Insignia

PSahoy

38 minutes ago, PSahoy said:

Anyone been on it lately? Sailing in March and can’t find any recent comments about her: ship shape? Dining? CD and crew? Thank you.

We were on Insignia for the final leg of the most recent ATW (SFO-NYC) this past July/August 2023.

Ship still looking good from its relatively recent NEXT overhaul. Food great as usual. Crew great.

You’ll probably have a different GM and CD.

That said, I’ve got my small cadre of favorite officers and am always a bit disappointed if I don’t see at least a couple of them at embarkation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just off Insignia on November 25th.  Was on a 15 night Boston to Bridgetown cruise.  Loved the ship and the food and service was top notch. Most days we would go to breakfast at the dining room, and our cabin would be made up by the time we finished eating. This impressed us as we usually cruise NCL. We found the service really good in the buffet. Someone would come over if your wine glass was running low, and as soon as you finished with a plate or other dish, it was whisked away immediately. Was really impressed with that. The dinner service at the Grand Dining Room was much more leisurely, but still quite good.

The ship is in very good shape, given it's over 20 years old. The A/C worked well in our cabin and in all public areas. Had to get accustomed to the small shower stall. I started shutting off the water after my washcloth and I were both wet, so I could open up the doors while I soaped up. That helped me stop banging my elbows.

Our Captain was Maroje Brajcic, General Manager was Laurence Barassé, and Cruise Director was Dottie Kulasa. We felt they all did a terrific job.

Overall we were looking for the small ship experience, and really enjoyed it immensely, especially after cruising on NCL's big ships.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vince_g said:

Just off Insignia on November 25th.... Our Captain was Maroje Brajcic, General Manager was Laurence Barassé, and Cruise Director was Dottie Kulasa. We felt they all did a terrific job....

Was Dottie's husband Tom the comic on your cruise? Loved them both when we were on Sirena last November. She also led an ecumenical religious service on Sundays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Was Dottie's husband Tom the comic on your cruise? Loved them both when we were on Sirena last November. She also led an ecumenical religious service on Sundays.

The comic was Tom Drake, but we didn't see him perform.

2 minutes ago, vince_g said:

The comic was Tom Drake, but we didn't see him perform.

Too bad, he is quite funny.

I still remember a couple of his jokes (e.g., the man seeing the pharmacist about murdering his wife, for example and another one where the punchline changed as to whether the protagonist was a rabbi or a priest). He warned us in a special afternoon show that he'd be discussing some of the craft of coming up with jokes, in light of various sensibilities and political correctness. He pushed a couple to the line but then the line was hilarious. A bit like Daniel Tosh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:34 AM, vince_g said:

Cruise Director was Dottie Kulasa. We felt they all did a terrific job.

Thank you!

We had Dottie in January on Sirena. Hope she will still be on Insignia later this month. She was fab.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, MEFIowa said:

Too bad, he is quite funny.

I still remember a couple of his jokes (e.g., the man seeing the pharmacist about murdering his wife, for example and another one where the punchline changed as to whether the protagonist was a rabbi or a priest). He warned us in a special afternoon show that he'd be discussing some of the craft of coming up with jokes, in light of various sensibilities and political correctness. He pushed a couple to the line but then the line was hilarious. A bit like Daniel Tosh.

If you like Tom Drake check out his daily cruise and travel news podcast. Easy to find on any common podcast platform.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

Thank you!

We had Dottie in January on Sirena. Hope she will still be on Insignia later this month. She was fab.

Dottie will be on Insignia until February. She leaves the ship for vacation down under in February. Ray Carr will be cruise director after she leaves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2