Prima- Noise?

SPacificbound

1 hour ago, SPacificbound said:

I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of reported noisy cabins.

NCL has.

but they are not sharing that list.

there are a couple mentioned in the cabin thread here on CC... and a few more mentioned in passing in various reviews and other threads.

one such cabin that i personally experienced was 11344.

avoid at all costs.

many people go on the prima and never encounter any problem whatsoever with cabin noise. others are not as lucky.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

Having just read about endless banging and noise in Prima cabins, I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of reported noisy cabins. TIA

Which cabin are you looking at?  Will be easier to answer your question if we know!

On 11/17/2023 at 4:34 PM, SPacificbound said:

Having just read about endless banging and noise in Prima cabins, I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of reported noisy cabins. TIA

We had different noise issues, under the haven sun deck and they would drag around furniture all night long. We thought it would be quiet since not under the restaurant but learned our lesson. 15916. 

• Like 1

Was in 14906 a few weeks ago and there was some creaking in our room during rough seas. Otherwise, the only other noise we heard was from the overhang of the haven restaurant with chairs scraping on the floor as people stood up/sat down. While the noise was minor IMO, there are people on here who expect their room to be completely silent...

Edited by 66Olds442
  • Like 2

oh, gosh, i haven’t read about anyone on cruise critic who expected their room to be completely silent. the ones i’ve seen complain about the prima have complained about a very persistent and specific type of noise that is known to NCL, well documented by NCL, and for which they apparently have developed a service recovery process, since it happens on nearly every cruise.

if you haven’t been in one of these rooms and experienced this problem, then it’s quite easy to say that certain guests are fussy or they’re malcontents or they expect their room to be like a reading room in a library… but that’s not the case. the prima has a known manufacturing defect that affects a certain number of rooms. if you have one of these rooms, during high seas, your room will shake and rattle as if poltergeists were in the walls and ceiling.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2023 at 1:08 AM, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

We had three days in a cabin on 10 on the Prima and then had to move because of the lack of noise!!!   They couldn't get the phone to work!!

They moved you because the phone didn't work?  I honestly can't recall the last time I used the phone in my room so I'm not sure I'd even know if it didn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

for which they apparently have developed a service recovery process, since it happens on nearly every cruise.

What is a "service recovery process"?  Does that mean they have a process for dealing with the unhappy guest, or, they have a plan/process for fixing the problem?

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

They moved you because the phone didn't work?  I honestly can't recall the last time I used the phone in my room so I'm not sure I'd even know if it didn't work.

IIRC, we used our phone once to set a wake up call. Now that I think about it there were a few times that there were messages, but I don't think any of them were very important.