Galveston Itineraries for 2024-2026

GJustice

Been hoping for some "new" itineraries out of Galveston, but sadly not seeing much 😞 

I see only 2 (ignoring TA) that don't visit Cozumel. Why can't we get more than ONE Southern (or Eastern) trip out of Galveston????

DW has limited mobility and flying to Florida isn't really an option. Struggling to stay Loyal to Royal, but resisting the urge to shop other lines, for now 😞 

image.png.42882892f417720f2dc5372e709c5e46.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe there is some hope 🙂 NOT A FAKE EMAIL.

Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 7:26 AM
To: Greg Justice 
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Galveston Itineraries for 2024-2026

Patience is a virtue or some say !  

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

MBayley@rccl.com

Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 8:08:01 AM
To: Michael Bayley <mbayley@rccl.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Galveston Itineraries for 2024-2026

• Like 2

I was looking for Bermuda out of PC and all I see is exactly what I already have booked. I too am disappointed. So much same ole. Stinks. Not even one going to Bermuda. Looked at other ports and none from other florida ports. Amazingly boring.

I went thru them and my reaction was no. Time to rethink. Another line. Something,, not these. And prices are crazy high. Been waiting and so disappointed.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, GJustice said:

Maybe there is some hope 🙂 NOT A FAKE EMAIL.

Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 7:26 AM
To: Greg 
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Galveston Itineraries for 2024-2026

Patience is a virtue or some say !  

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

MBayley@rccl.com

Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 8:08:01 AM
To: Michael Bayley <mbayley@rccl.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Galveston Itineraries for 2024-2026

I suggest contacting a mod and having them edit your post to remove your email address.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GJustice said:

Been hoping for some "new" itineraries out of Galveston, but sadly not seeing much 😞 

I see only 2 (ignoring TA) that don't visit Cozumel. Why can't we get more than ONE Southern (or Eastern) trip out of Galveston????

DW has limited mobility and flying to Florida isn't really an option. Struggling to stay Loyal to Royal, but resisting the urge to shop other lines, for now 😞 

image.png.42882892f417720f2dc5372e709c5e46.png

Prices have gone crazy high for sure.  We have to fly everywhere we cruise, so it would be amazing if we could just drive to the majority of our cruises.  I don’t think I would care where we actually go.

My beef for years. Hopefully the arrival of some more competition may spur RCL into using some imagination and offering a few > 7dys.

MSC wants to build a terminal on Pelican Island but that will be a longer term project.

I understand OP doesn't want to fly, but if you are able to fly and want to hit a bunch of great islands that aren't the same old same old as you can reach from Florida, you should look into cruises departing from Puerto Rico. 2.5 hour flight from Miami, then you can cruise the islands from St. Kitts to Barbados. Get to ABC islands with only one sea day. 

As far as not staying loyal to Royal in Galveston, do the other cruise lines sailing out of Galveston go to different ports, or do they all hit Cozumel too?

44 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

As far as not staying loyal to Royal in Galveston, do the other cruise lines sailing out of Galveston go to different ports, or do they all hit Cozumel too?

That's my understanding, but as I said, I've not started shopping around yet.

Realized after I posted this that there's another batch of Caribbean itineraries coming out in a couple of weeks. Waiting anxiously for something new 🙂 

6 minutes ago, GJustice said:

Realized after I posted this that there's another batch of Caribbean itineraries coming out in a couple of weeks. Waiting anxiously for something new 🙂 

I feel like a get a lot of sneering when I say I booked carnival. 

My jan stops are Panama, costa rico , columbia, aruba and curacao plus jamaica. 5 nice ports out of Galveston. Not my first choice but I wanted new ports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

In Galveston they just have the Harmony, not sure it will change much.  Plus rumor is that is for the Star

Dec 5 - Star (Icon 2)

Feb 14 - Short Caribbean and LAX (UT, WN, AN, LB, FR, MA, NV, AD, JW)

Feb 14 - Northeast (SY, OY, LB, VI)

Feb 21 - Other Caribbean (SY AL, EX, JW)

Edited by amindu

8 minutes ago, amindu said:

In Galveston they just have the Harmony, not sure it will change much.  Plus rumor is that is for the Star

Dec 5 - Star (Icon 2)

Feb 14 - Short Caribbean and LAX (UT, WN, AN, LB, FR, MA, NV, AD, JW)

Feb 14 - Northeast (SY, OY, LB, VI)

Feb 21 - Other Caribbean (SY AL, EX, JW)

Harmony shows as leaving march 2026 but nothing is shown yet replacing her. More obviously to come. 

