Live - Valiant Lady Dec 2-10

ceilidh1

Another great night on Valiant! After dinner at Test Kitchen I headed over to the Red Room for the Miss Behave show. I bumped into some friends from the other group so we sat together and had an absolute blast! I legit had zero idea what was going on 90% of the time but it was a fun! And inappropriate! 🤣

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpeg

IMG_0344.jpeg

IMG_0345.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

Did you find that you were able to book excursions when onboard or were most of them already sold out?

I haven’t tried to book anything but they do keep pushing them on the daily schedule so I’m assuming there are still spots for some available!

8 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

We passed her yesterday and she’s been stalking us since. Our deck 8 is almost level with her bridge. 

in 1999 our very first cruise was with Regent (then named, Radisson Seven Seas).

We weren't sure if we'd like cruising, so we figured if we were going to be miserable, it was going to be in style. 🤣 We were young & dumb. 🤣 Not our style at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Puerto Plata today. I booked an independent excursion through Iguana Mama called Eat, Drink and Be Merry. It was an all inclusive that hit all the tourist areas and included free flowing rum and a lunch for $90usd! The instructions to meet were VERY clear and clear and one of our group (spoiler - it was me) followed them. No matter what time the ship docks, make your way out immediately as the tour leaves 45 minutes after the ship arrives. Simple right? The gangway opened at 8:50am and I was at our tour bus at 9:10am. There would only be 4 of us. I sat in the bus and waited and waited and waited. Two more made it at 10:10am. The fourth person, to be fair, hadn’t even made the ship in Miami so was joining today and arranged to meet us at the first stop rather than make us wait. 

Seriously, though. Don’t be the person that makes others wait cause you don’t have your crap together. I’m going to post some pics from the day but wanted to say it was excellent! I drank so much rum and mama Juana (the baby maker). I also ran into so many people from the ship who apparently know me. I think maybe I need to not drink for a couple of days!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Back to the bus and several rum and cokes later we headed to the rum factory. After a brief video about the history of rum making we were invited to taste 8 different rums. You could have a taste or request a double or triple. The rest is history as they say.,,

IMG_0408.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

• Like 9

My favourite was the Mama Juana otherwise known as the Dominican ***** or the baby maker. I fully expected an extortionate price in the gift shop but nope. Literally $10 for a litre bottle. I knew I couldn’t carry that back to Canada so opted for 3 small bottles for $4 each! It was almost free! Let me tell you, no way could we buy ANY alcohol in Vancouver for that price!

image.jpg

• Like 10

Next stop was lunch where we had a traditional DR rice, beans, and chicken. It was delicious and it was so sweet chatting to the “waiters” - one of whom was the same age as my son. It really made me realize just how privileged we are! One of our group told the poor kid that the beans tasted like dirt. He was so offended. Who does that?

IMG_0418.jpeg

• Like 8