Sailaway time - 8:30 for San Juan departures?

tbmrt

I read that sailaway time is 8:30 for San Juan departures.  Suggestions on how to book our dinner reservations based since we do want to attend the sailaway party appreciateed.  9:15 or so is late for us to eat.  Should we book 6 or so and go to sailaway at 8:30?  

Have you checked the line up in the app to see what time the party actually is? I would expect the Let’s Set Sail party will still be 5.30-7pm (with free wine 5.45-6.15 and the cast introduced and toast about 6pm) as it is on other ships, but the ship just isn’t moving yet. Quite often from other ports the ship doesn’t move until around 7pm when the party is already over.

So I would find the party time and decide if you want to attend then separately work out what time the ship will leave port and whether you want to be on deck for that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Have you checked the line up in the app to see what time the party actually is? I would expect the Let’s Set Sail party will still be 5.30-7pm (with free wine 5.45-6.15 and the cast introduced and toast about 6pm) as it is on other ships, but the ship just isn’t moving yet. Quite often from other ports the ship doesn’t move until around 7pm when the party is already over.

So I would find the party time and decide if you want to attend then separately work out what time the ship will leave port and whether you want to be on deck for that. 

Don't have the lineup yet, but will do as you suggested when available.  Thanks so much for this info!

Edited by tbmrt
changed words

Booking dining time today for some Rockstars sailing in February. There aren’t ANY available reservation times on embarkation day before 8:30 I don’t know if you’ll be able to walk up and get in, at say, 6:30pm or not. I was planning on having early reservations for everyone. Now I’m not sure what to do. 

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Booking dining time today for some Rockstars sailing in February. There aren’t ANY available reservation times on embarkation day before 8:30 I don’t know if you’ll be able to walk up and get in, at say, 6:30pm or not. I was planning on having early reservations for everyone. Now I’m not sure what to do. 

Interesting....Wonder how this will be handled.  I can't imagine everyone being booked for dinner after 8:30.  Pls advise if you find anything out about this.  Tx

• Like 1

That's exactly what my First Mate found today for us, but it's still more than I could do on my own given the app wasn't taking any reservations at all!

I figure we'll just ask for it to be changed once we get to check-in, assuming the app doesn't start working between now and then. We got early reservations for every other day but embarkation.

• Like 1