Sodas and the Newly Revised Drink Packages

NemoCrownie

Can anyone currently onboard a ship with the new drink package menus confirm whether Coke is still included with the Classic Pkg. or whether it is only available with the Premium Drink Pkg. now? According to the file, it appears that sodas are now only available with the Premium pkg, which makes no sense to me. If this is the case then I need to upgrade while the packages are still on sale.

A recent posting of a comparison lists soda under the Premium package not under Classic.  

So it appears that those who booked with or purchased the Classic package aren’t getting what they paid for.  Much like those who book Sky suites with a Butler as a part of the Suite booking, only to find out that the Butler was eliminated.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NemoCrownie said:

Can anyone currently onboard a ship with the new drink package menus confirm whether Coke is still included with the Classic Pkg. or whether it is only available with the Premium Drink Pkg. now? According to the file, it appears that sodas are now only available with the Premium pkg, which makes no sense to me. If this is the case then I need to upgrade while the packages are still on sale.

Coke was available on November 21 st 

Watching this ... this would be a ridiculous change. 

If they have removed soft drinks/pop from the Classic package, what's to stop someone from ordering a rum and coke and asking them to hold the rum or pour it on the side? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

"I'd like a rum and Coke, hold the rum, please."

🙄

Is this a further example of X going out of its way to alienate customers, or is it a further example of incompetence? 

I'm hoping it's the latter.

The awesome staff onboard will be the ones taking any heat generated. That's not directed at Cruisestitch, who will undoubtedly be polite and kind. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Watching this ... this would be a ridiculous change. 

If they have removed soft drinks/pop from the Classic package, what's to stop someone from ordering a rum and coke and asking them to hold the rum or pour it on the side? 

Great minds think alike, and so do ours.

• Haha 2

In the last year or two, sodas and a couple other expected classic offerings disappeared from the website but never materialized as a change on the ships.  And in my cruise planner, it still lists soda under the Classic package.  So I wouldn't worry unless you hear actual reports from people on the ship of a change.

• Non-Alcohol: Non-premium bottled water, premium coffees and teas, and soda
  • Like 1

I have just spoken to two members of the food and beverage management team on silhouette. They are aware that the word “soda” was inadvertently left off of the list of classic beverages . However, soda is definitely included in the classic package. They have requested that the package information be re-printed with sodas included for clarification. 

2C7F5067-1222-4886-8AC7-57E4BA75028A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I have just spoken to two members of the food and beverage management team on silhouette. They are aware that the word “soda” was inadvertently left off of the list of classic beverages . However, soda is definitely included in the classic package. They have requested that the package information be re-printed with sodas included for clarification. 

2C7F5067-1222-4886-8AC7-57E4BA75028A.jpeg

Thank you so much for your sleuthing! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Is this a further example of X going out of its way to alienate customers, or is it a further example of incompetence? 

Unreal.  The amount of sloppiness at Celebrity is no way to run a business.  There is no quality control. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

🙄

The awesome staff onboard will be the ones taking any heat generated. That's not directed at Cruisestitch, who will undoubtedly be polite and kind. 

Hanlon's Razor: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

🙄

The correct way to order it is "Virgin Rum and Coke" or "Rum and Coke, Virgin".

Also with that said -- I personally don't drink Soda, and haven't even had a sip of it in probably 15 years. I don't even remember what Coke tastes like. But ... it's so cheap, the idea of them nickle-and-diming for Soda and not even including it in the Classic beverage package seems really tacky. IMHO, it should just be part of the base beverages without even the classic package, but, what do I know.

Edited by someguyfl
  • Like 1

I can't imagine Coke products not being on the classic, regardless of that PDF says.  I guess I'll find out in Jan.  I do enjoy a nice Captain and Diet every now and then.  

Now that I think about it, I suppose I won't find out, as I already have the Premium Package...

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

A recent posting of a comparison lists soda under the Premium package not under Classic.  

So it appears that those who booked with or purchased the Classic package aren’t getting what they paid for.  Much like those who book Sky suites with a Butler as a part of the Suite booking, only to find out that the Butler was eliminated.

Time to cue the Celebrity apologists...

"Celebrity can change what they want they want YoU AgrEeD tO it!1!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I can't imagine Coke products not being on the classic, regardless of that PDF says.  I guess I'll find out in Jan.  I do enjoy a nice Captain and Diet every now and then.  

Now that I think about it, I suppose I won't find out, as I already have the Premium Package...

Read post #12 , a lot of good information there 😁