the page Bluemarble linked to. 

Right. The Terms and Conditions for the offer on the customer facing US website simply state "may not be combined with other offers or promotions (aside from those listed herein)." Then there aren't any other offers or promotions specifically listed herein that I'm seeing.

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Look at Post #1 - under “Combinability”.

The problem is that that specific language isn't in the offer on Cunard's website, so it remains vague or for the customer to figure out.

8 hours ago, bluemarble said:

"may not be combined with other offers or promotions (aside from those listed herein)."

Any idea whether that's new language? I'm not sure how to find an offer from 2018 or 2019, when I routinely got the latest promo plus the onboard booking OBC (I sailed at Christmas 2019 with around $1300 OBC as a solo traveler).

Not having seen the actual itineraries and pricing I'm not sure it's a matter worth worrying about. I'll be on QM2 in a couple of weeks but I may not be looking to book while onboard.

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

Any idea whether that's new language? I'm not sure how to find an offer from 2018 or 2019, when I routinely got the latest promo plus the onboard booking OBC (I sailed at Christmas 2019 with around $1300 OBC as a solo traveler).

The wording in the publicly-available terms and conditions this year is different from last year's Black Friday promotion. What I have from last year states "may not be combined with other public, exclusive, group, and past guest promotions."

I think what I have from the 2018 Black Friday promotion might be wording meant for travel agents. That states "may not be combinable with cruise night sale, group amenities, and do not count toward tour conductor. Also it is not combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discounts."

By the way, the publicly-available Terms and Conditions for the current "Explore with More" promotion also state "may not be combined with other offers or promotions (aside from those listed herein)." It does not mention if that promotion is combinable with Onboard Sales programs although I suspect it should be.

The publicly-available Terms and Conditions for the long-standing "Sailing Soon Savings" promotion state "may not combine with any other public, exclusive, or past guest offers."

11 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

The terms also state that this is for NEW bookings only. If I already have a booking with a refundable deposit, can I just cancel the original booking and book a new trip if the price is better?

Yes, even if it is a non refundable deposit you can cancel and rebook that deposit prior to Final .

Edited by MCC retired
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

The terms also state that this is for NEW bookings only. If I already have a booking with a refundable deposit, can I just cancel the original booking and book a new trip if the price is better?

Typically that's a "new" booking but you'd lose any benefits that were part of the old booking, such as OBC, prepaid gratuities, etc. (both of which I've seen in Britannia booking offers). That's what they mean by "new booking" - they can't just modify the old booking with the new fare.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

I guess that there's no Black Friday sale on the spa pass or internet packages?

I don't recall any Cunard promotions which have included anything to do with spa services or internet packages. Sometimes promotions include on board credit, pre-payment of the Hotel and Dining Service charge (aka auto-gratuities), drinks packages, vouchers for the alternative dining venues, or what they call free upgrades (where for example they price the lowest category of balcony the same as an oceanview). This Black Friday sale is offering on board credit which I suppose might temper the amount of the fare reductions being offered. It's been more typical in the past for limited-time promotions such as the Black Friday sale to simply cut the fare with no other perks being offered.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I think as far as Cunard UK are concerned Black Friday doesn't exist.

well yes but actually the UK Autumn (fall) sale prices are much lower than the US Black Friday ones, so not complaining as actually just about to book QM2 for my mother.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

Indeed, Cunard US Black Friday does not seem to offer much of anything, at least not for us. TAs in May (M510A) and June (M514) 2025 are unchanged from Explore with More.

Wouldn't you know, the last QM2 voyage for the US Black Friday Event happens to be M509, the one just before M510A. That one is showing a $150 per person discount on a sheltered balcony for the Black Friday Event compared to the Explore with More fare ($2,249 per person versus $2,399). But then M410A is already showing a lower fare for a sheltered balcony ($2,049 per person) at the Explore with More fare, so go figure.

As previously mentioned, the fares shown on the Cunard UK website appear to be more attractive. M509 is showing £1,399 per person for a sheltered balcony at the full Cunard fare while M510A is showing £1,299 per person. Plus those UK fares include taxes, fees and port expenses while the US fares I quoted do not. I don't think those of you in the UK should feel left out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1