Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Found some really old metal pipes with too much dirt in them on the ship....even had plants growing out of them!!  😮😉 

The art work on cruise ships always amaze me. I'm always thinking those creators/artist must take acid first to be that creative. 😵

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 5

Upper  tier.   Serenade of the seas orchestra...pretty good!  Unusual drawing at the end, giving out a bottle of bubbly, dinner certificates, and two hats.  Then they ended up giving everyone the same hat as we left.  🙂  Cute!  

20231219_092617.jpg

20231219_093423.jpg

20231219_095001.jpg

20231219_095315.jpg

20231219_101659.jpg

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Upper  tier.   Serenade of the seas orchestra...pretty good!  Unusual drawing at the end, giving out a bottle of bubbly, dinner certificates, and two hats.  Then they ended up giving everyone the same hat as we left.  🙂  Cute!  

I like the hat. Can you imagine the uproar from a few (especially here on CC) if you and Bucky wears that hat with your Pinnacle name tags.😲

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...maybe attach the Pinnie tag to it!!  😄 🤣

That would be picture worthy. Only if you both are wearing them and with a glass of wine in hand.🍷  😁

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

Did anyone take any pictures in the Windjammer the first day? Was it set up super nice like an inaugural cruise sailing like a new ship since this was a very new itinerary. I would hope they would set up something special?

Did they? any pics to share?

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

I doubt that they are creative enough to develop a different menu for D+ than the the one they have for Pins.

Ah but they do…… we don’t get the filet, just the NY Strip. But we do get the mushroom soup which I can almost make a meal out of that stuff…. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I agree...though have seen posts that they were indeed different.  Not sure why they would do that.  One D+ on a cruise posted their "surf and turf" was strip steak and shrimp...while the Pinnies got lobster and filet.  

I will post the menu later today, and hope someone from the other lunch on the 22nd will post one from there.  

D+ Menu from Odyssey TA

IMG_7931.jpeg

1 hour ago, ckruetze said:

And to top it the picture needs to be at a table in an crowded suite lounge.

LOL...and the funny thing is the CL (still named concierge lounge) is never packed up...mostly empty all the time.   But I like your idea.  😉 

Though the Crown Lounge is nuts...and at 5 pm they open the connecting door to a roped off very large area of the VCL.  That is when the noise level increases....and we leave our bar stools at the VCL bar...to head into the Concierge Lounge which much more quiet until dinner at 5:30 😉 

• Like 2

Pinnacle "Cheers with an officer".   Not busy yet in this picture, but it did fill up pretty well later.  

Menu:   Notice no Lobster.  😉   My steak was not so good...but Bucky's was perfect.  Luck of the cow I guess.  😉  

20231219_111112.jpg

20231219_111142.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Pinnacle "Cheers with an officer".   Not busy yet in this picture, but it did fill up pretty well later.  

Menu:   Notice no Lobster.  😉   My steak was not so good...but Bucky's was perfect.  Luck of the cow I guess.  😉  

20231219_111112.jpg

I spy John's bald head and Lala's full mane.  😁 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just shy of 1500 total pax on this one.  Approx.  75% of this sailing is C&A.  

I’m actually kind of surprised by the numbers.  

I reminded DH the other day that if we’d gone on the world cruise we would have been Pinnacle before the end.  Guess we’ll just keep plodding along.  

For we lowly D+ the lunch’s are always a treat. 

• Haha 1