OBC disappeared when I cancelled an excursion

WrittenOnYourHeart

I changed my mind about what excursion I wanted on my upcoming cruise so I cancelled it. It was booked with OBC. Every other time I've done that it goes back immediately - I have to refresh the page but it shows up.

Well, this time not only did the cost of the excursion not reappear, the amount I had remaining to use DISAPPEARED!

I'm hoping it's just a glitch and will show up tomorrow - if not I'm calling the Captain's Club line (they're closed today - I tried).

Has anyone else had this happen?? Did it get resolved??

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I changed my mind about what excursion I wanted on my upcoming cruise so I cancelled it. It was booked with OBC. Every other time I've done that it goes back immediately - I have to refresh the page but it shows up.

Well, this time not only did the cost of the excursion not reappear, the amount I had remaining to use DISAPPEARED!

I'm hoping it's just a glitch and will show up tomorrow - if not I'm calling the Captain's Club line (they're closed today - I tried).

I have not, at least that I am aware, but I just canceled an excursion and changed a spa appointment to a better price and my OBC was immediately returned.  This was yesterday afternoon.  I have heard of this happening before...

46 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I decided to check out the cost of adding insurance to my reservation. Did not purchase.   The next morning, the cost of the cruise went up to suggested list price and all discounts disappeared.  It took over 90 minutes and at least I got my reservation back.  But the OBC has not returned despite 2 phone calls. Going on 2 weeks.  Then  I  did make final payment and received a statement with a Zero balance.  Two days later, I got an email calling for payment due for the amount of OBC that was owed to me.  Go figure.  Celebrity says I don't owe money but I still get emails asking for balance due.  Frustrating!

12 minutes ago, keesar said:

I decided to check out the cost of adding insurance to my reservation. Did not purchase.   The next morning, the cost of the cruise went up to suggested list price and all discounts disappeared.  It took over 90 minutes and at least I got my reservation back.  But the OBC has not returned despite 2 phone calls. Going on 2 weeks.  Then  I  did make final payment and received a statement with a Zero balance.  Two days later, I got an email calling for payment due for the amount of OBC that was owed to me.  Go figure.  Celebrity says I don't owe money but I still get emails asking for balance due.  Frustrating!

That stinks!

I at least have the email proving that I should be getting a $92.99 OBC refund. Hopefully that will help me get at least that back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That stinks!

I at least have the email proving that I should be getting a $92.99 OBC refund. Hopefully that will help me get at least that back.

I got the same assurance from Celebrity but they have to send a ticket to the IT department.  Been 2 weeks and 2 calls  and nothing posted to the account.    

Check your order history.  I have just cancelled some things and rebooked to get better price with the current promos.  My OBC was refunded immediately.  I can also see the cancel/ refund tracked in order history

Edited by Shiba_Lover

3 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Check your order history.  I have just cancelled some things and rebooked to get better price with the current promos.  My OBC was refunded immediately.  I can also see the cancel/ refund tracked in order history

Yes, it shows cancelled and amount to be refunded, and I have the email showing refund to OBC. But no OCB is there - and it's not just not showing. I tried to book the excursion I wanted and there was no OBC, just the credit card.

25 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes, it shows cancelled and amount to be refunded, and I have the email showing refund to OBC. But no OCB is there - and it's not just not showing. I tried to book the excursion I wanted and there was no OBC, just the credit card.

Sounds like you do have to call it in.  At least you have all the documentation to show them if it does not appear.  I will say that when I have cancelled it does say it may take a few days even though it's almost always instant.  So hopefully it will appear tomorrow. ☹️

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Sounds like you do have to call it in.  At least you have all the documentation to show them if it does not appear.  I will say that when I have cancelled it does say it may take a few days even though it's almost always instant.  So hopefully it will appear tomorrow. ☹️

That's what I'm hoping. If it doesn't, I'll call.

10 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That's what I'm hoping. If it doesn't, I'll call.

