AMEX Royal Caribbean points offer

barbeyg

I didn't get the offer on our AMEX cards but maybe some of you did.  Spend $1500 with RCI, get 25,000 AMEX points.  I believe it expires 12/31/2023, but you have to grab it if you want it, since only so many people get the offer.  Should be able to use it to pay on a booking, make purchases, etc. if you received the offer.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I didn't get the offer on our AMEX cards but maybe some of you did.  Spend $1500 with RCI, get 25,000 AMEX points.  I believe it expires 12/31/2023, but you have to grab it if you want it, since only so many people get the offer.  Should be able to use it to pay on a booking, make purchases, etc. if you received the offer.

These are just a myth. Never seen one on two separate accounts...

Just checked my Platinum and Hilton cards once more and there is no sign of RCI.

Edited by iscruisingdunzo

32 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Just checked my Platinum and Hilton cards once more and there is no sign of RCI.

I had Spend $1,000 or more, get 20,000 Membership Rewards® points on one card (Amex EveryDay) earlier this year and just activated the Spend $1,500 or more, get 25,000 Membership Rewards® points on a different Amex EveryDay card today. 

Also had Spend $500 or more, get $125 back offers on two cards last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Not a myth its a fact for some people . I have received the offer actually twice on 2 seperate cards. Not everyone gets the offer. 

• Thanks 2

These are just a myth

Absolutely incorrect.  We have utilized the offer twice, we have 3 AMEX cards use them for everything we buy including groceries and have flown free on Delta for years with AMEX points.  I suspect you do not use your cards enough to receive the offer, just a guess though.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 2

😂🤣 We have gotten offers for RCI, NCL, Celebrity and others on two cards more than once. We are users on several of each others cards, and both users have received the points offers, and gotten the points.

Believe what you will, it does happen.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Agree, not a myth.  I've used it twice in the past 18 months or so.  Perhaps their algorithms know I will use it and now exclude me from the offers.  🙂

Never on my Delta AMEX.  But twice on my Blue account.

Edit to add only one was the 25,000 bonus points offer.  One coming out of Covid was something like spend $1500, get $500 back.  I may be off on the exact numbers.  But that one was a great deal.

Edited by dwp10mm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dwp10mm said:

Agree, not a myth.  I've used it twice in the past 18 months or so.  Perhaps their algorithms know I will use it and now exclude me from the offers.  🙂

Never on my Delta AMEX.  But twice on my Blue account.

I have received $2,360 total on my card over the years, but no new Royal Caribbean offers since October 2021. I have used Celebrity lately and have one for Princess, probably because I haven’t used too many of those in the past. But Royal seems to have excluded me.

Just an FYI for those checking multiple cards that offers providing Membership Rewards points will only be offered on cards that earn those points (Everyday, Gold, Platinum, Blue, etc.). Co-branded (Hilton, Delta, etc) won't have them, nor will those that earn cash back (the cash versions of Blue and Everyday).

Offers that offer cash back will pop up on both the MR-earning cards and the cash back cards. I have yet to see these pop up on co-branded cards, but I don't personally have one so I won't say it's impossible. Obviously no harm in checking, but if you're like me and have quite a few cards you track these for, knowing what offers can be found where can save some time.

I also say this on every one of these threads, but for those who haven't seen me say it yet, if you don't see the RCI offer on your eligible Amex, add all the offers you do see, then refresh. They will only show you I think 50 at a time, but you may have many more available. Keep adding those you see until they show you fewer than 50. Then you'll know you've reached the bottom of the pile and have seen all that are available to you.

I sadly don't have this one so there goes my excuse to buy the drink package on my upcoming harmony sailing, but I did get to use two (one for RCI and one for HAL) earlier this year so I'll count my blessings (and keep checking). Good luck, everyone!

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up.  I just checked and added the offer (which expires on 12/31/23) to my card.  We board our RCI Odyssey of the seas cruise in 16 days and return on 12/31/23.  I will use it as my onboard payment method for our cabins.  

• Like 1

I just checked, no offers for either me or DH ☹️. I cleared out as much space on our lists twice and still no luck. I have a bunch of offers that are due to expire soon so I’ll have more space for new offers when the old ones fall off our lists.

I did have an offer from HAL, but not looking to sail with them right now.

6 hours ago, luvtoride said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I just checked and added the offer (which expires on 12/31/23) to my card.  We board our RCI Odyssey of the seas cruise in 16 days and return on 12/31/23.  I will use it as my onboard payment method for our cabins.  

Double check the fine print on the terms, I don't have this one,  but if i recall correctly others I've had in the past excluded on board spend

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SeaDome said:

I only have a $1400 balance on my 2024 cruise.  Will adding Royal travel insurance, which would nudge the balance over $1500, satisfy the ‘spend $1500 with RCI’ requirement? 

I haven't added the insurance in a long time, but as long as all of the payment reflects as a payment to  RCI itself, that should cover it.

44 minutes ago, ngrund said:

Double check the fine print on the terms, I don't have this one,  but if i recall correctly others I've had in the past excluded on board spend

I agree.  Always read the fine print.  Sometimes onboard spend is covered, sometimes not.  I didn't get the offer at this point, so I can't check. 

11 hours ago, SeaDome said:

I only have a $1400 balance on my 2024 cruise.  Will adding Royal travel insurance, which would nudge the balance over $1500, satisfy the ‘spend $1500 with RCI’ requirement? 

Yes, I have used cruise planner purchases to top up to the required amount to get the deal.  Sadly, I have gotten the deal three times in the past but nothing the last two times this has shown up for other people.

10 hours ago, luvtoride said:

I don't think that will work.  It must be billed as Royal Caribbean.  Ship board expenses are billed as "Ship Name" (at least on Chase).

Also, are you spending $1500+ onboard?

42 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't think that will work.  It must be billed as Royal Caribbean.  Ship board expenses are billed as "Ship Name" (at least on Chase).

Also, are you spending $1500+ onboard?

All, thanks for the warning.  Yes The T& C (fine print) does exclude onboard charges to the cabins.  Out travel Agent suggested if we book and make a larger than required deposit on a next cruise while on this one, that could qualify for the Amex points.  

@Another_CriticLOL, I will have our kids and grandkids with us.  10 of us in 3 cabins.   I’m sure my onboard charges will easily exceed $1,500!  lol 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 12/15/2023 at 10:03 AM, blackjackz said:

FYI, canceled our deluxe beverage packages for our group of 4, and rebought them using this offer.   The charge hit my account on Dec 7 and the 25,000 points were in my account by Dec 11.

We added this offer to DW's card and made the $1500 payment on 12/12 but haven't seen the bonus points yet. The fine print does state the points will be awarded within 90 days after 12/31 but I've never seen one of these offers from Amex (either account credit or bonus points) take more than a week.