Boarding time for Discovery in San Pedro

tootsiescurly

What is the earliest boarding time for the Discovery in San Pedro. My app says 11:30 to 2:30 for boarding. This contradicts the the Journey View activities time line which indicates events are starting onboard at 10:30. 

Edited by tootsiescurly

• tootsiescurly changed the title to Boarding time for Discovery in San Pedro

I really think it varies each cruise, depending on getting everyone off the ship and being ready to take pax on.  For our Nov. 11 cruise to the Mexican Rivera we were in the Platinum group and on board at 10:40.  That's the earliest we've been on a Princess ship.  YMMV, as with most things Princess.

Figure boarding will begin somewhere around 10:30 at the earliest, but most likely around 11am. Boarding begins with priority boarders. Once it begins it goes quickly.

There are no passenger events at 10:30 on boarding day. Events begin at sail away. There will be a MDR embarkation lunch starting at noon. Other 'events' are probably the tables set up around the ship to sell things like spa services and upgrades to the plus and premier packages. There usually is some live boarding music in the Piazza.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, skynight said:

Figure boarding will begin somewhere around 10:30 at the earliest, but most likely around 11am. Boarding begins with priority boarders. Once it begins it goes quickly.

There are no passenger events at 10:30 on boarding day. Events begin at sail away. There will be a MDR embarkation lunch starting at noon. Other 'events' are probably the tables set up around the ship to sell things like spa services and upgrades to the plus and premier packages. There usually is some live boarding music in the Piazza.  

There are MANY events taking place around the ship on boarding day before sailaway. Live music in the Piazza, lounges open, Medallion classes for newbies, the excursion desk is open, etc.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, skynight said:

I am seeing spa tours and such. I am not talking events in the same vein as you. My husband and I have never been fans of the various entertainment events nor the shows. We are platinum and in a full suite and well aware we will board earlier than most. We have always been on board around 11 AM. We have not sailed since Covid thus we were wondering if the 11:30 boarding was set in stone.

2 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

What is the earliest boarding time for the Discovery in San Pedro. My app says 11:30 to 2:30 for boarding. This contradicts the the Journey View activities time line which indicates events are starting onboard at 10:30. 

They have movies under the stars, tours of venues, etc. Things to entice passengers just boarding. Also things to keep the B2B cruisers entertained.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tootsiescurly said:

I am seeing spa tours and such. I am not talking events in the same vein as you. My husband and I have never been fans of the various entertainment events nor the shows. We are platinum and in a full suite and well aware we will board earlier than most. We have always been on board around 11 AM. We have not sailed since Covid thus we were wondering if the 11:30 boarding was set in stone.

Just go at your usual time and you will be fine.  PCL has always had very conservative boarding time span in the Travel Summary and similar documentation.

we cruise out of San Pedro several times a year on Princess & generally plan to arrive between 10-10:30...unless there is an unexpected delay (ship arrives late d/t weather, coast guard inspection, someone needing to be arrested & taken off the ship before everyone else can disembark) we have always gotten on quickly...