Can I use MTD if I have assigned early seating?

My daughter got married in August. She and her husband delayed their honeymoon until sometime in the spring. They decided that they would like to go on a cruise and the itinerary my wife and I have booked is something they like so they decided to book the same cruise we have booked. Their booking is linked with ours and we are assigned to the same table at the early seating. They would like to eat dinner with us in the MDR some nights but not all nights. On the nights that they would like to dine alone can they show up at MTD and just ask for a table for 2? Will anyone know/care? Does the dining room host ask for your cabin number to verify if you are eligible for MTD?

Yes, they ask you for your stateroom number when being seated.  Go see the dining room staff when you first board and try to set up night’s as you would like them. They may or may not be able to fit your schedule. As an alternative, you could meet at specialty dining venues or the Windjammer or solarium(depending on the ship) 

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My daughter got married in August. She and her husband delayed their honeymoon until sometime in the spring. They decided that they would like to go on a cruise and the itinerary my wife and I have booked is something they like so they decided to book the same cruise we have booked. Their booking is linked with ours and we are assigned to the same table at the early seating. They would like to eat dinner with us in the MDR some nights but not all nights. On the nights that they would like to dine alone can they show up at MTD and just ask for a table for 2? Will anyone know/care? Does the dining room host ask for your cabin number to verify if you are eligible for MTD?

They cant do both is what the above post says. Either take up a seat in Mdr fixed time or anytime but cant do both. On nights they dont want to eat with you they could eat in the buffet. I eat there a lot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

They cant do both is what the above post says. Either take up a seat in Mdr fixed time or anytime but cant do both. On nights they dont want to eat with you they could eat in the buffet. I eat there a lot. 

Agree...it's one or the other...not both.

We actually eat in the WJ exclusively now...done with the dining room.

• Like 5

I suspected they wouldn't be able to both, but they wanted me to ask. As for the Windjammer, we usually eat there once or twice during the cruise, and I suspect that they will too. They were hoping for a night where just the two of them could eat by themselves in the MDR. Part of the problem is that this is a family cruise with 6 other family members dining at our table. Maybe I can talk them all into trying the Windjammer one night and the honeymooners can have our table to themselves.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I suspected they wouldn't be able to both, but they wanted me to ask. As for the Windjammer, we usually eat there once or twice during the cruise, and I suspect that they will too. They were hoping for a night where just the two of them could eat by themselves in the MDR. Part of the problem is that this is a family cruise with 6 other family members dining at our table. Maybe I can talk them all into trying the Windjammer one night and the honeymooners can have our table to themselves.

Or maybe also between the 8 of you , you could pool together a specialty dining night for them ..?!

OOps , sorry , just saw above post

Edited by LobsterStalker