Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

They are currently performing at the Luxor in Las Vegas. At the height of their popularity there were actually several touring groups and one that was in "residence" for a while at Disney World. They got their big break by appearing in a series of IBM (big Blue) ads.

Universal, not Disney

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, just like me. 😁  I am a bit of a magnet freak anyway.  😉  

5 minutes ago, doghog said:

Yes we are. It's the only way to live a long life. But we don't have to grow up. 😁 🍷

I guess we are all older than we think, because one of the magnets is from Odyssey and the other is from Harmony. Eyesight is the second thing to go, but I can’t remember what the first thing is😅

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

Universal, not Disney

I distinctly remember them performing at Disney. One of my students was in the group at the time, and we went there to see him perform.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

I guess we are all older than we think, because one of the magnets is from Odyssey and the other is from Harmony. Eyesight is the second thing to go, but I can’t remember what the first thing is😅

Thanks! Where the hell are my reading glasses. Everyday is a new day or long adventure. 😂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I distinctly remember them performing at Disney. One of my students was in the group at the time, and we went there to see him perform.

perhaps.  It didn't sound familiar to me so I googled.  They were at Universal 2007 to 2021, but I didn't find anything for WDW

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Just received this from our cabin attendant...will make going over to Devil's Island tomorrow perhaps a little easier.   

20231222_103021.jpg

Tenders may not be that bad anyway since the ship is not full.

They can have close to 500 people off with 3 lifeboats.

Sea conditions either makes it go real fast(calm seas) or real slow( if rough seas).

Right now in Devil's Island it's 80 degrees  with 6 ft Waves and the Wind is at 14 kt's .

Hopefully tomorrow's conditions will be fine so you can tender easily.

Edited by Jimbo

40 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

perhaps.  It didn't sound familiar to me so I googled.  They were at Universal 2007 to 2021, but I didn't find anything for WDW

It would have been much further back than that - 2002-2003 timeframe before they were all that well established.

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Just finished one of the enrichment lectures...this one hosted by Captain Stig.  Was a lot of pictures of his Norwegian home land, including his boat and his home.  Pretty cool!  A lot of good information about Norway and beautiful pictures.  He is quite the adventurer!   

And of course information about Antarctica.  Really looking forward to the cruise through there and hoping for good weather.  He is going to try to cross the Antarctic circle...if conditions allow. 

20231222_075534.jpg

We have been enjoying the posts about the ship and the Caribbean, but I think it is some of those parts of the cruise, like Antarctica, that all of us are anticipating the most in your reports.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Ialso think they were at Universal.  At a theatre where the Hard Rock is at now at City Walk.

14 hours ago, doghog said:

Yes we are. It's the only way to live a long life. But we don't have to grow up. 😁 🍷

LOL....you know your bro never will.  😄 😄  

Happy Bucky in our little corner table in the MDR...with...a favorite Stella in hand.  🍺

20231222_154548.jpg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, orville99 said:

I knew that...but do have an Adventure magnet...somewhere....ummm...now where did I put that?  And what was I looking for...and ...ummm...what were we talking about??!!  😉 😊

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We have been enjoying the posts about the ship and the Caribbean, but I think it is some of those parts of the cruise, like Antarctica, that all of us are anticipating the most in your reports.

Me too.   We are now officially heading to ports that we have never been to before.  The past two weeks has pretty much been a "been there done that too many times" ....but we still had fun (as usual) anyway.  😉  

And indeed...now it gets interesting!  Pulling up to Devil's Island right now (tender port).  But the rain is all around us.  They did give us a couple of cute Panchos as gifts last night...but we brought our own rain gear.  Looks like we may need it today.  

20231222_173434.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8

On 12/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, island lady said:

Forgot to mention we attended a great show last night, very talented young violinist that joined the ship in Barbados, David Klinkenberg.   He received several standing ovations.  One of the cutest things was when he invited young 13? year old boy up to play piano, while he accompanied him on the violin...also standing ovation.  They were great!  The young man had stood next to me along the railing a few nights ago when we watched the Arubian dancers on the pool deck.  Very polite and quiet.  He is such a gifted young pianist!  

No pictures, I find bright screens on I pads and phone cameras during a show disruptive.  Had two pax in front of me doing that, too bright of a glare...annoying.  Then worse than that, young couple towards the end of the show down in front, started letting their rowdy and loud 3 young children run wild along the stage front floor, and even climbing the stage stairs and hand rail.  Parents did nothing to control them.  Could hear them above the violinist and the orchestra. 

Real shame.  Please parents...control your children...and actually BE a parent.  OK...off my soap box now.  😕

Yes, the kids running amok was shocking. Violinist seemed to take it in stride

• Like 2

Indeed...hello Devil's Island, goodbye Devil's Island.  😞  Just got back from breakfast, and downloaded my pictures.  Rocking and rolling with the swells.  Not safe to tender, and very shallow there.  Kicking up a lot of sand and silt as we turned around, even on the Atlantic side of the 3 little islands, where we would have tendered.  

Took these from my balcony as we were approaching.  The middle island is Devil's Island.  Total of 3 small islands together.  Couple of Navy boats off to the side in water too shallow for us to approach. 

So it is indeed another sea day.  Now we have 3 days in a row.  Relaxing holiday it is then.  😉 

20231223_051344.jpg

20231223_051500.jpg

20231223_052702.jpg

20231223_052711.jpg

20231223_052738.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.   We are now officially heading to ports that we have never been to before.  The past two weeks has pretty much been a "been there done that too many times" ....but we still had fun (as usual) anyway.  😉  

And indeed...now it gets interesting!  Pulling up to Devil's Island right now (tender port).  But the rain is all around us.  They did give us a couple of cute Panchos as gifts last night...but we brought our own rain gear.  Looks like we may need it today.  

20231222_173434.jpg

I got the poncho. John got a jacket. Our FB group chat is lit up wanting to trade sizes🤣20231222_155000.thumb.jpg.101eebe5cf9df4bfcdbaebfe525bf56f.jpg

20231222_160149.thumb.jpg.2cf3d49fa68c6b02330e05ba2a90454d.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CSHS1979 said:

I got the poncho. John got a jacket. Our FB group chat is lit up wanting to trade sizes🤣20231222_155000.thumb.jpg.101eebe5cf9df4bfcdbaebfe525bf56f.jpg

20231222_160149.thumb.jpg.2cf3d49fa68c6b02330e05ba2a90454d.jpg

LOL...The Ponchos are "one size fits all"....and you would drown in it you little girl you!!  😬😉 

Happily LLBean provided us with our nice rain jackets we took along for the ride.  ☺️

• Like 1

Show last night was hilarious.  Great comedian doing a southern style "red neck/hillbilly" type skit.  Definitely clicked with we older ladies.  😄  

Though if you were to look closely at her, she is way younger and much skinnier than she presents.  Definitely added padding and a scarf around her head to cover nice hair.  😉 

20231222_164026.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Show last night was hilarious.  Great comedian doing a southern style "red neck/hillbilly" type skit.  Definitely clicked with we older ladies.  😄  

Though if you were to look closely at her, she is way younger and much skinnier than she presents.  Definitely added padding and a scarf around her head to cover nice hair.  😉 

20231222_164026.jpg

I've seen her on YT.  

• Like 1