Coco Cay Thrill Park might be chilly!

goldfish65

Looking at the weather for next week when we are in The Bahamas, gusty and high temps in the 70s, I'm inclined to think the water slides will be chilly. Common sense tells me to get a refund for the water park. Thoughts?

Edited by goldfish65

2 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I wouldn’t spend the crazy money they are asking for that water park.    
so many other things to do on the island that don’t cost a thing.    
but that’s me.    

I was shocked that the price dropped to under $40; still, if our teeth are going to be chattering, why spend even that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goldfish65 said:

I was shocked that the price dropped to under $40; still, if our teeth are going to be chattering, why spend even that? 

At 40.00 that’s a crazy cheap deal.   
now I would consider paying that as I love a good slide.   But I’d be prepared for the chilly weather.   Bring a sweatshirt with me lol.    

• Thanks 1

Just did the water park yesterday. The water slides and wave pool are NOT heated. Water slides did a number on my back though. They're NOT smooth, and you get a bump every section of the slide you pass through.

It was fun, but I won't be doing it again.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

Looking at the weather for next week when we are in The Bahamas, gusty and high temps in the 70s, I'm inclined to think the water slides will be chilly. Common sense tells me to get a refund for the water park. Thoughts?

Was there yesterday in the lower to mid 70s.  I heard a few people complain about the weather but for me (in my mid 50s so not a fan of heat)....  it was perfect. Went in the ocean and wave pool. It wasn't walk-in warm but it was fine.   We had the water park passes ($39.99 I think) and we'd all say we had a nice visit to Coco Cay. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

Was there yesterday in the lower to mid 70s.  I heard a few people complain about the weather but for me (in my mid 50s so not a fan of heat)....  it was perfect. Went in the ocean and wave pool. It wasn't walk-in warm but it was fine.   We had the water park passes ($39.99 I think) and we'd all say we had a nice visit to Coco Cay. 

The pool at coco Cay is freezing! We were there last in December and the air was warm but the water…my gosh!!! Brrr. Plus pretty crowded and the music is quite loud. 

• Thanks 1

We were there the week of November 2 on the Independence, which had “a problem with the gangway”. They were checking people off and on the ship almost manually. We stood in a line of probably 200 people for over twenty minutes in rain that was blowing sideways. We are getting another chance on December 6 on Serenade (along with the Anthem, I surmise from @GimmeOcean’s post above). 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 12:41 PM, goldfish65 said:

I went on Voyager water slides while docked in Akureyri, Iceland!

image.thumb.png.ca41398e492c4205ccd8b686b473a66f.png

Was a little concerned when i saw this as we are booked to be there Tuesday at the waterpark. Never been and got tickets for dirt cheap.

just checked a couple weather sites and showing a range of 24C to 28C ( I guess that would be high 70s to low 80s F?)

We will have to take frequent breaks out of the sun so our skin doesn't melt off. Yeesh its currently -8 C (-18F) right now and it us unseasonably warm for this time of year.

• Like 2

WE were there December 13th of last year and it was very chilly, never got in the Lagoon Pool nor the ocean.  In fact, we sat in loungers enjoying the little kids that were turning purple and went back to ship after about 2 hrs.  If the weather doesn't co-operate, you might as well not get off.

12 hours ago, Mikamarii said:

Was a little concerned when i saw this as we are booked to be there Tuesday at the waterpark. Never been and got tickets for dirt cheap.

just checked a couple weather sites and showing a range of 24C to 28C ( I guess that would be high 70s to low 80s F?)

We will have to take frequent breaks out of the sun so our skin doesn't melt off. Yeesh its currently -8 C (-18F) right now and it us unseasonably warm for this time of year.

The issue is the water temperature, not the air temperature. I was at Coco Cay on Wednesday. At this time of year the water is too cold for me at both the water park and Oasis Lagoon. I made the mistake several years ago of going to the water park in December. After riding one slide the four of us decided that was enough for the day. It’s not fun walking around wet and cold. Having said that, my unscientific view is people from the north part of the US are more likely than people from the South to find the water temperature acceptable at Coco Cay this time of year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I was at Coco Cay exactly a year ago, so the first week of December.  It wasn't overly warm, but I was comfortable enough in a swimsuit and sleeveless cover up.  Next time I go at this time of year, I'm going to wear a long sleeved rash guard.  

What was the water temperature like (pool and ocean)?

16 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What was the water temperature like (pool and ocean)?

I was at Coco Cay three days ago (Wednesday). I only stepped in to my knees in the Oasis Lagoon pool and the water at South Beach. The temperature was roughly in the mid to upper 70s. I have owned 4 pools so I am usually pretty accurate at knowing water temperature without using a thermometer. The water was too cold for me, but there were quite a few people in the water at both locations. 

• Thanks 2