My View: A Symphony of Gratitude (Live Thanksgiving Week)

APDMOM

Those interested on taking the local bus to various beaches...there's "Arubus".

* Just outside the cruise terminal gate, across the street, and behind the building/shops...is the bus "terminal"...a large open area where buses end and start their routes.

* There's a kiosk (nice lady inside) selling bus tickets. $5/person roundtrip. Bus No. L10.

* There are a number of beautiful beaches along this route. You take the same bus back. Buses run about every 15 minutes.

* We decided to visit Eagle Beach...a quick 10-minute bus ride. (Note: This beach was popular...almost the entire bus got off.) The Fofoti Tree, the iconic symbol of Aruba, is at the north end, before the rocks.

20231122_131613.thumb.jpg.c0313c0a36bd17e10b99c1a5c16cf89d.jpg

Buses behind this building

20231122_130818.thumb.jpg.6002406118b56653551f8b22a728a063.jpg

Ticket kiosk

20231122_130901.thumb.jpg.c3942d4522ce7fdcfc830932a88585ac.jpg

20231122_130741.thumb.jpg.87734f00231285fc9665262662bb6c23.jpg

Bus L10

20231122_101333.thumb.jpg.2cc2186f6eccb6673b8ac9709b43fdbd.jpg

Eagle Beach

20231122_102339.thumb.jpg.4729f537e4503d39daf5f804c38dc984.jpg

Fofoti Tree

20231122_122448.jpg

20231122_101322.jpg

20231122_102913.jpg

20231122_110133.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, buffet24 said:

Hi there APDMOM,

If you get a chance, would it be possible to check the wifi internet speed (ie. speedtest.net) a few different times (if you remember) during mid-day on a Sea day?   Thank you in advance!!

Yes, I will do that 🙂

• Thanks 1

@bonsai3s Thank you for helping us plan our March 'excursion' in Aruba!  😄

We were contemplating doing Trikes of Aruba again, but I think a beach morning will be great!

TIP:  For anyone interested - our all-time favorite excursion was Trikes of Aruba.  You can see all about it in my review of Navigator of the Seas (November 2017) in my signature link.  

Flashback to 2017:

DSCN8294.thumb.JPG.890cc8742613ac5139e6f82dea2228f5.JPG

• Like 6

On 11/23/2023 at 7:42 PM, APDMOM said:

TIP: Don't miss the campfire cookie at Playmakers.  When I saw reviews that this is a "MUST HAVE", I did not believe it.  Now I do!  It really is delicious.  DS and I will share another one soon!

IMG_2058.thumb.JPG.4d2ef680c41ff70d9b5fea275a5569f6.JPG

Had one of those in May on Symphony.  Can't wait to have another in a week.

• Like 1

On the same ship as you currently. Will be curious to read your final verdict. This is our 4th year on RCL over Thanksgiving and have to admit this year there were some changes from previous years that hurt the overall experience 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, APDMOM said:

@sdrocks  The verdict on Aruba is questionable for a wheelchair.  It is doable, but there are not many ramps to cross the streets, some of the sidewalks are narrow, and some are not well maintained.  It depends on the kind of wheelchair you have whether it will be a 'smooth' ride.  

Curaçao is much better - very accessible, though still a longer walk from the pier to the fort.  The Emma bridge (Pontoon Bridge) is easy to cross to "The Other Side" - Otrobanda, which has many great shopping experiences.  You may want to look at Google maps for the walking distances.  Hope this is helpful!  All the best for your planning. ❤️

Thanks for the update.  Yes, this is very helpful for planning.  Hope the rest of your cruise is amazing.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 7:33 PM, APDMOM said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I am falling behind 😄  We had such amazing days in Aruba and Curaçao that I have not had much time to organize pictures.  

The good news is, we have 2 sea days ahead and I will have time to 'catch up' some.

Reminder:  With only 2 days to go, please post your requests as soon as possible so that I can try to find answers and/or take requested pictures for you.  

Who's the captain? Capt Teo? It looked like Capt Teo Strazicic in your picture from the Top Tier party

4 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

Who's the captain? Capt Teo? It looked like Capt Teo Strazicic in your picture from the Top Tier party

It is Captain Angel… Really enjoyed the Captain’s Corner.  Will post some info about that when we get home. 🙂

• Like 1

Best laid plans…

Well Well, I thought 2 Seas days would be enough to catch up, but I underestimated the ship and offerings!! Sorry to be do delayed with posts… I will try to get everything posted by Wednesday. My day job is pretty busy, but I don’t want to drag this out.  

I hope I did not miss any requests… If I did, please remind me ASAP. 🙂 Tomorrow, we have to leave this beautiful ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gizbug said:

On the same ship as you currently. Will be curious to read your final verdict. This is our 4th year on RCL over Thanksgiving and have to admit this year there were some changes from previous years that hurt the overall experience 

I will definitely post my verdict on this ship/cruise at the end of the day-to-day accounts. I don’t mind you posting your experience in this thread. I think information is helpful for people who plan future cruises. 🙂 Every opinion has value. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Best laid plans…

Well Well, I thought 2 Seas days would be enough to catch up, but I underestimated the ship and offerings!! Sorry to be do delayed with posts… I will try to get everything posted by Wednesday. My day job is pretty busy, but I don’t want to drag this out.  

I hope I did not miss any requests… If I did, please remind me ASAP. 🙂 Tomorrow, we have to leave this beautiful ship. 

We'd be happy to help as well...we are staying on.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Best laid plans…

No apologies required. I, for one, am grateful to you for posting and while I am eagerly awaiting the rest I think it should be enjoyable to you to continue your write-up, rather than a chore. Take all the time you need.

Thanks again for sharing and safe travels home. 🥰

• Like 2