1 minute ago, Pinballs83 said:

I booked harmony jan and may 2025. Some of the best prices I've seen for an oasis class. I do those cruises for the ship mostly. It would be nice to go to coco cay though. 

There are some 8 night cruises from Galveston on Harmony that go to Coco Cay. We are on one 9/2024. I think there were 4-5 in 2024. Pretty sure I saw some listed for 2025 but may not have been Harmony.

You are correct, I saw that cruise.  I think it was like 50% more expensive for one more day at coco cay.  I'm fairly flexible on dates and US locations so I look for affordable cruises, but I will probably do one expensive royal cruie on Icon or Star in 2025.

22 minutes ago, Pinballs83 said:

You are correct, I saw that cruise.  I think it was like 50% more expensive for one more day at coco cay.  I'm fairly flexible on dates and US locations so I look for affordable cruises, but I will probably do one expensive royal cruie on Icon or Star in 2025.

Everything is relative. I booked one of the coco cay early. It was like $20 cheaper than dec 2024 I also had booked for only 7 days. All depends when you booked. There are actually 6 of these. Im booked for the oct 2024 8 day out of Galveston. It was a bargain when released. I'm debating keep it or not as now I want to move to florida. Already cancelled the 2 weeks before xmas which imo was priced too high. I'm just under 1k for the 8 days, in a central park balcony. 

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Everything is relative. I booked one of the coco cay early. It was like $20 cheaper than dec 2024 I also had booked for only 7 days. All depends when you booked. There are actually 6 of these. Im booked for the oct 2024 8 day out of Galveston. It was a bargain when released. I'm debating keep it or not as now I want to move to florida. Already cancelled the 2 weeks before xmas which imo was priced too high. I'm just under 1k for the 8 days, in a central park balcony. 

I am seeing Ocean view balconies for 816 and Boardwalk view for 761 on the Harmony 8 day Oct 12.

Central Park view 1318.

8 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I am seeing Ocean view balconies for 816 and Boardwalk view for 761 on the Harmony 8 day Oct 12.

Central Park view 1318.

I have no idea if those are all in prices. I'm solo and if I posted I'm under $1k, I mean total. I know rcl says per person to fool people into it sounding better. Not sure why some post per person not total price. Maybe a lot of central park were sold as group rates is why they are higher now? 

Dec 2024 my price was just over 1k, about $20 more as I posted for 1 day less, 7 days same balcony. 

I'm confused what you mean in your post .. prices are now higher? Idk. Sorry your post confused me what you mean. I can show you my invoice, just under 1k total of course. As I posted above. For 8 days oasis class, I'm semi ok with the price. Not fabulous but not bad. 

I am looking at a september 8 day out of galveston on harmony only @ $896 list price balcony, i'm solo most of the time so the double fare is something I consider. 

The may 8 day cruises bad a much bigger jump in price than sept/oct.

I think I am booking it!

Edited by Pinballs83

21 minutes ago, Pinballs83 said:

I am looking at a september 8 day out of galveston on harmony only @ $896 list price balcony, i'm solo most of the time so the double fare is something I consider. 

The may 8 day cruises bad a much bigger jump in price than sept/oct.

I think I am booking it!

If you do a mock booking and put in 1 pax, you can see the actual full price for this cruise. I dont think anyone uses retail prices to compare. Just click all the way thru to get to the actual price for 1 pax. 

11 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

My prices were for 2 people and did not include any taxes. No discounts or OBC. Just wondering if those are good prices or not.

Not really wanting to go to Nassau though.

If those are total prices for 2 before taxes then yes great prices. I'd book in a minute. 

I'm seeing $1957 total cost for cabin for central park, before taxes current price oct 12 2024. Almost double what I'm paying. Anything to coco cay from Galveston I knew would go only up in price and so it has.

I dont understand how people can post a lower price than what i booked at if the price is almost double since it was released, but if you can book that low, grab it. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If those are total prices for 2 before taxes then yes great prices. I'd book in a minute. 

I'm seeing $1957 total cost for cabin for central park, before taxes current price oct 12 2024. Almost double what I'm paying. Anything to coco cay from Galveston I knew would go only up in price and so it has.

I dont understand how people can post a lower price than what i booked at if the price is almost double since it was released, but if you can book that low, grab it. 

per person.

Your price is better since you are single occupancy.

21 hours ago, pspercy said:

My beef for years. Hopefully the arrival of some more competition may spur RCL into using some imagination and offering a few > 7dys.

MSC wants to build a terminal on Pelican Island but that will be a longer term project.

MSC terminal happening and completion projected presently summer 2025. 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1