Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

4 minutes ago, millybess said:

Do you mean harder to read because of empathy for the situation? 

Yes, and the atrocities.  I won’t ruin it for you, but there are some really terrible scenes.  Now I sometimes skip over them.  I wish he would write more.  But it has been some time and he hasn’t.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Found these size medium ladies unmentionables on our deck five port side balcony, they won’t fit us and we don’t have a receipt so can’t return them for a store credit😂 so if they are yours, please let us know. 

IMG_9882.jpeg

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief, Pantygate is solved and the unmentionables have been returned to our next door neighbor.  

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief, Pantygate is solved and the unmentionables have been returned to our next door neighbor.  

Lesson on following directions, “don’t hang clothes to dry on the balcony”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Especially when there are 30 knot winds!

I wonder how many she ‘lost’?!

No idea why people do use the balcony, as the line in the shower is always so efficient in cruises we've been on! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Sooo … how did the subject come up? “Good morning! Lose anything lately?” 

Edited by Twitchly
  • Haha 6

We left a note on the doors of the two cabins upwind from us.  Met her in the World Cafe yesterday, she had been unaware that “Pantygate” was an internationally known incident and found it hilarious!  We are considering dropping a pair of ours on her balcony later in the cruise.  😂

• Haha 14

18 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Yep, on our 2019 WC these are the things we did going around both capes (on purpose).  Cape Town was wonderful. Loved Madagascar.  Namibia and Dakar not so much.  N. Africa is a big draw.  Loved the Canary Islands.  I’d say there is plenty to keep you busy.  And some have been clamoring for a re-do of  our 2019 cruise for some time.  The World is your oyster and lemons to Lemonade!.  

I knew there was a previous WC that went around Africa.  

• Like 1

With the 3000 passenger Carnaval Miracle in port at Nawiliwili, Kauai, HI at the same time as us, and Carnaval docked at Pier 2, the Viking Sky was berthed at Pier 3.

image.png.d0148089f1789414953da74d0cba1f3a.png

I was having trouble identifying where to schedule an Uber to pick me up for a 3rd party excursion, but there is a gate close to Pier 3 that doesn't readily show up on Google maps.

image.thumb.jpeg.f0b4a05b39ab1b71d43fc3a8ee63ec4c.jpeg

And in case you were wondering where Walmart and Costco are relative to the port, this might help:

image.thumb.jpeg.d0f67441d0d5a62f267c744ebf0ec03d.jpeg

Per guest lecturer, Dr. Ann Caroll Burgess, Walmart is a good source to get leis in Nawiliwili and Honolulu.

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Special delivery to our room this morning IYKYK😀

7E9B220C-114D-4C37-A6C1-D2DFC10CBFC2.jpeg

Amazing!!  First appearance on a Viking ship in how many months now?

11 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Late July when we had them aboard Saturn after a request to the Restaurant Manager. 

Hmmm.....  we'll be on Saturn in a few weeks.

May have to visit the Restaurant Manager 🙂

5 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Hmmm.....  we'll be on Saturn in a few weeks.

May have to visit the Restaurant Manager 🙂

And if you do Kent & manage to snaffle some, please remember your fellow cruisers - I really want to try these.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hobson1754 said:

And if you do Kent & manage to snaffle some, please remember your fellow cruisers - I really want to try these.

I'll share onboard!  Maybe if enough of us request it, they will start making them in earnest again!  They were incredibly good, and worth that morning hike down to the Attrium bar.

• Like 2

Having been to Kauai more than a dozen times, it’s hard for me to imagine spending just a day on the Garden Isle. But I’d make the best of it — I’d rent a car, head to Waimea Canyon, then backtrack and drive to the North Shore. Busy day but feasible.

• Like 2

Just now, SJD117 said:

Having been to Kauai more than a dozen times, it’s hard for me to imagine spending just a day on the Garden Isle. But I’d make the best of it — I’d rent a car, head to Waimea Canyon, then backtrack and drive to the North Shore. Busy day but feasible.

We have now been there twice but just for port calls. I think a future longer visit is in the horizon. 

• Like 1