Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Adjusted itinerary 

20240827_124900.thumb.jpg.ee3c494b4773828a618358217a092826.jpg

sorry to hear you won't get to Nuuk.   this happens a lot in Greenland which is why I have canceled some trips there.  

BTW I the day your ship in port in Cape LIberty the day US coast guard comes to inspect

34 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

sorry to hear you won't get to Nuuk.   this happens a lot in Greenland which is why I have canceled some trips there.  

BTW I the day your ship in port in Cape LIberty the day US coast guard comes to inspect

We're going to Manhattan for an overnight in Big Apple 🍎 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

We're going to Manhattan for an overnight in Big Apple 🍎 

At least you aren't going to Bayonne or are you? I'm confused. An overnight in NYC should be fun.

• Like 1

RCI should have made Manhattan the home port instead of Bayonne. But then, just like Crown Bay on St. Thomas, customer convenience doesn't typically seem to be high on RCI's priority list.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI should have made Manhattan the home port instead of Bayonne. But then, just like Crown Bay on St. Thomas, customer convenience doesn't typically seem to be high on RCI's priority list.

Not sure Manhattan could handle something like Oasis every week

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Umm ... the Aug 2025 Brilliance TA ends in Boston.

I know… I realized that after I posted….its this years Odyssey TA that’s going there……I had to run out to an appointment and didn’t get to correct it…see what happens when I have too many cruises booked 🤪

Are you on the Brilliance TA next year too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Way better than Bayonne…… our Brilliance Arctic TA next year ends there.

Last year (@Another_Critic I got it right this time!!), because of Hurricane Lee, we left Bayonne and overnighted in Manhattan.  It was absolutely awesome.  Manhattan is a great port of call, obviously way better than Bayonne, however, as a departing/home port, its very expensive.  I looked at doing some cruises out of the Manhattan port and the costs associated with it is significantly more expensive.  Parking is 45/day vs. 30/day at Bayonne.  That's a 50% difference.  The difference in drive time for me?  10 minutes (From Maryland).  Plus, there's the tolls to get over the bridge, which is made more significant i hear with the commuter tax they added to it recently.  Also, any car service or uber costs significantly more to cross into NYC or the increased prices of hotels in the city (after paying the toll to get there).

In my opinion, Bayonne is a better choice as a home port.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I know… I realized that after I posted….its this years Odyssey TA that’s going there……I had to run out to an appointment and didn’t get to correct it…see what happens when I have too many cruises booked 🤪

Are you on the Brilliance TA next year too?

Not on Brilliance, but will be on this year's Odyssey TA.  Doing Radiance repo and PC next fall.

6 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Last year (@Another_Critic I got it right this time!!), because of Hurricane Lee, we left Bayonne and overnighted in Manhattan. 

You were "kicked out" of Bayonne so Liberty could return a day early (actually returned at 11-11:30 PM Thursday).  They did a free excursion to the mall on Friday.  😄  I stayed on the empty ship.  🙂

8 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Last year (@Another_Critic I got it right this time!!), because of Hurricane Lee, we left Bayonne and overnighted in Manhattan.  It was absolutely awesome.  Manhattan is a great port of call, obviously way better than Bayonne, however, as a departing/home port, its very expensive.  I looked at doing some cruises out of the Manhattan port and the costs associated with it is significantly more expensive.  Parking is 45/day vs. 30/day at Bayonne.  That's a 50% difference.  The difference in drive time for me?  10 minutes (From Maryland).  Plus, there's the tolls to get over the bridge, which is made more significant i hear with the commuter tax they added to it recently.  Also, any car service or uber costs significantly more to cross into NYC or the increased prices of hotels in the city (after paying the toll to get there).

In my opinion, Bayonne is a better choice as a home port.

I was also on the Greenland cruise last September, that got over nighted in Manhattan because of Hurricane Lee.  I didn't get off the ship.  I live in NJ, so going to Manhattan was not enticing for me as I can do that any day. 

In fact, Celebrity & RC cruises from Bayonne/Cape Liberty is what keeps me being loyal as they say.  Living in NJ, it's so easy to get to Bayonne, unlike getting into NYC which is a hassle and costs so much more not to mention more stress.  I'm thankful that RC and X stay at Cape Liberty!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, ecslady said:

I was also on the Greenland cruise last September, that got over nighted in Manhattan because of Hurricane Lee.  I didn't get off the ship.  I live in NJ, so going to Manhattan was not enticing for me as I can do that any day. 

In fact, Celebrity & RC cruises from Bayonne/Cape Liberty is what keeps me being loyal as they say.  Living in NJ, it's so easy to get to Bayonne, unlike getting into NYC which is a hassle and costs so much more not to mention more stress.  I'm thankful that RC and X stay at Cape Liberty!

When I was in NJ for a while it seemed to me that getting in and out of Manhattan on NJ transit trains was a piece of cake. I did it frequently.