Arrival Time Window

tizbo1423

Hi all - I'm sailing out of Bayonne on the Anthem in 10 days, wohoo! Our arrival time is set to 11am, should we aim to show up to the port for 11, or does that mean we should be inside and ready to check in/walk on at 11? I know security can take a while and don't want to delay embarking by missing our window. How quickly is the process from arrival to stepping on the ship these days?

27 minutes ago, tizbo1423 said:

Hi all - I'm sailing out of Bayonne on the Anthem in 10 days, wohoo! Our arrival time is set to 11am, should we aim to show up to the port for 11, or does that mean we should be inside and ready to check in/walk on at 11? I know security can take a while and don't want to delay embarking by missing our window. How quickly is the process from arrival to stepping on the ship these days?

The process is much faster than in years past. Also, most everyone is reporting that arrival times are not enforced any longer. At least for US ports. On one recent cruise my arrival time was 1pm. I showed up at 10 and boarded right away. Even went before KEY holders who were involved in some sort of delay.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

I would get there just after 10am. Getting rid of your luggage only takes a few minutes and security and check-in if open only now takes a few minutes too.

On the last 5 cruises I have done since Covid, we have booked the earliest time slot and found hundreds of people already at the port and surely they all cannot be in our time slot - they are just there trying their luck - but who can blame them if the rules are not enforced!

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnagal said:

We booked on 12/3 out of Miami, booked late. The earliest available check in was 2pm. My husband is a die hard Miami Dolphins fan and the game will be at 1pm. Is there a chance we will be able to board at 11? Thanks. 

Yes you can. 

On 11/16/2023 at 12:34 PM, tizbo1423 said:

Last month on Jewel out of Bayonne ours was 1130 which was supposedly the earliest time.  We arrived about 1030 and were onboard by 1045.  We basically walked on.  The only wait was behind people who had no clue how to go through security.  We go earlier than our time because we're in a JS and we can arrive earlier than our check in time.  Jewel is a smaller ship and I didn't hear of anyone really having to wait.

I've only been asked for my check-in time once. We got to the pier at 11:00 I had 12:00 check in. The agent asked if my time was 11:00? Wink, Wink. I said no, it's 12:00. She said "maybe you didn't understand me, your check-time is 11:00 right?" Wink, Wink. I said "oh yeah, my time is 11:00. She let me on.