Wednesday November 22nd, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Pennie, I think I mentioned to you I browse but don’t post on the boards.  On the occasion of your upcoming departure, I have to post to wish you a wonderful cruise!  Hope you you have great company at the Seaview Bar and you don’t get as many nursing tasks on this cruise. 😉

Happy Thanksgiving!

Betsy

Noordam Pacific Coast October

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Report on my neurosurgeon visit -- I need a spinal fusion at L4-5.  3 days in the hospital, then home with PT rehab....waiting to get it scheduled.  He said the laminotomy I wanted would eventually fail & that then I'd need the fusion....so....  We are planning on our usual 2 week stay in Maui in March so I want it done & to be 100% by then.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

5 minutes ago, B and J said:

Pennie, I think I mentioned to you I browse but don’t post on the boards.  On the occasion of your upcoming departure, I have to post to wish you a wonderful cruise!  Hope you you have great company at the Seaview Bar and you don’t get as many nursing tasks on this cruise. 😉

Happy Thanksgiving!

Betsy

Noordam Pacific Coast October

Thanks so much Betsy!!  I 🥰

• Like 15

I don't fault authorities for closing the other three bridges temporarily, although I wonder how long they waited after learning that there were no explosives involved. I'm annoyed, however, with the coverage on regional cable news (produced in Syracuse). After a reporter in Niagara Falls said that the other three bridges had reopened, an anchorperson yammered at length about the problems that would ensure "if the other bridges remain closed tomorrow." It is possible that the remote feed wasn't audible in the studio, but I think it's more likely that the anchorperson wasn't listening and spent that time thinking up something to say when back on camera.

And if one more person says "abundance of caution" I may have apoplexy. They even said that the CBP officer who was injured was taken to a hospital "out of an abundance of caution." It would seem obvious to me to take someone who was injured by a car that crashed onto his booth and then exploded to a hospital.

• Like 18

Good evening everyone!

I wish everyone a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving (US) however you choose to spend it. Gratitude and thankfulness are important even though we are challenged in life.

I am making 3 pies for our Thankgiving dinner tomorrow; pecan, apple and french silk. Someone else is bringing the pumpkin. We like to have pie options! Lol. We eat the classic Thanksgiving dinner which my sister is making.

Prayers for all of us, for those struggling and prayers in gratitude to celebrate our good things.

Take care all, have a wonderful holiday and weekend.

Caron

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Pies are baked, cake is done, everything that could be done ahead is ready to go.  So, the drain in the laundry room has decided to back up.  It didn't back up while I was doing laundry, but when Sue gave River a bath, emptying the tub did it.  Grrrr  We just had that drain cleaned out 4 months ago.

• Like 16

55 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

We like to have pie options!

This sounds just like our family.  We've been known to have more pies than people in attendance. 😂

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@Vict0riann,Ann, I am fascinated by the boulders in New Zealand. Thank you for that and the beautiful pictures.

Me too!  I'd never heard of this before. 

1 minute ago, dfish said:

Pies are baked, cake is done, everything that could be done ahead is ready to go.  So, the drain in the laundry room has decided to back up.  It didn't back up while I was doing laundry, but when Sue gave River a bath, emptying the tub did it.  Grrrr  We just had that drain cleaned out 4 months ago.

Drat!  So sorry about the drain back-up.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

One thing that I missed today in the Daily is the fact that this day in history the 35th president of the United States was assassinated 60 years ago .

I remember very well being in grade 6 and in the afternoon in my school in the Netherlands all the teachers made the announcement .  In the Netherlands John F Kennedy as in many of the Western countries in Europe at that time the President was revered and celebrated specially after his famous visit and speech in Berlin .

At home after 60 years I still have the very special edition from the Dutch newspapers that were printed and sold . May he RIP .

Tony 

( I hope this is not seen as a political post ! ) 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

One thing that I missed today in the Daily is the fact that this day in history the 35th president of the United States was assassinated 60 years ago .

I remember very well being in grade 6 and in the afternoon in my school in the Netherlands all the teachers made the announcement .  In the Netherlands John F Kennedy as in many of the Western countries in Europe at that time the President was revered and celebrated specially after his famous visit and speech in Berlin .

At home after 60 years I still have the very special edition from the Dutch newspapers that were printed and sold . May he RIP .

Tony 

Tony, I mentioned it in my Cares List.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Tony 

I wouldn't consider that a political post.  President Kennedy was a very popular president here in the States, too.  I remember being in 7th grade math class when the announcement was made.  What a horrible time that was in our lives and of course no one can forget where they were when it happened.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good chilly Thanksgiving Eve . Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, they were much appreciated.

DB took me out to dinner at Longhorn steak house and we had a small cake when we got home. 
I hope everyone celebrating tomorrow has a blessed and wonderful day with your family and friends. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I'll start where I usually end - prayers and positive thoughts for all.

Busy day - landed in Rome and got settled into the hotel then found food. And also worked.

Have not been to today's port. Instead, here's sunset last night over DFW Airport as seen from my seat.20231121_172803.thumb.jpg.135207a4ccf58473e41a1ca0d6722024.jpg

Coastline this morning coming into Rome as as seen from my seat.

20231122_033738.thumb.jpg.999e6d81442c93d3eae919693312fef5.jpg

• Like 15

Guess I am a little older than some here.  I was in Taipei meeting my DW downtown and the first thing she said to me was "Your President is dead."  She had heard it on the local news.  I thought it was a strange way to put it, but I realized that at that time my president was JFK while hers was Chiang Kai-shek.  We had been married about nine months at the time and were preparing to leave Taiwan the next week.

Ray

• Like 4