Now and Then - just for fun showing price diff in suites

Shiba_Lover

So weird one - I was searching my email for for my dental confirmation - and for some reason - it found an old email for my 2022 Transatlantic.  I opened it and was shocked at the price.  So, just for fun - I decided to play now and then.

Since there's been so much talk about price increases lately - I thought it would be interesting to see the difference.  Here you go for those interested.

No comments from me here - just showing the price difference in "then" and "now"

Then - in December 2020 (yes, the pandemic), I booked the 14 day transatlantic on Apex for April 2022.  I paid a whopping $5900 for a sunset sky suite.

Now - just for fun, I priced a similar transatlantic. I found a 15 day TA on Ascent for April 2025.  14K in a sunset sky suite and a 12 day TA on Apex in Oct 2024 for 13.7K

What a difference the "pandemic" "before" and "now" booking make.  

Then - 14 day TA on Apex in Sunset SS.

image.png.1416a6d635d492dd02cdb9653d979697.png

Today - mock booking 15 night TA on Ascent in Sunset SS

image.png.9d4851b5126a16380525b0969823218d.png

Tdday - mock booking 12 night TA on Apex in Sunset SS

image.thumb.png.b0855e65b81b47b10c2304642dc6f270.png

12 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I just ran the same mock booking from Canada, for 2 people it was $20k and for 1 person (I travel solo) it was $28k for the same room as your mock there 😪

ouch!  Time to look at the cruise lines that are more friendly to solo travelers.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

ouch!  Time to look at the cruise lines that are more friendly to solo travelers.  

I had started considering suites but then the prices went through the roof so now I try to look for the solo rooms because I am quite happy with those. I didn't like the idea of the NCL one but most cruise lines don't really have too much in the way of being friendly for solo travellers.

I accept paying more BUT the extra like 8k is just stupid, I don't know where the math comes from but I know if I was traveling with someone they would not be spending that kind of money on board.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I had started considering suites but then the prices went through the roof so now I try to look for the solo rooms because I am quite happy with those. I didn't like the idea of the NCL one but most cruise lines don't really have too much in the way of being friendly for solo travellers.

I accept paying more BUT the extra like 8k is just stupid, I don't know where the math comes from but I know if I was traveling with someone they would not be spending that kind of money on board.

Virgin Voyages is super solo traveler friendly.  They have single cabins, and they often schedule events for solo travelers and for other non-solo cabins, they don't do the full 200% markup.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Virgin Voyages is super solo traveler friendly.  They have single cabins, and they often schedule events for solo travelers and for other non-solo cabins, they don't do the full 200% markup.  

Thanks, that was on the list of lines to try so that makes it better if they have solo rooms

24 minutes ago, buncosquad said:

Booked an IC on the Edge, same month and year, southbound Transpacific, 19-nights.

Amazing good pricing.

We were very pleased with the price and the itinerary is great. Haven’t seen 3 New Zealand stops on the TP before.  

On 12/19/2023 at 11:19 PM, Cruise Junky said:

It’s not completely bleak. I booked a Sky Suite this week, 19 day transpacific for under $10k for 2.  

Yeah we booked a Sky Suite on the Solstice for November 2025 for $5700 for two! It worked out only $120 more than a regular veranda so was a no brainer. 

• Like 1