Is around 1500 euro’s a good price on a TA cruise?

I am not familiair with RCL prices.

I read always that TA cruises are cheap. In my country there are no price drops. When you book a cruise you stick with the booking and price.

I have seen a new listed cruise from Amsterdam to Boston via Iceland and Greenland in 2024 for about 1500 euro pro person, inside cabin. 

I am wondering since this is a TA cruise and it is just released, how likely it is that this price drops?

UK pricing might be different, but I usually see very cheap TAs. Does that include your return flight?

It's not unusual to see a TA from the UK or a European departure port for around £500 for 10-14 nights, especially if you book last minute. However the 1 way flight home can be very expensive.

Edited by SquishTheWhale
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

UK pricing might be different, but I usually see very cheap TAs. Does that include your return flight?

It's not unusual to see a TA from the UK or a European departure port for around £500 for 10-14 nights, especially if you book last minute. However the 1 way flight home can be very expensive.

No, it is not included a return flight back to Amsterdam.

We are looking on the Dutch website.

'Economical' TA cruises are typically the ones at the end of the season that make the run from Europe to North America without stops in places such as Iceland and Greenland, which are often seen as unusual (more expensive) stops.  So, you'd have to provide more detail on the cruise you are looking at to evaluate whether €1,500 per person is a 'good' price.

It is the Jewel of the Seas, she is going back from Amsterdam to Boston instead of the Haifa cruises. That's the reason why its new listed.

But there are stops in Iceland, Greenland and Canada.

The site listed it as a TA cruise. 

Edited by SweetsugarNL

1 hour ago, SweetsugarNL said:

It is the Jewel of the Seas, she is going back from Amsterdam to Boston instead of the Haifa cruises. That's the reason why its new listed.

If the per person booking price for an inside cabin (includes ALL taxes and fees) is €1,500, I would say that is a very good price for this cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

I'd say it's a very good price.  I did not expect the gratuities to be included.

Thank you!

The flights are also not very expensive (around 500 euro's pro person back to Amsterdam).

So really consider to book this cruise.

• Thanks 1

This was just released as Jewels rerouting instead of going to Israel.  The price will only go up.

We are booked in a balcony.  Our flights won’t be as cheap but we are expecting this to be a great cruise as long as Icelands volcanos settle down.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

This was just released as Jewels rerouting instead of going to Israel.  The price will only go up.

We are booked in a balcony.  Our flights won’t be as cheap but we are expecting this to be a great cruise as long as Icelands volcanos settle down.  

I doubt if I take a balcony for 2000 each or a inside room.

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Arctic Crossings are always higher priced than a typical Europe to Florida crossing.

Agreed this is always a special cruise, booked way in advance and very expensive compared to other TA's.

You can find 14 day TA both west and Eastbound with 2-5 stops along the way starting at about $500 pp interior plus tax & tip.  They are even cheaper for this Dec  if you look where to go for your vacation.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SweetsugarNL said:

IMO, that is a great price for that itinerary.  I have been considering this itinerary too.

You may want to look into air2sea (royals affiliation) as they usually offer great prices for one way flights for TA crossings.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:09 AM, SweetsugarNL said:

I am not familiair with RCL prices.

I read always that TA cruises are cheap. In my country there are no price drops. When you book a cruise you stick with the booking and price.

I have seen a new listed cruise from Amsterdam to Boston via Iceland and Greenland in 2024 for about 1500 euro pro person, inside cabin. 

I am wondering since this is a TA cruise and it is just released, how likely it is that this price drops?

We did a 14 night TA recently for $1300 for 2 in a boardwalk balcony.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

We did a 14 night TA recently for $1300 for 2 in a boardwalk balcony.

I'm looking at 13 days from PC may 2025, right now around 2k inside, 2200 ish for a forward balcony. Says aft balconys sold out. Holding back cabins? on voyager. Not even a kind of new ship. PC to spain and azores. I'd have hoped for a lot less. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Holding back cabins?

Yes, CEO Liberty mentioned that's the new way they will manage inventory. The mantra of "always book early for best prices" may be even less true going forward.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1