Stockperks App

wesport

I recently emailed my fidelity statement for a Princess cruise.  I was instructed to download the stockperks app and send my statement in, and then apply for the shareholder credit. I did this and two days later got the credit. Since all lines are on the app, I used the app for my March Caribbean on Seabourn.  Like clockwork, two days later I got the credit. You only have to download one statement and thats it. Easy peezee 

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account or provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information. 

StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/missure financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will also send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs.

I understand we all want to get our OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.  

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have.

Additionally, I got the clarification that StockPerks is falsely advertising that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are also using them. As of now it is ONLY CARNIVAL that is using StockPerks to cut costs and reduce their in-house employees that are dedicated to processing these requests. Shame on Carnival for the lack of proper information and falsely sending out emails recommending to their shareholders that it is "recommended" that they link their brokerage accounts to StockPerks when it is not at all needed.

• Like 3

Please do not involve any third party apps for this exercise.

All you need to do is take a screen shot of your most recent brokerage statement page showing your name, statement date, and ownership of 100+ shares of CCL.  Black out any other information, i.e. account number, your account balance and other positions, etc.  Email this screenshot to SB guest services with your booking code, and they'd normally post the shareholder credit onto your booking within a week.

1 minute ago, sfvoyage said:

Please do not involve any third party apps for this exercise.

All you need to do is take a screen shot of your most recent brokerage statement page showing your name, statement date, and ownership of 100+ shares of CCL.  Black out any other information, i.e. account number, your account balance and other positions, etc.  Email this screenshot to SB guest services with your booking code, and they'd normally post the shareholder credit onto your booking within a week.

That was the old process. Now Carnival requires you to use a 3rd party app StockPerks to share your proof of stock holding and once approved to apply for the OBC again using the 3rd party app. You may have some catching to do in terms of what has changed and reading the entire blog.

7 minutes ago, rajraj said:

You may have some catching to do in terms of what has changed and reading the entire blog.

What blog?

In any case, I just spoke with my Seabourn Club rep, who informed me that the old way is still valid.

So if you would like to bypass the new app, you can directly email CCLshareholderSBN@seabourn.com (not case sensitive).   

I used to email guestservices@seabourn.com and am guessing that email address should still work as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

What blog?

In any case, I just spoke with my Seabourn Club rep, who informed me that the old way is still valid.

So if you would like to bypass the new app, you can directly email CCLshareholderSBN@seabourn.com (not case sensitive).   

I used to email guestservices@seabourn.com and am guessing that email address should still work as well.

As of now Carnival Corporation is the only cruise line using this 3rd party app. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are still using their old processes.

Additionally within the 8 lines owned by Carnival Corporation, Carnival cruises is being most adamant on the use of the 3rd party app, I am hearing from other cruisers that Princess, Holland America, Seabourn etc. are being more flexible and also allowing the old process as well for now.

Just hold on! Look at carnivalcorp.com for the guidance. It is under Shareholder Information. We used it 2 months ago for our Cunard cruise and it worked.

We will not use some data mining - suspect third party app for a routine matter such as this. Just ridiculous, and probably illegal in many jurisdictions, no matter what you say Carnival US may believe and you choose to believe.

For our next Seabourn cruise of Feb we will continue to use the HAL email address we have used for many years to send a copy of the brokerage statement showing the CCL holding and our cruise booking number to get the $250.

Seabourn/HAL have more important issues to mess with than create such nonsense.

Happy and healthy sailing!

11 hours ago, markham said:

Just hold on! Look at carnivalcorp.com for the guidance. It is under Shareholder Information. We used it 2 months ago for our Cunard cruise and it worked.

We will not use some data mining - suspect third party app for a routine matter such as this. Just ridiculous, and probably illegal in many jurisdictions, no matter what you say Carnival US may believe and you choose to believe.

For our next Seabourn cruise of Feb we will continue to use the HAL email address we have used for many years to send a copy of the brokerage statement showing the CCL holding and our cruise booking number to get the $250.

I agree with your philosophy on protecting data. Glad that Seabourn/HAL (even though they are owned by Carnival Corporation) is still following the old process....I heard even Princess is being flexible. However not Carnival Cruises. They are very adamant about having to use this 3rd party app....not even a website but an actual App! 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:58 AM, wesport said:

I recently emailed my fidelity statement for a Princess cruise.  I was instructed to download the stockperks app and send my statement in, and then apply for the shareholder credit. I did this and two days later got the credit. Since all lines are on the app, I used the app for my March Caribbean on Seabourn.  Like clockwork, two days later I got the credit. You only have to download one statement and thats it. Easy peezee 

Could you please explain “I recently emailed my fidelity statement for a Princess cruise.”?  I do not understand what that sentence means.  

Thanks!

On 12/1/2023 at 10:16 AM, markham said:

As you say Markham.

The system works and the wise will continue to use it.

11 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

As you say Markham.

The system works and the wise will continue to use it.

As long as the old system works and emails are still accepted makes complete sense to use it. It is a shame that Carnival is forcing its stockholders to this 3rd party app

On 11/30/2023 at 5:08 PM, rajraj said:

Now Carnival requires you to use a 3rd party app StockPerks to share your proof of stock holding and once approved to apply for the OBC again using the 3rd party app. You may have some catching to do in terms of what has changed and reading the entire blog.

