Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

35 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

While I’ve never stood on an iceberg , back in the 70s I did a trip from the East Coast (NY) to the West Coast (Oregon to California) and I have a photo somewhere of me laying on a glacier in Oregon. We did the 3 week trip in August and I had no idea how cold it would be in Wyoming and Oregon. It was snowing in Yellowstone and as we drove I had to change from my summer crop top to winter clothes. 

Before we became brittle boned seniors...we used to do a lot of snow skiing.  On one trip to Whistler/Blackscomb north of Vancouver... we rode the lift with a guide that volunteered his time (to get free lift tickets 😉 ).  He asked if we wanted to follow him down the twin mountains.  We happily agreed!  At one point he stopped and had us look down, while he scraped the snow away to reveal bright baby blue color.  Told us we were skiing down a glacier.  How cool!!....errr...literally!  😄 

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Wish they'd show wind speed(Brilliance OTS use to) and more info like maybe Waves, etc.

The TV system on this ship is quite antiquated.   Not interactive, and very limited info.  Oh well, it is.... what it is.  There is always Google.  😉 

• Like 1

Can I join and say thank you for the fantastic photos.  

We booked Serenade Istanbul to Venice a few days ago, cancelling our cruise in June that we had booked on the Disney Dream for twice the length and an extra 8 ports!   I was searching for info., knowing it was part of the World Cruise and found these incredible photos.  I also looked at TikTok, something my 19 yr old follows, having seen comments on here and don’t know if I’m impressed or horrified! 😂. Forewarned is forearmed I suppose.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Wish they'd show wind speed(Brilliance OTS use to) and more info like maybe Waves, etc.

Radiance has the screens by the elevators you are talking about with wind speed.

20230920_065226.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, orville99 said:

Have not been back to the Finger Lakes in almost 30 years, but fondly (even if a bit fuzzily) remember the Naples Grape Festival every September. Is Bully Hill winery still there?

Bully hill is still there bigger than ever and with the same great labels with the donkey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Being very chilly outside, we are not doing our usual...sitting outside of the WJ on the aft.  Unless I  want to wear my polar gear and deal with gloves on my hands...we have been sitting inside the WJ for lunch.  We of course are not alone in this, which puts more diners inside for lunch.  We pick up our food, sit, eat, and leave......making sure our table is as clean as possible before we do so.  

What bothers me are the pax that are camping out at the dining tables inside the WJ...not eating...but playing cards, playing games, on their laptops/devices...etc..  IIMHO...It's OK when not busy, but during noon lunch time...it makes it tough for diners to find an empty table.  There is a nice area set aside for cards, game playing, etc. in the annex right next door.  Through that glass door of the annex, I noticed less than half the tables in there occupied.  So now we have frustrated pax walking around trying to find a table to eat at.  Shame. 

Please people, be considerate during lunch time...and take your games elsewhere.  OK...off my soap box now.  

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, clochette said:

Bully hill is still there bigger than ever and with the same great labels with the donkey.

Loved our visit to Bully Hill...and picked up some good wine as well for our continued journey.  😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

What bothers me are the pax that are camping out at the dining tables inside the WJ...not eating...but playing cards, playing games, on their laptops/devices...etc

Some things never change. It seems that there is a contingent of inconsiderate idiots that are on every cruise.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Some things never change. It seems that there is a contingent of inconsiderate idiots that are on every cruise.

And sometimes is the reason I spend a lot of time in my cabin reading.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

There is a nice area set aside for cards, game playing, etc. in the annex right next door.  Through that glass door of the annex, I noticed less than half the tables in there occupied.  So now we have frustrated pax walking around trying to find a table to eat at.  Shame. 

Please people, be considerate during lunch time...and take your games elsewhere.  OK...off my soap box now.  

I'm not sure but is that annex area you are talking about actually heated or is that just like sitting outside without the wind? Are the ping pong tables out there too?

image.thumb.png.60902c6e016751c935defe9f2963a8fd.png

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not sure but is that annex area you are talking about actually heated or is that just like sitting outside without the wind? Are the ping pong tables out there too?

image.thumb.png.60902c6e016751c935defe9f2963a8fd.png

If I remember correctly, it is the enclosed area on the other side of the WJ.

