Uber from Galveston hotels to ship

redtop101

7 hours ago, redtop101 said:

How easy is it to get a Uber from any of the Galveston Island hotels to the ship on a busy port day with 3 ships in port?

Logic would say difficult when the same Uber drivers can pick up airport runs at the port for much more money. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Logic would say difficult when the same Uber drivers can pick up airport runs at the port for much more money. 

So, I guess the same would apply for taxis! It’s a long walk from our hotel!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, doxiegal said:

We did it a couple years ago no issues. Plan on doing it again this Sunday 

Please let me know how you get on. I saw a photo of a huge line up for Uber last Sunday at the port with passengers coming off the ship to go to the airports. I think there may be more ships in port now. 

19 minutes ago, Benbrook said:

Check the saltwater moms or Galveston Moms that who we always use

There are 6 of us and they can only take 4 people max. We have a ride from the airport to our hotel in Galveston the night before the cruise with Cruise Driven. Galveston Saltwater Moms actually referred Cruise Driven to us. Mackenzie from Cruise Driven has indicated she will let me know if any of her drivers will be in the area on cruise day. 

15 hours ago, merinski said:

We are using txairportcar dot com from hotel to port, very good deal...

How much and for how many people?  We are still wanting to know what to expect to pay for four of us to get to and from hotel to port.  We are staying/parking at hotel about 3 miles away.  

20 hours ago, merinski said:

It is $20 pp... We called Dwayne Johnson, very nice, profesional...not sure if I am aloud to put this in...best to phone him...it is just 2 of us, but see what they can do...

image.thumb.png.e26141b1d9b1daae0b5eb4826d85cded.png

Is that a private transfer, or a shared shuttle bus? Is it one price from any hotel? Do you pre-arrange for any time?

• 2 weeks later...

I live on the island and Uber all the time. Some drivers prefer staying on the island as they make more with more short rides than 1 long one with an empty ride back to the island. Have Uber and lift on your phone. Or better yet pre reserve an Uber to be waiting at the hotel in the app

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1