Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Most of the World cruisers I have talked to over the past few days have said they are ready for the cruise to end.  Some have said 9 months was too long and said they would consider doing another one but only if it was shorter.

Sherri🙂

I suspect that is how I would feel too. Nine months is a long time to put everything else in life on hold.

• Like 7

I have enjoyed living it vicariously through Mike & Nancy and Theresa & Zarko on their respective Youtube channels, and will continue to do so for a few months yet.

I don’t know whether they are contributors to these forums, but I love the positivity they exude and the effort they put in to their respective productions.

Regular “Tea time” viewing in our house! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Rough night last evening. Had to cancel a lot and slow down. Looks like we are behind schedule.

John lost several beers as his room got tossed around

Sounds like the storm Ernesto may be impacting your seas ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Most of the World cruisers I have talked to over the past few days have said they are ready for the cruise to end.  Some have said 9 months was too long and said they would consider doing another one but only if it was shorter.

Sherri🙂

I would assume/expect that to be a question Royal will be asking the full cruisers when it ends. When we were onboard in June and a July we asked the same and that was the trend we found too. I couldn’t do it, as much as I love cruising…..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

… Nine months is a long time to put everything else in life on hold.

I did that twice and have no regrets. Two awesome sons were my reward. 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

There was another volcanic eruption about an hour or two ago in Iceland, near the Blue Lagoon.  The ship is there in Iceland.  The ship tours to that area were cancelled because of the volcanic activity, out of an abundance of caution, but some from the cruise were on independent tours. A blogger I follow on FB said they believe everyone from the ship may be okay, but evacuations are ongoing. 😕 

Hope all of you are okay. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a lovely afternoon at the Blue Lagoon yesterday, very relaxing.  Got back to the ship about 430 pm.  The eruption occurred later in the evening.  Blue Lagoon officials announced all guests had been safely evacuated.

Sherri🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

All fine, we stayed in town and we're on the ship when it happened 

Thank you for responding and that you are all safe, Laura!  Graham was hoping to hear from me that you and John and everyone on board are all good!  Thank God!❤️

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We had a lovely afternoon at the Blue Lagoon yesterday, very relaxing.  Got back to the ship about 430 pm.  The eruption occurred later in the evening.  Blue Lagoon officials announced all guests had been safely evacuated.

Sherri🙂

Thank you, Sherri!  So happy that you had a wonderful experience at Blue Lagoon and were safely back on board.  A lot of us were quite worried.  Thank you for getting back to us!🥰

• Like 5

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I haven’t heard otherwise Maryann.  Here is a photo from my balcony last night. That is the reflection in the clouds.IMG_9154.thumb.jpeg.0db2fa464629c0a666b29546f004f40b.jpeg

Thank you, Pat.  So good to hear that everyone is safe.  That's quite a picture!! Mother Nature at her best!

• Like 2

Out of the three stops we hit on our roundtrip in 2022, I found Qaqortoq to be my favorite of the 3.  For us, we didn't feel very welcomed in Nuuk as opposed to the friendliness we found in Qaqortoq.  We also stopped in Nanotorlik, which I liked, but for different reasons.  Nanotorlik felt like something out of HP Lovecraft.  Very quiet, but a little foreboding.  Definitely  had an Innsmouth feel to it.

4 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Out of the three stops we hit on our roundtrip in 2022, I found Qaqortoq to be my favorite of the 3.  For us, we didn't feel very welcomed in Nuuk as opposed to the friendliness we found in Qaqortoq.  We also stopped in Nanotorlik, which I liked, but for different reasons.  Nanotorlik felt like something out of HP Lovecraft.  Very quiet, but a little foreboding.  Definitely  had an Innsmouth feel to it.

2022??

Maybe you should read this thread.  😄

• Haha 1