Time Frame to Book

Chacam

We are interested in a 10 day March 7, 2024 departure on Princess from Fort Lauderdale.  I am having knee replacement surgery in a few days, so not real sure if I’ll be fit enough to go in March. I think I will be ok, but to be sure, I don’t want to book until mid to late January.

I know it is based on cabin availability, but is it possible to book that close or later to departure.  Maybe mid February?

Anyone have any experience booking at the last minute?  Thanks for any advice.

Edited by Chacam

5 minutes ago, Chacam said:

We are interested in a 10 day March 7, 2024 departure on Princess from Fort Lauderdale.  I am having knee replacement surgery in a few days, so not real sure if I’ll be fit enough to go in March. I think I will be ok, but to be sure, I don’t want to book until May mid to late January.

I know it is based on cabin availability, but is it possible to book that close or later to departure.  Maybe mid February?

After my knee surgery I was off the cane in about 10 weeks. For my hip replacement about 8 weeks. I bet you will be ok but I would talk to my surgeon 

29 minutes ago, Chacam said:

We are interested in a 10 day March 7, 2024 departure on Princess from Fort Lauderdale.  I am having knee replacement surgery in a few days, so not real sure if I’ll be fit enough to go in March. I think I will be ok, but to be sure, I don’t want to book until May mid to late January.

If your interested in a cruise in March 2024, and you don't want to book until May (I don’t want to book until May), guess what or am I reading your message wrong.  All  the best on your knee surgery.  Another thing to think about is trip and medical insurance.  If you run into problems with your knee during your cruise, the insurance company may not cover it.

Edited by DHP1

21 minutes ago, Chacam said:

We are interested in a 10 day March 7, 2024 departure on Princess from Fort Lauderdale.  I am having knee replacement surgery in a few days, so not real sure if I’ll be fit enough to go in March. I think I will be ok, but to be sure, I don’t want to book until mid to late January.

They say, 3 months you will feel like you’re glad you had the surgery.  Lol.  It really depends on you and your circumstances.  
I went at 5 mos and did well.

It was Europe though and a lot of walking.

Sounds like you’re doing the Caribbean, the Enchanted?  More relaxing trip, IMO.

I would take my chances and book closer, but March will be very busy for the Caribbean. Look now, is the ship pretty full?

I’d want to make sure I was doing well before booking a cruise. JMO 

Best of luck!

Just a heads up about sailing in March and especially if you plan to stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale.  It is spring break and hotels will be expensive.  Cruises also sail at full capacity in most cases in March so waiting to book until February may

be too late.

I (who had hip replacements 3 weeks apart and went on a 25 day cruise less than 3 months after the second surgery) wish you a speedy recovery!  And a bit of uncalled for advice:  do all the physical therapy!

• Like 1

You are currently inside the 90 day payment date for a March 7th cruise. When booked full payment will be due, and you will be inside the cancellation time if you can not go. I would wait until you know for sure that you can actually go on the cruise. At that time as long as space is available you can book it, probably up until a few days before sailing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

Just a heads up about sailing in March and especially if you plan to stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale.  It is spring break and hotels will be expensive.  Cruises also sail at full capacity in most cases in March so waiting to book until February may

be too late.

I (who had hip replacements 3 weeks apart and went on a 25 day cruise less than 3 months after the second surgery) wish you a speedy recovery!  And a bit of uncalled for advice:  do all the physical therapy!

Yes a second to doing your exercises. Do all that they tell you and then a little more. You will not get full movement back unless you do the work