Perhaps Carnival does, but Seabourn doesn't. I just last week sent an email to Seabourn and received my OBC credit. In fact, I sent it at 4:30 pm (US Eastern time) Saturday, and was shocked to see that I got a reply that my credit was issues that same night at 2:30 am. Who was working on shareholder credits at midnight on a weekend?!

On 11/30/2023 at 3:32 PM, rajraj said:

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this.

You can do that, but you can also take a screen shot or download a PDF of your brokerage statement, and then redact everything but your name, address, and the line showing your holding of CCL stock. It takes me just a minute to create a redacted proof of stock ownership; attach it to an email with your name, booking number, ship, and sail date, and you'll be all set.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 4:15 AM, markham said:

Who goes on Carnival cruises anyway. If Seabourn starts treating us like Carnival cruisers in this manner that would expedite my use of the exit ramp.

Millions of passengers sail with Carnival. Seems like a snorty and uncalled for comment really!

On 12/3/2023 at 6:44 PM, cruiseej said:

Perhaps Carnival does, but Seabourn doesn't. I just last week sent an email to Seabourn and received my OBC credit. In fact, I sent it at 4:30 pm (US Eastern time) Saturday, and was shocked to see that I got a reply that my credit was issues that same night at 2:30 am. Who was working on shareholder credits at midnight on a weekend?!

You can do that, but you can also take a screen shot or download a PDF of your brokerage statement, and then redact everything but your name, address, and the line showing your holding of CCL stock. It takes me just a minute to create a redacted proof of stock ownership; attach it to an email with your name, booking number, ship, and sail date, and you'll be all set.

You certainly can redact 95% or more of your brokerage statement but for me obtaining a letter with just the specific stock in question seemed the more safer and efficient way for me. I only had the redact the address and my brokerage account number (it only had the last 4-digits of my account number to begin with). I have a similar letter for each of 3 cruise lines with whom I hold stocks.

Sorry to offend you. But think this through… I have a choice and so do you. I choose not to bother with Carnival cruises, and whether of not “millions do” makes no difference to me. 

As you may know from my first post on this thread, CCL’s AR does not herd people to use a third party vendor which also seems to pose issues re data gathering. I can choose not to be part of that. Ok?

Further, Seabourn has always claimed to be a luxury line and that means paying attention to its passengers in a careful way. They might as well know that what may be acceptable for the many simply may not fly with everyone who pays Seabourn prices. That’s how business is done re customer care and marketing. That is my point of view. Ok?

13 hours ago, markham said:

Sorry to offend you. But think this through… I have a choice and so do you. I choose not to bother with Carnival cruises, and whether of not “millions do” makes no difference to me. 

As you may know from my first post on this thread, CCL’s AR does not herd people to use a third party vendor which also seems to pose issues re data gathering. I can choose not to be part of that. Ok?

Further, Seabourn has always claimed to be a luxury line and that means paying attention to its passengers in a careful way. They might as well know that what may be acceptable for the many simply may not fly with everyone who pays Seabourn prices. That’s how business is done re customer care and marketing. That is my point of view. Ok?

You are not offending me one bit by not being part of the millions who sail on Carnival...Your comment of being snorty and indicating who sails on Carnival was uncalled for. Happy sailing to you to!

• Like 1

I booked a Seabourn cruise today and was told by my PCC that the new way is the only way to get OBC for stock ownership.  He had no way to process the request “the old way”.  He said this is very new.

1 hour ago, LMB01 said:

I booked a Seabourn cruise today and was told by my PCC that the new way is the only way to get OBC for stock ownership.  He had no way to process the request “the old way”.  He said this is very new.

I'm curious why they said this since a few on this thread have said they have applied it the old way within the last week? This would imply that this has changed within the last few days.

20 hours ago, LMB01 said:

Perhaps that's the case, but as I wrote above, I just did it the "old way" a week ago, and my request was responded to and the credit issued within a few hours on a weekend night. 

You could try sending an email and stock documentation to Seabourn (e.g. the "old way") to see if they will process it; if they are truly no longer doing it except through the app, I'm sure they'll reply and tell you you must use the app now. 

I just received the following from my broker....... 

maybe they are enforcing this from December and those of you who applied in November got lucky..

Dear

I am writing you in relation to your cruise sailing on

Seabourn has recently advised us that they have new approach to claiming on board credit and will no longer accept any faxed, emailed or hard copy proof of eligibility send to them for processing.

All guests are now required to upload their proof of share ownership to the StockPerks app, where StockPerks will verify if guests have the applicable shares to qualify. StockPerks will be their new vendor which will handle all proof of eligibility for all guests requesting their shareholder on board credit.

Steps to follow:
- Download the app to the device of choice
- Create an account
- Ensure you have an existing booking in place - Upload the proof of 100 Shares

Hence, as you hold shares with Carnival Plc, I am able to provide you with a Proof of Holdings. As requested, please find attached a Proof of Holdings stating how many shares you hold with Carnival PLC.

If you have any trouble with the process to contact Seabourn directly.