does Celebrity match Royal Carribean crown and anchor status

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Along that line, as you indicate, Celebrity is reportedly going to establish a lounge (as was pre-pandemic) that will be specific to Elite and higher members for this purpose.  Information I have heard indicates that it is an effort to be somewhat comparable to Royal with their now renamed Diamond Club as the "Crown Lounge".  This may become something similar?

We would be all in favor of Celebrity having a dedicated lounge like the CL. I have voiced my opinion about that to a few CC concierges while onboard different ships and also by Emailing the Celebrity executive office.  We still enjoy the CL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

No there wasn't a dedicated lounge - but the HH was always (in our experience) in the sky observation lounge.  And during the 5 - 7 cocktail hours it was open only to Elite and higher members, which in that manner had it dedicated just to them at those times. 

I really don't want to debate this as I would like this thread to remain intact.  I was just responding to a comment made by @doghog.  But it's information that first appeared here: 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/09/27/royal-caribbean-and-celebrity-considering-merging-loyalty-programs-the-future 

So you have no information only speculation. I listened to the webinar and the answer to the question was vague enough for wishful thinking by that blog and some speculation by some cruise critic members to run with. I didn’t hear anything to indicate there would be dedicated lounges or merging of the programs. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

So you have no information only speculation. I listened to the webinar and the answer to the question was vague enough for wishful thinking by that blog and some speculation by some cruise critic members to run with. I didn’t hear anything to indicate there would be dedicated lounges or merging of the programs. 

Just was passing on the blog that was one source of the information.  It's just a topic of discussion - no factual conclusions either way.  No further response is necessary and none further will come from me.  Enjoy your day.

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2023 at 10:49 AM, hallasm said:

Yes - Crown & Anchor to Captain’s Club

Points are only earned on the cruise line being sailed.

IMG_6277.jpeg

So if you are still Gold on RC and start sailing X, will there be an opportunity in the future to get your RC Platinum matched to Select on X?  I'm going to guess that it is a no.

Thinking about X for the summer and like 9 points away from Platinum on RC.

I’m going on an X cruise in June which will be my first in many years. I will be Elite by virtue of my Royal status but quite honestly don’t see any benefits to this. The group I am going with includes a classic beverage and WiFi, taking early dinner so anything that takes place at 5:00 would not work. Have never used the laundry service and, frankly, wouldn’t trust having my clothes boiled. I really see no benefit in being Elite. Am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, gerif said:

I’m going on an X cruise in June which will be my first in many years. I will be Elite by virtue of my Royal status but quite honestly don’t see any benefits to this. The group I am going with includes a classic beverage and WiFi, taking early dinner so anything that takes place at 5:00 would not work. Have never used the laundry service and, frankly, wouldn’t trust having my clothes boiled. I really see no benefit in being Elite. Am I missing something?

If there is a tender port you will get tender priority boarding. A few small discounts so there is some benefit to you being Elite but it is marginal. 

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If there is a tender port you will get tender priority boarding. A few small discounts so there is some benefit to you being Elite but it is marginal. 

Nope, going to Bermuda. Even without a drink package, with early dining and the fact that one can only get drinks in a bar from 5-7 and not in the restaurant like with Royal, I’m still not seeing any perks with being Elite. 

1 hour ago, sofa.king said:

So if you are still Gold on RC and start sailing X, will there be an opportunity in the future to get your RC Platinum matched to Select on X?  I'm going to guess that it is a no.

Thinking about X for the summer and like 9 points away from Platinum on RC.

Assuming you are a member in each program, the reciprocal match is automatically updated as your tier changes in either program.

For example, my daughter was Platinum on RCI and matched to Select on Celebrity (she cruised once on Celebrity).  When she reached Diamond on RCI, her Celebrity tier automatically changed to Elite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Assuming you are a member in each program, the reciprocal match is automatically updated as your tier changes in either program.

For example, my daughter was Platinum on RCI and matched to Select on Celebrity (she cruised once on Celebrity).  When she reached Diamond on RCI, her Celebrity tier automatically changed to Elite.

But there is no marching higher than that (currently), so as a Pinnacle on RCI I will still be Elite on X. 

As @gerif says, the perks are not very good when compared to RCI.  The drinks benefit is useless as only in certain bars, during a very small window, when we are usually getting dressed for dinner so don't have our first drink until around 7pm.

There is a 1-category upgrade when you book which could save you about $20 🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That's interesting and a nice perk.  Thanks for sharing.

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

But there is no marching higher than that (currently), so as a Pinnacle on RCI I will still be Elite on X. 

FYI - I did say reciprocal match, not a tier for tier match.  The poster I was replying to quoted the reciprocal match chart.

7 hours ago, gerif said:

You aren't missing anything.  Royals benefits for Diamond and above are WAY better than X's Elite.

The 5-7 happy hour with Elite is very inconvenient as it's right around dinner time and you can't order drinks with Elite benefits from the MDR.

We've never used laundry either, but that's the next best benefit in our opinion.

If you have the drink package already then the vast majority of Elite status is moot.