Live - Valiant Lady Dec 2-10

ceilidh1

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

If they offer Loteria gigantica, he hosts it and it’s fantastic. It’s bingo but hipster themed and open bar margaritas and palomas along with tequila shots. 

Whaaaat? Sign me up! I’m in Miami for another day pre cruise so let me know if you need me to pick up anything for him! I’m kinda lost as I take on so much stuff for my princess buddies!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Looks like an amazing day. We got checked in and had dinner around 11pm. The gastro pub next to the Hampton Inn has some pretty good cocktails.

I have to agree, Loteria is so much fun. 

They do a great Moscow Mule in there and the burgers are to die for! 

• Like 4

Another great night sleep and woke around 7:30am feeling refreshed. No pictures from breakfast as it was more of the same from yesterday and not photo worthy. Planning my route for today - the one downside to travelling without data is not having access to google maps. A few times yesterday I got myself turned around and ended up walking the wrong direction…

Starting today in the Wynwood area and hitting up Paradox Museum. I would have liked to see the street art but it seems they now charge $12 to walk through. Hmmm. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Another great night sleep and woke around 7:30am feeling refreshed. No pictures from breakfast as it was more of the same from yesterday and not photo worthy. Planning my route for today - the one downside to travelling without data is not having access to google maps. A few times yesterday I got myself turned around and ended up walking the wrong direction…

Starting today in the Wynwood area and hitting up Paradox Museum. I would have liked to see the street art but it seems they now charge $12 to walk through. Hmmm. 

Enjoying your live so far!  If you weren't aware you can download Google Maps for the area to use offline, with no data.  While you are on the hotel Wi-Fi download whatever region you want and the you'll have access to maps while you are exploring. 

• Like 1

May have to try a burger. I wanted to try a lobster roll this trip and it was really tasty. I had the barrel aged new fashioned and the gun powder dram. My wife had the infused rum and the whiskey sour. That whiskey sour was amazing. Our waitress was a sweetie and brought us a taste of the hard root beer. 

That’s a bummer about the charge to see the walls. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mbfrenc0586 said:

Enjoying your live so far!  If you weren't aware you can download Google Maps for the area to use offline, with no data.  While you are on the hotel Wi-Fi download whatever region you want and the you'll have access to maps while you are exploring. 

Uhhhh no I was not aware! Lol. Going to try that right now!

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

You don't need to pay to see the street art, it's everywhere in Wynwood... Only pay option is Wynwood walls which you can see through the gate for free...

• Like 5

This morning I headed to Wynnwood with a quick stop at Target! I walked the streets and looked at the art but opted not to pay the $12 for wynnwood walls (thanks @sid_9169) Then I headed to The Paradox Museum, which is an optical illusion museum. It was very cool and I highly recommend it!

IMG_9997.jpeg

IMG_9998.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0023.jpeg

• Like 12

I gotta say, I’m getting to be a pro at navigating the transportation system here in Miami! I’ve used the metromover, the bus, and the free trolley. All incredibly easy and convenient! Bonus is that buses and metrorail are free until the end of the year! Score. I haven’t figured out how to get to the port tomorrow - the hotel doesn’t have a shuttle 

• Like 7

After the museum I headed to Bayside and got tickets for the millionaire boat cruise. I’ve done this before and enjoyed it and it was included in the go city pass. I had planned on doing the Thriller boat but there was a two hour wait so I opted not to. 

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0061.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0064.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

• Like 9

You may recall that I forgot to eat lunch yesterday? Well, today I purposely skipped lunch as I wanted to try the all you can eat sushi place in Brickell village. So, after the boat cruise, I headed up to Kan Sushi. It’s $25 per person for lunch and $35 for dinner. The menu is extensive and it’s all made to order. I wouldn’t say it’s the best sushi I ever had but definitely worth $35. I am stuffed to the gills! In addition to the rolls, they had sashimi, salads, ramen, appies. It was a little overwhelming to be honest! My choices to come….

• Like 6

Enjoy the cruise! We just did that itinerary for Thanksgiving last week. Was really nice to spend 8 nights on the ship instead of 5. The biggest surprise last week was the steak in Extra Virgin, the best on the ship and possibly the best steak I've had at sea.  Was disappointed to find that Bingo with the Diva was replaced with Bingo with the Happenings Cast. But we still got to see plenty of Carlos around the ship at other events. In San Juan there is an awesome food tour called Flavors of San Juan that's not only full of great food, but is a good tour of Old San Juan. Enjoy! 

• Like 3

It’s cruise day! I found out my hotel DOES offer a shuttle to the port, but it leaves at 11am and that’s too early for virgin. It’s also $15 per person. I’m pretty sure I could get an Uber for that. I opted instead to request a late checkout. The latest they would give me was 12pm, but better than nothing. Heading to find some breakfast and then need to pack up. I think I will wander Brickell village to kill some time this morning…

• Like 5

Breakfast was very busy this morning. As a result they ran out of some of the food. Scrambled eggs and hash browns were out when I got down at 8:15am and I heard the staff tell a guy there was no more. I’m content with my waffle, but people are mad! lol. I have to say, this is hands down the worst homewood suite’s breakfast I’ve ever had and I tend to stay in Homewood a fair bit. This would definitely impact my choice to stay again if the price was comparable to other hotels in the area. The Hampton Inn breakfast was a million times better! The hotel itself was fine. Nice location, easy to get to everywhere I needed to get, clean, quiet, great room. When I booked, there was some kind of deal on so it worked out about $209 less than booking Hampton inn for the 3 nights. I was also able to use points for one of the nights so in total I paid $572 which seemed like a decent price (until I converted it to CAD!

• Like 4