IMG_0332.jpeg

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

Just now, orville99 said:

Thanks. Apparently they never fixed that either, which probably means the pool isn’t heated much if at all.

If I remember correctly, it is the area on the other side of the WJ.

IMG_0332.jpeg

Always been people eating breakfast/lunch and dinner in that area just like the rest of the Windjammer area. No difference in there then rest of Windjammer/ where people camp out.

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

@orville99....as requested....I visited the Solarium.  Was it the hot tub you asked about?  I stuck my hand in it...to find it barely above warm bath water.  Not cold...but certainly not "hot" in the tub.  

Thanks. Apparently they never fixed that one either. Probably means the pool is not heated much if at all.

Just now, Jimbo said:

Always been people eating breakfast/lunch and dinner in that area just like the rest of the Windjammer area. No difference in there then rest of Windjammer/ where people camp out.

Their plans were to convert that area to a card room specifically for the WC.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Their plans were to convert that area to a card room specifically for the WC.

Did they do that? any pictures of the converted room now anywhere? like to see what they did?

Edited by Jimbo

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

Being very chilly outside, we are not doing our usual...sitting outside of the WJ on the aft.  Unless I  want to wear my polar gear and deal with gloves on my hands...we have been sitting inside the WJ for lunch.  We of course are not alone in this, which puts more diners inside for lunch.  We pick up our food, sit, eat, and leave......making sure our table is as clean as possible before we do so.  

What bothers me are the pax that are camping out at the dining tables inside the WJ...not eating...but playing cards, playing games, on their laptops/devices...etc..  IIMHO...It's OK when not busy, but during noon lunch time...it makes it tough for diners to find an empty table.  There is a nice area set aside for cards, game playing, etc. in the annex right next door.  Through that glass door of the annex, I noticed less than half the tables in there occupied.  So now we have frustrated pax walking around trying to find a table to eat at.  Shame. 

On our recent Navigator NYE cruise there were periodic announcements in the WJ asking people to vacate their table so others could eat.....which I thought was a polite way to say get up and leave when you're finished. On the Anthem TA game/card players took up residence at the tables in Vintages during the day making it difficult to find a seat if you wanted a glass of wine and/or Tapas from Giovanni's Kitchen. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Before we became brittle boned seniors...we used to do a lot of snow skiing.  On one trip to Whistler/Blackscomb north of Vancouver... we rode the lift with a guide that volunteered his time (to get free lift tickets 😉 ).  He asked if we wanted to follow him down the twin mountains.  We happily agreed!  At one point he stopped and had us look down, while he scraped the snow away to reveal bright baby blue color.  Told us we were skiing down a glacier.  How cool!!....errr...literally!  😄 

Yeah, I skied down the glacier at Whistler/Blackcomb in June (199x).  Skiing in a t-shirt.  🙂  But forgot sunscreen.  😞 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Radiance has the screens by the elevators you are talking about with wind speed.

20230920_065226.jpg

Thanks, was on her last Fall must not seen it, doing B2B on her this yr also so good to know

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

IMG_0332.jpeg

Yup, that's it.  Very enclosed.  They have locked that double glass door from the WJ eating area to that annex with a sign stating to enter from the other side. It's well listed as set up for an enclosed game/card room.  You have to enter near the small art gallery and the restrooms.  Not an eating area at all.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

IMG_0332.jpeg

Yes, but at times have seen it used for different things on some Cruises, Private gatherings, etc

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. Apparently they never fixed that one either. Probably means the pool is not heated much if at all.

I was going to check the temp in the pool...but the water was sloshing around too much at the steps...and didn't want to get my shoes wet.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

What bothers me are the pax that are camping out at the dining tables inside the WJ...not eating...but playing cards, playing games, on their laptops/devices...etc..  IIMHO...It's OK when not busy, but during noon lunch time...it makes it tough for diners to find an empty table.  There is a nice area set aside for cards, game playing, etc. in the annex right next door.    

I have always felt the various ships should state that pax can only use tables in food venues during lunch hours for eating. [could limit this to 11:30-1:30pm] On one of our cruises the ship had a small section of the MDR set up with tablecloths and pax could go there to play cards, etc.  JMHO

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2