Entertainers and Enrichment

Keith1010

Great news:
Entertainers/Enrichment is being added to the Crystal website.
If you go to the top and put your curser over our ships one of the sections that shows is entertainment. Click on it and scroll down and on the left site is the ability to pull up entertainers based on various categories. If you click on the entertainer, you will see their bio. Then scroll down and you will see what voyage they are on.
Also, they are starting to list it by voyage.
This is an example: After you go to this page scroll down.

Remember, this is a work in progress. We've seen a lot of new enhancements added to the site.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is great information to have, thank you. I tried Ter777's suggestion to try and find out who would be speaking on our cruise without having to go through each bio, but could not find any reference to speakers/entertainers. Perhaps it's a work in progress?

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Remember, work in progress.

...and a reminder not to book a sailing specifically because a certain speaker/entertainer is listed (I’ll make an exception for Jim Brochu! 😍)

We were anticipating a certain speaker *twice*, and both times they were taken off the list for who-knows-what reason.

Life happens 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BEAV said:

...and a reminder not to book a sailing specifically because a certain speaker/entertainer is listed (I’ll make an exception for Jim Brochu! 😍)

We were anticipating a certain speaker *twice*, and both times they were taken off the list for who-knows-what reason.

Life happens 😉

Just like booking a cruise for a particular port.  The Falklands come to mind right away, along with Jeju Island and some other locations.  Even with a scheduled non-tender docking, weather can still prevent your arrival.

As the new Crystal CD says.....ship happens.

(truly hope that show won't be a cutesy as its title)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BEAV said:

Life happens 😉

I am sorry, but things came up.  I know you would have loved my "should you whisk in a figure eight or a circular motion" lecture.  Followed by my "fold clockwise or counter clockwise" talk.  That one is always lively!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Just like booking a cruise for a particular port.  The Falklands come to mind right away, along with Jeju Island and some other locations.  Even with a scheduled non-tender docking, weather can still prevent your arrival.

As the new Crystal CD says.....ship happens.

(truly hope that show won't be a cutesy as its title)

I’ve been on four Transatlantic sailings scheduled to call at Ponta Delgado, but have only made it once. 

14 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

I am sorry, but things came up.  I know you would have loved my "should you whisk in a figure eight or a circular motion" lecture.  Followed by my "fold clockwise or counter clockwise" talk.  That one is always lively!

…with a cigarette dangling from your mouth, right? 🤔

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BEAV said:

Life happens 😉

Thank you Keith and Beav for the shout out and kind words. I've been privileged to be a speaker on Crystal for many many years now but I always try to do something new. For this upcoming season I have prepared six new lectures about the history of Hollywood and Broadway, filled with lots of film clips and interviews with the people who were there. I really can't wait to start presenting them in January on the first leg of the world cruise. If anyone else is on that leg please be sure to come and say hello.

So happy that Crystal is back and we're all a part of it. 

Jim

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

We were in the Falklands thirty years ago on a Princess cruise. Lots of small cottages with colorful front gardens. 30,000 people and 300,000 sheep. Our crossing was smooth as glass but the previous one was a disaster. Everyone left for the excursion and couldn’t get back to the ship. They had to sleep in peoples houses on the floor until the next day. Be sure to bring your meds with you. The comedian “ they had a war, and the loser got the islands”.