When Can Excursions/Specialty Dining Be Booked?

Bill B

I've booked a cruise more than a year away (so Excursions and Specialty Dining reservations cannot yet be made on the HAL website).

I am wondering - how far in advance of the cruise will they be available to book?

I am able to book excursions for my January 2025 cruise to Hawaii.  Actually, one excursion is already sold out.  Several excursions are sold out for my August 2024 Norway cruise.  So many people with HIA causes excursions to sell out quickly.  Specialty dining is not yet available for either cruise; that occurs about 4 months before the cruise.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

I am able to book excursions for my January 2025 cruise to Hawaii.  Actually, one excursion is already sold out.  Several excursions are sold out for my August 2024 Norway cruise.  So many people with HIA causes excursions to sell out quickly.  Specialty dining is not yet available for either cruise; that occurs about 4 months before the cruise.

My cruise is also in Jan. '25 (out of Singapore) so I'll check often for shore excursions; and not expect dining reservations until next August/ September.

Thanks everyone.

19 minutes ago, travelholics said:

When you log into your cruise on the HAL website, go to itinerary and you will see the tours and dining you have booked under the date

Thanks. I tried that but all it shows is what I can book. Not what I already booked and paid for. 

Yes thank you I see the two specialty dinners now. What about reservations for the main dining room?  I don’t see any ability to book specific times. When I booked our cruise I chose dine anytime but I assumed like in Princess, I could choose specific times and make reservations for two people, yet I don’t see that anywhere. 

17 minutes ago, Sun Queen II said:

What about reservations for the main dining room?  I don’t see any ability to book specific times. When I booked our cruise I chose dine anytime but I assumed like in Princess, I could choose specific times and make reservations for two people, yet I don’t see that anywhere. 

Reservations for MDR dinner can only be booked once onboard. There are stations on Deck 2 and 9 or you can call. The reservations are limited to 50% of capacity.

2 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

Yes thank you I see the two specialty dinners now. What about reservations for the main dining room?  I don’t see any ability to book specific times. When I booked our cruise I chose dine anytime but I assumed like in Princess, I could choose specific times and make reservations for two people, yet I don’t see that anywhere. 

Anytime dining won't show on your itinerary since it doesn't have a fixed time. If you change that, then it will show.

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!