Does Oceania offer take away cups for coffee/tea with lids?

wencel

Hi, maybe an odd question but am about to embark on my first Oceania experience... Does Oceania offer takeaway cups for hot coffee/tea with lids? By takeaway I mean for drinking while on ship, not to take during excursions. Seabourn Square provides reusable hard plastic ones. Silversea's new Nova provides a ridiculously small white thin paper cup that has to be doubled or tripled to withstand hot beverages and then puts a plastic lid on it (so much for their proudly touted "no single use plastic onboard" claim). 

I love holding a nice hot cup of tea in hand as I stroll the ship throughout the day and would love to know how Oceania handles that. Are takeaways available and are they a decent size (closer to a Starbucks tall or grande than short)? If necessary, I can pack my own reusable one. 

Horizons upper longe has fine coffee machines, available early am.  I don't think lids are there, but coffee is real nice.  This was on Regatta.  I think the cups were 10 or 12 oz.

Also some breakfast croissants and pastries available, and orange juice.  

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Yes at Barista’s. Just tell them if you want regular coffee, cappuccino etc “to go”.

I think they also had take away coffee and tea in The Terrace. Barista’s has very good coffee. Enjoy your trip!

There haven’t been lids for take out cups on O ships since before the Pandemic started. They do have recycled paper sleeves for hot cups.

Sadly, O has not renewed its coffee contract with Illy Coffee. Now they use a proprietary brand. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

There haven’t been lids for take out cups on O ships since before the Pandemic started. They do have recycled paper sleeves for hot cups.

Sadly, O has not renewed its coffee contract with Illy Coffee. Now they use a proprietary brand. 

Yes, I did notice that there were no Illy cups or napkins.  I thought coffee was very fine in Baristas, and in Horizons machine.  I drink black coffee, and it was strong enough and very robust.

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Interesting.  This month on Nautica we found the coffee in Barista's only OK in quality and taste.  Celebrity coffee house products are far better!

Also, even in the early morning Barista's was never busy.  Always just walked up and ordered.  Maybe O's base is not part of the "coffee culture".  Never a wait at any time of day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Since when did that begin? I was on Sirena in early April and the coffee at Baristas was terrific. Not sure what the brand was.
Thanks.

14 hours ago, Guest said:

Yes at Barista’s. Just tell them if you want regular coffee, cappuccino etc “to go”.

I think they also had take away coffee and tea in The Terrace. Barista’s has very good coffee. Enjoy your trip!

Take away, no lids

• Like 2

FWIW....I always bring my own "car cup" from home.  A secure lid, nice insulation and easily identified as my own.

One other side benefit....if you need to pack eyeglasses or some other "delicate" item, it makes a great place to have a "solid" container for your items.  It won't get crushed in your suitcase.  And if you don't have anything that needs a "safe", you can always shove in a pair or two of sox so it's not wasted space.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

No lids on Nautica this month either.  Thought that was really strange....an accident waiting to happen!

Especially the passengers who ride the elevators with hot coffee no lid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Since when did that begin? I was on Sirena in early April and the coffee at Baristas was terrific. Not sure what the brand was.
Thanks.

In January there were no lids in baristas and the delightful barista responded to a request for one with "SINGLE USE PLASTIC IS KILLING THE PLANET"

That was the moment I fell in love with her.

I always take our own travel cups. There’s nothing that brings more brownie points than a cuppa delivered to your SO first thing in the morning 🙂 

Also i like to have a first cuppa with first breakfast before I take him his cuppa and we can then go to second breakfast (for me!!). 

well, I do live in The Shire.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wencel said:

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone! I will pack my own reusable with lid... I seem to have a skill for spilling 😁 I do enjoy a nice cappuccino and hope Oceania's proprietary brand is decent.

Last month on Nautica they were refilling the machines with Lavazza.  Personally I don't care what brand it is, as long as it tastes good!  I didn't have any issues with the new coffee last month on Nautica or in August on Insignia.  It is still good and strong!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shepherd really said:

In January there were no lids in baristas and the delightful barista responded to a request for one with "SINGLE USE PLASTIC IS KILLING THE PLANET"

That was the moment I fell in love with her.

Minimal tokenism to save money yet feel virtuous in the process. At least they offer takeaway containers. Regent offers nothing for takeaway except standard china  coffee cups with saucers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, edgee said:

Minimal tokenism to save money yet feel virtuous in the process. At least they offer takeaway containers. Regent offers nothing for takeaway except standard china  coffee cups with saucers.

The reusable take-away cups and lids on Seabourn were very nice. So nice that many were "going home" in guests' luggage and they were thinking about doing away with them and going back to paper. Hopefully they'll still be in use on our next Seabourn voyages.

• Like 2

Pre no lids I would go to the Terrace cafe around 7 am where they have a coffee station get 2 coffee bring back to our cabin. 

Now no lids I have a pot of coffee delivered to our stateroom by 7:00 am.

Oceania stopped providing plastic lids pre pandemic as part of their environmental response. There are many lightweight cups available and if you are a tea drinker I would recommend the purchase of one with a metal casing as it doesn’t impart a plastic flavour to the more delicate flavour of tea.