Is Post-Cruise Survey Available Online?

PelicanLvr

Just returned home from a wonderful 12 nights on Nautica's Spain & Canary Island itinerary.  I logged into the O website and looked for survey link.  Didn't see it.  Don't see an email with link either.  

Can I still access it as I would like to acknowledge some outstanding staff.  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, PelicanLvr said:

Just returned home from a wonderful 12 nights on Nautica's Spain & Canary Island itinerary.  I logged into the O website and looked for survey link.  Didn't see it.  Don't see an email with link either.  

Can I still access it as I would like to acknowledge some outstanding staff.  

Thanks.

You have to do it while onboard

There  was info in the CURRENTS a few days before the end of the cruise  on our cruise  in Oct on  how to  access the  survey  while on the ship

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You have to do it while onboard

There  was info in the CURRENTS a few days before the end of the cruise  on our cruise  in Oct on  how to  access the  survey  while on the ship

In the past year on three different cruises with four (4) different CD, it was : (1) announced by each CD a couple of times at both their regular announcements and after the evening shows, and; (2) full instructions and announcements were in Currents. The high level of passengers ignoring both is widely recognized.

• Like 3

We just got off Vista.  There was never a mention of a survey, which I would have noticed because I recall frequent reminders on other cruises.  There was a paper version of the early/mid cruise comment process.  Was surprised at the lack of an end of cruise survey. 

2 minutes ago, Clutj said:

We just got off Vista.  There was never a mention of a survey, which I would have noticed because I recall frequent reminders on other cruises.  There was a paper version of the early/mid cruise comment process.  Was surprised at the lack of an end of cruise survey. 

Maybe they are not longer doing it  as no one reads the paper on the bed at night  on HOW /WHERE to do it online while still onboard

Some do not want to waste their time onboard  to  do the survey 

It took me about 10-15mins  to do mine  then DH did his 

For us it is not a lack of desire to learn about the End of Cruise Survey, it has been the inability to access it. There were server issues on both Vista cruises and after about 4 attempts, I said enough. I could not imagine there was not notice about  the surveys availability on every ship and sailing as it is O’s desire to have one submitted by all the guests. Currents is not necessarily a “Must Read” for all guests. While easily tech frustrated,Yes, I did stop by for assistance and directions but on our last cruises I opted out. I do wonder what the success rate is for the final survey submission, under 50% I am sure. Since the Mid cruise is on paper, I always submit it so staff can address any issues. There were many people we wanted to recognize for their exceptional service but alas, it did not happen so we opted for a handwritten note and some cash for all of them. 
When technology fails, there is always pen and paper 😇

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clutj said:

We also just got off of Vista (on Nov. 19). Zero mention of post cruise survey. We called reception desk on the afternoon before disembarking and they told us to go to oceaniacruisereview.com and survey had to be completed not later than morning of disembarkation. In order to complete it, we each had to dig out invoice to enter our O club member number and then sign into O website. We each completed our survey on our phones at dinner last evening. They certainly do not make it easy and thus leave impression that they do not give a flying (blank) about what guests think.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, edgee said:

We also just got off of Vista (on Nov. 19). Zero mention of post cruise survey. We called reception desk on the afternoon before disembarking and they told us to go to oceaniacruisereview.com and survey had to be completed not later than morning of disembarkation. In order to complete it, we each had to dig out invoice to enter our O club member number and then sign into O website. We each completed our survey on our phones at dinner last evening. They certainly do not make it easy and thus leave impression that they do not give a flying (blank) about what guests think.

That makes me wonder if they are no longer offering OBC for those who complete the survey. On my last couple of cruises, there were several announcements made by the CD that you will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win $100 OBC if you complete the survey. It was also announced in Currents. With the cost-cutting that O seems to be doing it wouldn't surprise me if that was eliminated.

Regarding your O club member number, it should be on your stateroom card.  Easier than looking for it on your invoice. 

• Thanks 1

I just got off of Marina. I saw the survey details but could not be bothered to log in and create a password and then try and do it online using a specific browser. I would have thought they would have just emailed it out. I would imagine they get a tiny response. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I just got off of Marina. I saw the survey details but could not be bothered to log in and create a password and then try and do it online using a specific browser. I would have thought they would have just emailed it out. I would imagine they get a tiny response. 

