NCL @ Miami Cruise Terminal

ChiefMateJRK

I know that Terminal B is NCL's new terminal in Miami, and that will be the disembarkation terminal for any sailing when only one NCL ship is in port.  I also know that, on occasion, there will be two NCL sailings from Miami on the same day.  How do we confirm the terminal assignments on these days?

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx

put in a date, select cruise

I put the date as December 22 and it shows the Pearl at B and the Gem at C

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just discovered that the Pearl will be at C and not B when I sail.  REALLY good to know!

How the heck does NCL expect us to know this stuff?  The eDocs just list the address for port of Miami.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just discovered that the Pearl will be at C and not B when I sail.  REALLY good to know!

How the heck does NCL expect us to know this stuff?  The eDocs just list the address for port of Miami.

You just look for your ship when you're pulling up to the port! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

You just look for your ship when you're pulling up to the port! 🙂

Yeah, that's fantastic advice.  I'll just tell my Uber/Lyft driver to cruise around the port until I spot my ship.  I'm sure we'll find it after two or three laps.  Did I mention that my last Uber driver in Miami didn't speak English?  Once we finally found out it was "B," he seemed to be able to understand and get us there.

For those who haven't sailed out of Miami, please note that the port is huge and it is anything but obvious how to find and get to a specific ship.  I'm guessing @KSSS2013knows this, but is trying to be funny.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yeah, that's fantastic advice.  I'll just tell my Uber/Lyft driver to cruise around the port until I spot my ship.  I'm sure we'll find it after two or three laps.  Did I mention that my last Uber driver in Miami didn't speak English?  Once we finally found out it was "B," he seemed to be able to understand and get us there.

For those who haven't sailed out of Miami, please note that the port is huge and it is anything but obvious how to find and get to a specific ship.  I'm guessing @KSSS2013knows this, but is trying to be funny.

You are correct....but you might be able to guess by looking at the port Webcam before you head down there.

image.png.ddd639dc138f2ce44764e1efd48fdc60.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

You are correct....but you might be able to guess by looking at the port Webcam before you head down there.

image.png.ddd639dc138f2ce44764e1efd48fdc60.png

This one?

Port Miami Webcam - Cruise Ship and Scenic Web Cam in Miami Florida

I can't see how that would be any help.  Or, is there another?

Why would anybody want to "guess?"  This was a serious request for useful information.  Fortunately, @shof515was very helpful.  Thanks again shof.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This one?

Port Miami Webcam - Cruise Ship and Scenic Web Cam in Miami Florida

I can't see how that would be any help.  Or, is there another?

Why would anybody want to "guess?"  This was a serious request for useful information.  Fortunately, @shof515was very helpful.  Thanks again shof.

This is a serious response, but Shof's may be better.

By looking at the webcam you should be able to cross reference the ship location with the port on Google Maps.

image.png.2aea26814fb9bf416017e2d364f17f0e.png

Yes.  The signage for finding a specific terminal was excellent.  That doesn't help if you don't know what terminal your ship is at.

image.thumb.png.3e80083b238170d4cb54fcdf835d924a.png

Would the digital portion of those not show the ship names?

It didn't when we were there in January.

ok, my last time there was over 18 months ago, I don't recall if I even paid close attention to those signs or if I just let the driver get me there.  Plus, I was on the Joy, which would have gotten terminal B if there were multiple ships in port (leaving the 'auxiliary' terminal for a smaller ship.  I'll be sailing from there again 2 months from tomorrow...

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

I don't recall if I even paid close attention to those signs or if I just let the driver get me there. 

I used to assume that an Uber/Lyft driver in a Port area would know where I needed to go (I was wrong in January).  We had to roll down a window and ask a port employee where the NCL Sky was.

3 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

@ChiefMateJRK  how awesome!!   Wishing an amazing cruise for you & yours.  

Don’t you hate it when CC doesn’t take you seriously 🤣

LOL.  Yep.  That said, most folks don't take me seriously and that seems to work out best for everybody. 🤣  Thanks for the kind wishes.  I'm hunting 🐀 on this one......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm hunting 🐀 on this one......

Well, I’m not on the ship…so don’t be lookin’ for me.

BTW, I’m a “Fancy Rat”.  We are a real thing.

That being said…who actually is in this 🐀 pack?

and, are you going to do a Live?

Edited by laudergayle