Malaysia Digital Arrival Card

HappyHappyCruisers

Our cruise docks into Singapore and various ports in Malaysia several times. 

I know you need to fill the Singapore arrival card for each occasion you dock there, but does anyone know if you need to fill out the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card if coming off a cruise ship and also do you need to repeat it again if re-docking in another Malaysia port a few days later (after Thailand) 

We have this requirement for US nationals also.  I don't know the answer.  But we should find out on the ship and we will have wifi to get it done.  Nothing has been communicated by Celebrity.  Celebrity does require a Visa for Indonesia.  And you need the digital entry to fly into Singapore.  It would be nice if Malaysia had an app like Singapore.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

https://www.kln.gov.my/web/usa_new-york/news-from-mission/-/blogs/malaysia-digital-arrival-card-mdac-

it only talks about KLIA  and arrival gates.. but it seems pretty straightforward to fill in, so not really an onerous requirement 

The UK gov page says

Declaration form

You must fill in the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card to enter Malaysia. You should complete this before you travel as it may be requested at check-in. You do not need to complete the arrival form if you are not passing through immigration. See the Malaysian Immigration website for further information, including exemption details.

I don’t recall any immigration at Port Klang. But better to be safe than sorry! 

Edited by little britain

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 5:27 PM, HappyHappyCruisers said:

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies

I would appreciate you returning with your actual experience once you have taken your cruise as to what happened regarding the visa. Completing it within 3 days of arrival could prove to be problematic if on a cruise ship, so would welcome your comments.

3 hours ago, villauk said:

I would appreciate you returning with your actual experience once you have taken your cruise as to what happened regarding the visa. Completing it within 3 days of arrival could prove to be problematic if on a cruise ship, so would welcome your comments.

For info several cruisers are currently in the Far East and have posted about their experiences with Singapore & Malaysia requirements. The thread is on the Marella cruises thread and titled "SGAC with MYICA app query" 

Obviously it depends on Nationality and itinerary but here is a summary:

There is no requirement to fill in the Malaysia arrival card when coming off the cruise for day trip. Passports are kept by the ship office for Malaysia ports. Passengers only need cabin card when getting on/off ship. 

For Singapore, Digital arrival card needed to be filled out within 72 hours of arrival. (and process is repeated if returning to Singapore later in the cruise i.e. Fill out another arrival card). Marella provided passengers with WiFi access for the purposes of doing the arrival card or using the MyICA app. (MyICA app allows you to put your passport info into the profile for all passengers gers in advance making it quicker).

Passengers had to carry passports with them through cruise port immigration and into Singapore. Depending on Nationality, those who filled the arrival card in advance were allowed to use the automatic gates showing passport & giving thumbprint.

Obviously with higher humidity in carrying passport in Singapore it is worth pre-purchasing a suitable plastic folder, etc

• Thanks 1