Silly question about Viking Longship cabins

sboh

If I book a standard cabin (bottom level) does it make a difference if I’m on the side of the ship below the veranda cabins or the French balcony cabins? Is there any difference in the rooms at all. In other words is cabin 110 exactly the same as cabin 111? (I’m doing the Avignon to Lyon itinerary on the Buri.)

The cabins with balconies are flat to the sides of the boat, so just like the French balconies, you won't see anything overtop. Cabins would be the same, it's only the level with the French Balconies that has the corridor shifted over.

15 hours ago, sboh said:

If I book a standard cabin (bottom level) does it make a difference if I’m on the side of the ship below the veranda cabins or the French balcony cabins? Is there any difference in the rooms at all. In other words is cabin 110 exactly the same as cabin 111? (I’m doing the Avignon to Lyon itinerary on the Buri.)

We have done STD on longships 2x recently and upcoming. They are 150sf vs Fr-bal 135.  Depending on who's in cabin above there might be chair scraping noise from veranda above but less likely at sleeping hours.  BTW, my wife puts value in forward-most standard cabins for closest access to stairs. (But I'd pass on std 101 - 104 because possible noise under lobby registration/service desk)

Because we travel shoulder seasons (Mar, Nov-Dec) the inclement weather reduces the value to us of the outside higher prices. We enjoy the spacious public viewing lounges and/or topside when weather cooperates. FWIW we were surprised on Cities  of Light trip that even in nice weather the top deck was closed  last 3? days  for safety from frequent low bridge passage.

13 hours ago, newbrunswicker said:

We are just recently off Viking Idi and stayed in cabin 100, first on the right. We had no problem with noise from the reception area. It was a great location. 

Good to know - we're 102 in March under lobby shop.  Just when we're close to the bar I can't enjoy adult bevs anymore due to AFIB health issues.😉   

We have never had noise issues on a River ship.  The Viking guests are not loud and boisterous in the hallways in our experience. 

Also the River ships tend to roll up the sidewalks early as there is nothing but the lounge after dinner and that seems to empty pretty early.

Back to sboh OP question - on the lowest level, the cabins are the same on both sides.  No difference.   

Thank-you all. I’m booked in 111 on the Buri for Avignon to Lyon. I was able to save a few dollars by booking first cabin in F category right next to E category cabin. (Traveling solo and have to pay almost double so every bit helps.) Looking forward to my first river cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sboh said:

Thank-you all. I’m booked in 111 on the Buri for Avignon to Lyon. I was able to save a few dollars by booking first cabin in F category right next to E category cabin. (Traveling solo and have to pay almost double so every bit helps.) Looking forward to my first river cruise.

FYI - AMA offers 150% fare for solo - suggest compare options.  GOOD LUCK