Beach Club for a Day not too far from the pier?

LB_NJ

Just looking for a place to sit and relax on the beach for a few hours to a day.

We will be in port on Celebrity in early February.

Not looking for too much:

1) easy to get to and back

2) nice sand and a beach chair and umbrella

3) will probably put our feet in the water but no real heavy-duty swimming

4) some decent food available for purchase, we are not really big drinkers so lots of booze is not important

The cruise line is offering an excursion to Isla de Pasion however it sounds like it is a bit away from the cruise port so not sure if it is worth it.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Just looking for a place to sit and relax on the beach for a few hours to a day.

We will be in port on Celebrity in early February.

Not looking for too much:

1) easy to get to and back

2) nice sand and a beach chair and umbrella

3) will probably put our feet in the water but no real heavy-duty swimming

4) some decent food available for purchase, we are not really big drinkers so lots of booze is not important

The cruise line is offering an excursion to Isla de Pasion however it sounds like it is a bit away from the cruise port so not sure if it is worth it.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you want actual sand you will need to taxi. 

Yes Passion Island is a boat ride away. Transport takes quite a while and therefore not much beach time.

If you just want to look at the sea from a lounger on a man-made sandy area and rocky shoreline there are more options.

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

If you want actual sand you will need to taxi. 

Yes Passion Island is a boat ride away. Transport takes quite a while and therefore not much beach time.

If you just want to look at the sea from a lounger on a man-made sandy area and rocky shoreline there are more options.

I am OK with a taxi as long as it is easy to get back (eg, taxis/shuttles routinely run back and forth).

9 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I am OK with a taxi as long as it is easy to get back (eg, taxis/shuttles routinely run back and forth).

No problem getting a taxi to tourist areas on west cost of Cozumel, (north and south of pier). Main beach clubs with sandy beaches have become predominantly AI - Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos, Nachi Cocom. 

Alternatives, sandy - Palancar, playa Uvas.

Not sandy, PAYG, Money Bar, Sky Reef.

North, semi-rocky Buccanos. 

Near to port (therefore save on taxi fare), rocky - day pass to El Cid, Park Royal, Del Mar Latino.

All have websites, and photos and reviews on TripAdvisor. Use Google maps to find locations and distances.

Several hotel resorts have day passes.

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

No problem getting a taxi to tourist areas on west cost of Cozumel, (north and south of pier). 

Not worried about getting there.  It is the getting back I want to be sure about.

23 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Not worried about getting there.  It is the getting back I want to be sure about.

No problems if you stay in the tourist zone. 

The east side you need to keep your driver with you due to few roaming drivers, poor cell service and no electricity.

Edited by c-leg5

I have read some of them.  Some are a bit old so I discount those.  The newer ones didn't exactly answer my questions. That is why I asked it the way I did.  Basically, the answer is I will need transportation (eg, taxi or boat) to get to a beach with real sand.  

Also, the beach clubs you get to by taxi have to be booked All Inclusive or you don't have a real reservation.

Finally, it looks like even though it is more travel time, Isla de Pasion better meets my requirements.

1 hour ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

You aren't limited to the beach clubs- check out Resort for a Day. We used it to buy a day pass to the Allegro resort and had a great time. The price was comparable to the beach clubs, it's on the same stretch of road/ same cab fare and way less crowds. 

I agree hotel day passes can be a welcome change and there are several available. Resort for the day is only one of many brokers and usually (not always) adds a surcharge.

Always best to check several brokers and price direct from the hotel as prices can vary, inclusions differ or  time frame for pass differ. 

However I don’t think OP wants AI.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 6:41 PM, mamaneedsavacay said:

You aren't limited to the beach clubs- check out Resort for a Day. We used it to buy a day pass to the Allegro resort and had a great time. The price was comparable to the beach clubs, it's on the same stretch of road/ same cab fare and way less crowds. 

Did you find there were lots of young kids there(we will not be with them on the cruise)? Also-rResort for a day website says "wheelchair accessible."  Our friends want to join us tho they would likely show up a bit later to have lunch and maybe sit in the shade for a bit.  This does sound like a nice option.

1 hour ago, yogagal47 said:

Did you find there were lots of young kids there(we will not be with them on the cruise)? Also-rResort for a day website says "wheelchair accessible."  Our friends want to join us tho they would likely show up a bit later to have lunch and maybe sit in the shade for a bit.  This does sound like a nice option.

To be honest, I hardly noticed any other PEOPLE there period. It was not crowded and everyone was spread out. Now, it was Thanksgiving day, so maybe that played into it, but our cruise was sold out and full of kids & teens. We were the only ones with a day pass at the resort (I saw the list when they checked us in.) As far as the other people there (those staying at the resort) it was pretty subdued around the pools, and there were activities on the beach but not crazy/rowdy. There may have been more kids over at the kids pool. My family took our rafts into the ocean and just floated in the shallows- it felt like we were the only ones there. 

I can't remember anything on the beach that would make it wheelchair accessible, but the resort/pools area definitely was. One thing about lunch is that it might not be worth the price of admission just for that. The food was just "okay" and the choices were pretty limited. The drinks were great though! Plenty of shade at pool and beach. 

My husband says to stop telling people about it because he doesn't want more people there when we go back, haha!

Thanks for that helpful info-really does sound like you had a wonderful day! Since my friend and her husband have not signed up for any excursions, it might be worth doing this one since the four of us could be together at the beach.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 7:32 AM, mitsugirly said:

We are beach/water people so have been to a lot of the places there (both by cruise ships and land vacation). 

HERE's my list of places we've been with tons of pictures if you are interested. 

I am so glad you commented here, I haven't been on these boards in years and I have always loved your review and watching Sakari grow up over the last 10 years!  I am on your cruise day 1 of the Joy trip and furious about the relationship that ended in cheating 😞