MDR reservations?

39august

I know there are several threads here discussing whether reservations are being honored on E class ships. But, I wanted to make reservations, just in case Beyond will be honoring them by our April cruise. However, I don't see how to do this in my cruise planner.  Can someone help me out, please?

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

I know there are several threads here discussing whether reservations are being honored on E class ships. But, I wanted to make reservations, just in case Beyond will be honoring them by our April cruise. However, I don't see how to do this in my cruise planner.  Can someone help me out, please?

In your CP Click on "Plan My Cruise". Then scroll down to "Dining". Click on "View All Dining". Then scroll down to "Complimentary Dining". Pick the dining room(s) and time(s) you want if available. 

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Thanks! Could only book one night at 6 PM in any of the MDR's. I will check a few more times to see what might open up.

It is my understanding that they only take reservations for less than half of the available tables.  Those are available for walk up.  Friends recently off the Edge pre booked for 7 each evening rotating the MDRs and their reservations were honored.  We joined them a few nights and since we took the group from 3-5 we had to wait about 3-4 minutes one night with they combined tables to accommodate 5.

38 minutes ago, 39august said:

Thanks! Could only book one night at 6 PM in any of the MDR's. I will check a few more times to see what might open up.

We have the Edge booked for September and I was able to select 6:PM each night for the same MDR when I first booked the cruise on our March 2023 Apex cruise. Our experience on our March 2023 Apex cruise was once we boarded the ship and went directly to the MDR to check things out we were advised they were not taking reservations that we  made in our CP, pre cruise. But we were also told if we showed up at the same time each evening we will be accommodated. Worked out for us as wanted the same MDR, table and time each evening. No waiting in line. We'll see how it all plays out for our September Edge cruise. 

Edited by doghog

I realize that it isn’t an E Class ship but on the Eclipse last month the MDR was empty, I mean entire 10 person tables not being used. We got booked to a small table and wanted a large one. A visit to the MaitreD (sp?) got us our desired change and even then we ended up inviting people over from another table to have more folks to talk to.

23 hours ago, 39august said:

I had made reservations and it was a exercise in futility.  Not accepted.  Just show up when you want to and dine.  

On 12/9/2023 at 12:39 PM, 39august said:

Royal and Celebrity Planners don't let you put more than one "Mytime" dining reservation in the shopping cart at a time.  Try going back and selecting a different day, book that and check out, then do it again for the other days.

The reservation thing for MDR on E Class is kind of a joke really. But it doesn’t really matter.  They will get you in usually less than 5 minutes; 10 max. We tried to make reservations for 7 or 7:30 in all of them and the system would not let us. Could only get 6pm for one night with the reservation system. But as I say, it’s nothing to worry about or spend time on. It was never an issue in getting seated. And as the cruise goes on the wait, if any, gets even shorter. The only night you might have to wait a bit is the first night cause everyone is all jazzed about being onboard. We just got off the Ascent. All the main dining rooms were GREAT.