Recent Dress on Formal Nights

LoveBora

For those of you who have been sailing recently, are the gentlemen adhering to the tux or dark suit requirement, or has there also been a mix of sport coats and dress slacks? Anyone being denied entry in the dining room or other public rooms? Thanks for your input. 

We debarked Serenity on December 2, after 19 days, which included two Formal nights…few tuxedos…more dark suits…many blazers with slacks…with and without ties. Keep in mind we were in the Caribbean … I suspect the formal nights on the Holiday cruise will see more suits.

• Like 2

We were on Serenity in November and my husband wore his tux for formal evenings, although  he was in the minority. It was in the Caribbean and only 11 nights so I imagine that influenced the dress as well.

7 hours ago, hotrod610 said:

Do you see many in military dress uniforms

Remembering a lecturer, a retired US 4 star general, no uniform but his cuff links had 4 diamonds indicating his rank. I wouldn't have noticed except we were sitting next to each other on  bar stools in the Cove.

Patty

I have seen a few guests in military formal attire but it's been many years.

When it comes to formality my experience is that it ranges by voyages. You will see more formality on a World Cruise because many people are on board a longer time so many men take tuxedos whereas on a voyage of one formal that is less likely.  Where you sail is a factor too as is time of year.

Keith

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ibis said:

We were on Serenity in November and my husband wore his tux for formal evenings, although  he was in the minority. It was in the Caribbean and only 11 nights so I imagine that influenced the dress as well.

And he looked marvelous! As did you. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1