NCL - sale only four hours left

Sunandfun52

It has been many years since I have cruise and since I have been on the boards. On a whim I check NCL for a cruise in February to get out of the cold. Sale ends tonight. I have only cruise RCCL. How often does NCL run this special for drink package, 50% off  cruise. 

would appreciate any help. 

• Haha 1

The free at sea is always happening. Whether it’s 50% off, 75% off the second passenger, or prices just drop - don’t feel the need to rush out and book. If prices are ‘50% off’, they increased the prices already 

they do this for that very reason. To create a sense of urgency to go out and book.

Edited by sanger727

15 hours ago, Sunandfun52 said:

Thank you all so much. I was feeling pressured and I just found the pricing this morning. I will check back tomorrow. 

I book most of our cruises WAY ahead of time. Then i follow the price every single day. Our march 2024 cruise would go down once a month and stay that price for the month. A few months ago it went way up and stayed that way then went back down.  I will say most of our cruises has not always followed this pattern. Crap shoot!

19 hours ago, Sunandfun52 said:

It has been many years since I have cruise and since I have been on the boards. On a whim I check NCL for a cruise in February to get out of the cold. Sale ends tonight. I have only cruise RCCL. How often does NCL run this special for drink package, 50% off  cruise. 

Fear not. The next new sale is just four hours away.

• Haha 3

What sale?

NCL has had two for one or 50% off for over a year (maybe even longer).

We booked our January cruise back in June and it is on sale now...for more than we paid in June LOL

Yes, I tried booking exact cabin (just next door) and all the free at sea and all the stuff we have now. More by over $1000 (for the two of us)

Not a sale, per se, but on our recent cruise, they announced they would allow people to use up to 3 CruiseNext certificates for certain new bookings (I think the cruises had to be at last 4 months away and no fewer than something like 3 days). But it may have been for a limited time only.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 6:48 AM, Sunandfun52 said:

Drinks package is constant, current sale is irrelevant - they just adjust the pricing so end cost is the same, reductions are only based on supply and demand and days to sailing 

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

Drinks package is constant, current sale is irrelevant - they just adjust the pricing so end cost is the same, reductions are only based on supply and demand and days to sailing 

No. Drinks package 50% is not constant! But also not unique. A few days about every other month or so. The rest is pretty  much the same always.

By the way, my PCC told me FreeAtSea will go up by €50 in January. 

Edit: I'm talking Europe. I think OP is in USA so irrelevant to them 

Edited by Asawi

2 hours ago, Asawi said:

No. Drinks package 50% is not constant! But also not unique. A few days about every other month or so. The rest is pretty  much the same always.

By the way, my PCC told me FreeAtSea will go up by €50 in January. 

Edit: I'm talking Europe. I think OP is in USA so irrelevant to them 

It is a constant in USA - been constant for years

not to worry, ncl so called "sales" will go on and on an on.... in some form or another. in the end,  no matter how the offers are worded, bottom line is generally the ultimate price wont change. nor will the nature of the offer. 

btw, after a number of cruises on ncl, this time i opted not to take the beverage package. surprise surprise! it knocked over $700 off the price of the cruise, i got a great price on the 2 bedroom suite, and i found that with the drink package, i tend to drink more daily then i would otherwise, and my wife doesnt drink much at all. while i concede in essence, it's a great promotion, it's really something i can do without.

the $50 off a shore excursion, is better than a stick in the eye, but when the excursion itself, is over $300 each, paying $550 instead of $600 or more doent seem to be that great of a deal. i dont use wi-fi (i'm on vacation) so that's really of no benefit, although my wife upgrades hers the minute we get on the ship.

to me the really good offer is the airfare. that being said, however, i prefer to book air and hotels on my own. this way i can pick and choose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

not to worry, ncl so called "sales" will go on and on an on.... in some form or another. in the end,  no matter how the offers are worded, bottom line is generally the ultimate price wont change. nor will the nature of the offer. 

btw, after a number of cruises on ncl, this time i opted not to take the beverage package. surprise surprise! it knocked over $700 off the price of the cruise, i got a great price on the 2 bedroom suite, and i found that with the drink package, i tend to drink more daily then i would otherwise, and my wife doesnt drink much at all. while i concede in essence, it's a great promotion, it's really something i can do without.

the $50 off a shore excursion, is better than a stick in the eye, but when the excursion itself, is over $300 each, paying $550 instead of $600 or more doent seem to be that great of a deal. i dont use wi-fi (i'm on vacation) so that's really of no benefit, although my wife upgrades hers the minute we get on the ship.

to me the really good offer is the airfare. that being said, however, i prefer to book air and hotels on my own. this way i can pick and choose.

Those sales may be one continuous "con".

But prices do change...sometimes up, sometimes down.

My January cruise, booked in July, dropped by $600 a couple of weeks after I booked.

Gotta keep your eyes peeled...

On 11/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, Sunandfun52 said:

How often does NCL run this special for drink package, 50% off  cruise. 

NCL sales are endless.  They change the splashy headline, but it doesn't change much.

70% off second guest.

35% off guests 1 & 2.

50% off a higher base fare.

Buy 1 get 1 free at a higher base fare.

The changes are in the margins.

The NCL direct booking website never has any true changes in their "sales".......BUT....there are definitely times when travel agents are given different promotion packages.  For example, a few times a year, ours has free gratuities along with their normal high OBC offerings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

NCL sales are endless.  They change the splashy headline, but it doesn't change much.

70% off second guest.

35% off guests 1 & 2.

50% off a higher base fare.

Buy 1 get 1 free at a higher base fare.

The changes are in the margins.

It is always amazing how 35% off the 2nd guest, 70% off the 2nd guest, 2nd guest sails free all come out to the same price. All just artificial pressure to get you to book immediately. 

• Like 1