LIVE Thanksgiving Review Nieuw Statendam Rome -> FLL My First Transatlantic Nov 26 - Dec 10 🦃

Haljo1935

Dinner was pretty light and convenient - went to a restaurant next door to the hotel. We're at Hilton Garden; M Parioli Pe' Davera restaurant is in basement next door. Odds are not in your favor if you want something they do not consider authentic. 🫣20231123_015738.thumb.jpg.4bfcd2f5121daa8b57468d09fe065b4c.jpg

After a very long, full day yesterday (work started early and continued through the flight), we were tired and didn't want to go far. Originally, we thought we'd do the nighttime tour of Rome, but decided to do it another night.

Here's what we had before dinner, purchased at a store near the hotel. From NE Italy, it's my friend's first Italian wine. She wasn't entirely sure why she picked that one, and although we finished it, says she won't by it again.

20231123_013418.thumb.jpg.d8943cc99ad9e8720c9b119651c92fe9.jpg20231123_013440.thumb.jpg.172780886056c3af72b475809daaa5da.jpg

We had house red at dinner; do not know what is was and no pictures🫣

Bruschetta, mozzarella and pesto fettuccine, no room for dessert. We shared everything - I kept forgetting to snap a pic before cutting and splitting, sorry, I promise to try to do better.😔 It was all very good.

20231123_013232.thumb.jpg.3c0529c47503c6d6c33bebba5efafc02.jpg20231123_013216.thumb.jpg.6fd5824bd3fece16b82aba5751cdc067.jpg20231123_013200.thumb.jpg.3cae76e1b27d383864b9a15443eb5ad2.jpg20231123_013127.thumb.jpg.36a8465d13877e624a2074adbce88396.jpg

Princess sign in lobby for 2 different ships.20231122_181116.thumb.jpg.5610b30c83f0cf549d04d75674def59c.jpg

We're doing breakfast at the hotel since it's included, then head out for our Vatican tour. Hoping pizza finds its way to us for lunch.

Ciao for now.

• Like 15

I can feel your excitement and am woo hooing along with you!  You sound like how I feel every time we go on a cruise.  Enjoy the pre cruise time; I’ll enjoy following your posts.  Stay safe, have fun, drink wine!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I can feel your excitement and am woo hooing along with you!  You sound like how I feel every time we go on a cruise.  Enjoy the pre cruise time; I’ll enjoy following your posts.  Stay safe, have fun, drink wine!

Thanks so much - Thanksgiving in Italy - woo hoo!!

Of course, since they don't do American Thanksgiving, the woo hoo is really for being in Italy and not preparing or cleaning up a big dinner 🤭

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Wish I could follow this thread but I board Kdam on Saturday.  However, I'll see you on that ship so I'll get my report of your TA firsthand then 😀.

Yes absolutely! Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for doing another cruise report. Are you at the Claridge Garden Inn? We were there twice last November-before and after our side trip to Florence. How many trips did you need in the elevator to get everything to your room? 😯

Edited by SusieKIslandGirl
Fix typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks for doing another cruise report. Are you at the Claridge Garden Inn? We were there twice last November-before and after our side trip to Florence. How many trips did you need in the elevator to get everything to your room? 😯

Yes - smallest elevator ever!! And sooooo slow.

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving🦃 from Rome!!

Very long day today, but amazing! We went to the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica. I was not able to take pictures during all our stops as my phone died. So, that should give you a good idea of how camera happy I was.🙄

Here's a little something to get you started until I post the rest.

Knowing we were going on a cruise, the guide pointed this out specifically for us. This is from the geographical map section; shows Civitavecchia Port.

20231123_114433.thumb.jpg.045619c616f08acae1138cfa83d965e8.jpg

• Like 15

11 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I’m enjoying your reports. They’re bringing back good memories from last year. You should ask at the hotel if they remember the crazy people who left the walker behind because the transfer company wanted over double the price to include it with our luggage.

WOW. That's not fair! 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 12:20 AM, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I’m enjoying your reports. They’re bringing back good memories from last year. You should ask at the hotel if they remember the crazy people who left the walker behind because the transfer company wanted over double the price to include it with our luggage.

Seriously?! What is wrong w/people? Of course, our last night here, we found a lovely gelato place a few blocks from the hotel. Actually, probably a good thing thing we didn't find it sooner or we'd been there every night!

• Like 3