Did you pay a portion of the amount with a CC? Only asking as I have a similar issue, but am waiting to see if the amount goes back on my CC. Strange thing is with ours, I booked tours, cancelled and rebooked when they went on sale and my DS’s account showed the refunded OBC straight away, while ours didn’t 🤷‍♀️. I then did the same for my friends’ and all of theirs went back as OBC instantly, yet some of theirs was paid by CC too. It’s a mystery to me how we’ve all completed exactly the same process and yet had different outcomes.

33 minutes ago, villauk said:

Did you pay a portion of the amount with a CC? Only asking as I have a similar issue, but am waiting to see if the amount goes back on my CC. Strange thing is with ours, I booked tours, cancelled and rebooked when they went on sale and my DS’s account showed the refunded OBC straight away, while ours didn’t 🤷‍♀️. I then did the same for my friends’ and all of theirs went back as OBC instantly, yet some of theirs was paid by CC too. It’s a mystery to me how we’ve all completed exactly the same process and yet had different outcomes.

No, it was all OBC. Credit Card usually takes a few days to show since that involves the bank receiving then showing it.

• Thanks 1

I just got off the phone with Celebrity.

The agent I spoke with put me on hold for a bit and when he came back he said that it had dropped off because I had "repriced" my cruise (I changed from a SV to AQ - I fell in love with Bu on the Summit this past summer - so not technically a reprice) the OBC normally falls off. No explanation why the amount that remained after the excursion I'd originally booked had still been on there.

BUT "as a goodwill gesture" he restored the original $150 OBC that I had on the reservation. And he had me go into my reservation to verify that, so I know it is there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The agent I spoke with put me on hold for a bit and when he came back he said that it had dropped off because I had "repriced" my cruise (I changed from a SV to AQ - I fell in love with Bu on the Summit this past summer - so not technically a reprice) the OBC normally falls off. No explanation why the amount that remained after the excursion I'd originally booked had still been on there.

BUT "as a goodwill gesture" he restored the original $150 OBC that I had on the reservation. And he had me go into my reservation to verify that, so I know it is there.

Good for you.  I had been  asked to see if the balance due had been corrected on the reservation but no luck.  The agent insisted that there was no balance due but not only does it say it on the reservation but also I got another email asking for the same amount late yesterday.  Maddening.....

How long did you wait for an agent and what were the last 2 digits of the number you had called?  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, keesar said:

Good for you.  I had been  asked to see if the balance due had been corrected on the reservation but no luck.  The agent insisted that there was no balance due but not only does it say it on the reservation but also I got another email asking for the same amount late yesterday.  Maddening.....

How long did you wait for an agent and what were the last 2 digits of the number you had called?  Thanks.

I got right through just after 7am eastern. Last 2 digits were 24.

IDK if it’s because mine wasn’t a balance issue - I don’t have final payment until April, and I do insurance separately rather than through the cruise line.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Glad it worked out!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I got right through just after 7am eastern. Last 2 digits were 24.

IDK if it’s because mine wasn’t a balance issue - I don’t have final payment until April, and I do insurance separately rather than through the cruise line.

Thanks for the information.  Took 10 minutes to reach a representative.  I was told that it would take 7-10 days for the issue to be resolved.  (In the past, it was handled immediately).  Now the policy is to send the request to the IT Department.  

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Thanks for the information.  Took 10 minutes to reach a representative.  I was told that it would take 7-10 days for the issue to be resolved.  (In the past, it was handled immediately).  Now the policy is to send the request to the IT Department.  

I’m so sorry! Fingers crossed for you!

We are on day 9 on the 7-10 day window to stop the daily emails saying I owe money on my fully paid for cruise or the cruise could be cancelled.    The amount due is  also still displayed in Manage Reservation.  

I cannot figure out why the situation cannot be immediately adjusted.  Instead, a ticket has to be sent to the IT Department.  Frustrating...