I think it is fair to conclude that they don't want more of a response than that.  Otherwise, why would they erect barriers to make it difficult to complete?

I like their product, but the backroom operation leaves much to be desired. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, john1970 said:

No password needed.  Log in with your Oceania Club member number which is found on your stateroom card and then enter your birthdate. I've completed the survey with my iPhone in less than 15 minutes. It was easy.  I agree that it should be made available after disembarkation but I think too many people give up on it without trying.  

JMO

It can be a pain to fill out the survey if the servers are acting up. We find it easier to do in the computer room and it only takes about 7 minutes or so. We were on the Regatta in September and they were still offering a draw of $100.00 off your on board account. Imagine my surprise when my name was called. I was still sceptical as we had a lot of OBC and our total bill was under $10. The remainder showed up on our next Mastercard statement as a credit in October!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

No password needed.  Log in with your Oceania Club member number which is found on your stateroom card and then enter your birthdate. I've completed the survey with my iPhone in less than 15 minutes. It was easy.  I agree that it should be made available after disembarkation but I think too many people give up on it without trying.  

JMO

Not true for our cruise. Had to sign in with a pw. Once in the system it took about 15 minutes to complete.

2 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

There was no mention of the end of cruise evaluations  in Daily Currents or by the CD on the Vista before we finished our cruise on Vista November 19 

Correct. We kept looking for any information about an evaluation - nothing.

I am the OP and I thank you for all your replies.  

The last thing I will do on vacation is take the time to complete a corporate survey.

If O really wanted everyone's opinion ("to serve us better") they would make it easier to complete the survey.  I'm sorry a few wonderful crew members will not get a mention from us.

Yet another example of O's corporate ignorance of reality.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

• Like 5

I believe the primary issue here is missed. If an O or A Class ship had 1000 cruisers, to get an accurate survey ~ 10% accuracy would require only 90 replies. To increase the review to ~5% accuracy would require 280. It’s statistics.

So, does the current system yield a response rate in between those numbers? If so, why would Oceania want to pay someone to read a 1000 surveys when far fewer will give them a fairly accurate overview of how they’re doing? 

I’m further fairly sure that whoever is reading those surveys is fairly low on the totem pole. How many significant complaints must they see to bounce it up the pole? Oceania is fairly backward technology wise, but survey scanning today, by most companies, is now often done with AI. What do the algorithms directions say to do with various complaints?

I know some like to use the survey to emote, and that makes them feel better, but statistically we’re all very small cogs in the wheel. If you really want to emote, they make you work to do it.

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I believe the primary issue here is missed. If an O or A Class ship had 1000 cruisers, to get an accurate survey ~ 10% accuracy would require only 90 replies. To increase the review to ~5% accuracy would require 280. It’s statistics.

Actually no.  You would be correct if the response was a random sample of 10% of the group.  The response in this case is not random, therefore the result is meaningless. 

9 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Actually no.  You would be correct if the response was a random sample of 10% of the group.  The response in this case is not random, therefore the result is meaningless. 

I understand that, and did when I posted. The issue with most all surveys is they aren’t really random. Only those that choose to participate are heard thus eliminating pure randomness. That’s a major reason political polls can be off. However, organizations still utilize the statistical models in that’s all they have.

From my experience, the answer is "NO"...you cannot do a survey after disembarking from your cruise.  II personally find this to be ridiculous as I hate to take time out from my vacation to answer a survey on my cruise experience.  I also find it embarrassing as I HAVE done the "halfway" through online surveys and have been embarrassed to have various personnel contact me to try to explain/rectify my issues......

If there was something truly important and timely, of course I would welcome the contact from hotel directors, etc....but what usually occurs has been that I receive phone messages stating that these "important" department heads will seek me out that coming evening....and NOTHING ever happens! lol....

Again, my cruises with Oceania have been pretty much problem free....which is why I would love the opportunity to just give my input for small changes or adjustments....that would make the experience even better.  But this could be better accomplished after I am back at home....rather than the "grandstanding" by various department heads that posture in order to possible satisfy the higher ups scrutiny?  And then do nothing......