Brisbane transfers

What is the best way to get from new Brisbane cruise terminal to either the CBD or domestic airport? I am with Princess and can't any info as to whether they do transfers themselves and if they can be booked onboard. I don't see much in the way of public transport options.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There are no public transport options from the cruise terminal. Princess has transfers to the airport and I think also to the Roma Street Railway/Transport Centre. The other option is a taxi or Uber.

Do you know if you can book a Princess transfer on the ship? It is not available for me to book online and my cruise planner weirdly does not know.

Just now, lorri111 said:

Do you know if you can book a Princess transfer on the ship? It is not available for me to book online and my cruise planner weirdly does not know.

You can book on board the ship, but that won't help you if you need a transfer to get to the ship. A few months ago I wanted to book a Princess transfer from Sydney airport to the ship so I couldn't do it on board. I phoned Princess and they said I had to book it through my travel agent. He did it without a problem. From your post it sounds like you have a Princess Cruise Planner. He/she should know how to do it. How soon is your cruise? I got a bit of an impression that maybe the transfer couldn't be booked until a few weeks prior to the cruise, but I am not sure about that.

If you are travelling with a companion there isn't much difference between the cost of a taxi and two people in the shuttle bus. The taxi would be around A$60.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That is an unbeatable price.

I know, I was surprised. It is shared, not private, I put the time of our flight in, it gave a suggested pick up time, but we were able to select an earlier one as we have Qantas lounge passes to use. Our flight is at 1pm.

We will get the free Skygate bus from Domestic to Novotel the day before, then the next morning will have to taxi it to the port, will see what that costs!!

16 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We just booked with Con x ion as per Mic above.

Port to Domestic airport $40 for two of us ($20 each)

You pick a pick up time and they give you instructions where to meet etc, very easy.

6 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I know, I was surprised. It is shared, not private, I put the time of our flight in, it gave a suggested pick up time, but we were able to select an earlier one as we have Qantas lounge passes to use. Our flight is at 1pm.

We will get the free Skygate bus from Domestic to Novotel the day before, then the next morning will have to taxi it to the port, will see what that costs!!

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

You can book on board the ship, but that won't help you if you need a transfer to get to the ship. A few months ago I wanted to book a Princess transfer from Sydney airport to the ship so I couldn't do it on board. I phoned Princess and they said I had to book it through my travel agent. He did it without a problem. From your post it sounds like you have a Princess Cruise Planner. He/she should know how to do it. How soon is your cruise? I got a bit of an impression that maybe the transfer couldn't be booked until a few weeks prior to the cruise, but I am not sure about that.

If you are travelling with a companion there isn't much difference between the cost of a taxi and two people in the shuttle bus. The taxi would be around A$60.

Cruise ends in Brisbane so only need to worry about transfer from ship. I thought of taxis of course but figured 3500 people looking for taxi at same time might be interesting! Only problem I can see with booking with Connexion is the need to specify a time, and we won't know till onboard what time we will be disembarking

9 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Cruise ends in Brisbane so only need to worry about transfer from ship. I thought of taxis of course but figured 3500 people looking for taxi at same time might be interesting! Only problem I can see with booking with Connexion is the need to specify a time, and we won't know till onboard what time we will be disembarking

We always choose self disembark ( don't put your bags out the night before) and get off when we want. We have done this on Carnival, P&O and Royal this year, works good for us. We can easily wheel our medium size cases and a back pack off.

I will never put my luggage out again haha.....oh maybe a world cruise, but can't see that happening!

2 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We always choose self disembark ( don't put your bags out the night before) and get off when we want. We have done this on Carnival, P&O and Royal this year, works good for us. We can easily wheel our medium size cases and a back pack off.

I will never put my luggage out again haha.....oh maybe a world cruise, but can't see that happening!

Good idea, especially as we are only taking hand luggage. 

Just now, lorri111 said:

Good idea, especially as we are only taking hand luggage. 

Oh yes, just walk off.....too easy. We hang about depending on flight times etc. 

And just to add, our cruise earlier this year from Brisbane on Luminosa, a taxi van charged us $60 per couple, we jumped in with another couple to share the cost, but nope, he got $120 for that ride.   

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

We just booked with Con x ion as per Mic above.

Port to Domestic airport $40 for two of us ($20 each)

You pick a pick up time and they give you instructions where to meet etc, very easy.

Very easy and reasonable but they do book out.

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Debarkation times will rarely be after 9am, so if the transfer offers 9.30am, you will be sweet.

3 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Email or phone Princess to ask.  Would it show under excursions.  I'm a local, picked up at the door so I can't help you

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When I was trying to book a transfer it wasn't under excursions.

I was sent an email re the cruise with a link to "book transfers" and when I went into it to took me to a section of Personalizer with flight info, but nothing on transfers. So where else could it be?

26 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I was sent an email re the cruise with a link to "book transfers" and when I went into it to took me to a section of Personalizer with flight info, but nothing on transfers. So where else could it be?

Comtact someone in Auth. Try to talk to a live person.  Those chat "people" are useless. 

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Comtact someone in Auth. Try to talk to a live person.  Those chat "people" are useless. 

Actually it was my cruise planner who I asked in email about this and he said he didn't know - now THAT is useless.

41 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You could check cc to see any comments on previous cruises,

There are good comments on this thread.

They do transfers that you can book on the ship - post number 3 (I think these were around $30pp last time we booked one). More expensive, but a handy use of OBC if you have any leftover

Connexion does transfers even cheaper - post 2 and 6

• Like 1