Have a mystery cruise with OBC. Should I go?

jean87510

This was a sailing I had moved quite some time ago.  I'd love to just appear and go but unfortunately will be on another trip!  It is a great itinerary but just way too much money for the sky suite.  I guess Celebrity hasn't gone through the 5 stages of grief yet in my case and is bargaining now. 😁  Makes me wonder if I hadn't had anything booked and no plans at all, could I just appear??  (yes I know the answer is NO).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Just got this email.  Brief history - this cruise was moved 2x to a Reflection cruise.  Should I try to go? 😁Screenshot_20231220_044608.thumb.jpg.00bdc22bf8041a57a21a890e710ddb4a.jpg

If you are already on another trip, just forget this offer---

With due respect, why do people on CC continuously ask folks they do not know what they should do ?

This is an example as well as :

What should I do with OBC I haven't spent ?

What should I do about tips or gifts to our Cabin Steward/Waiter/Butler/Bar Tender etc ?

What would you do if, etc ?

LOL--- All the different answers could make things more confusing--- don't you think ??

6 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

With due respect, why do people on CC continuously ask folks they do not know what they should do ?

What should I do about tips or gifts to our Cabin Steward/Waiter/Butler/Bar Tender etc ?

LOL--- All the different answers could make things more confusing--- don't you think ??

Lol do you seriously think I let alone anyone would actually fly to Miami and take this cruise?  I know you don't know me but come on man, lighten up a bit.  I found it amusing that I got the email and figured I would share.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I sometimes wonder this too.  "Would I enjoy XYZ" is hard to answer if you know nothing about a person.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Lol do you seriously think I let alone anyone would actually fly to Miami and take this cruise?  I know you don't know me but come on man, lighten up a bit.  I found it amusing that I got the email and figured I would share.  

I don't think this is directed at you personally, but just the general questions....

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

"Lol do you seriously think "

Who me ?? 

I didn't "get" your humor -- as you say " I don't know you ".

LOL---Didn't you read the -- " With due respect " part --- 

That's supposed to cover all " bases " so nobody calls me names or tells me to " lighten up a bit ".

Hey, it's all good.

On 12/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, wrk2cruise said:

It's just an incorrect email from Cruise Planner trying to get you to spend your OBC.  

23 hours ago, jean87510 said:

This was a sailing I had moved quite some time ago. 

I think they have a glitch with the OBC e-mails for reservations which were moved.  I moved a reservation for a Canada cruise, which sailed in October, to a Bermuda one, which sailed in July.  I felt like doing something warmer this year.  I paid a small fee but the same reservation number and OBC was kept. 

A week before the originally scheduled October cruise was to leave, I received this same e-mail telling me that I might have OBC for the 10/2 cruise.  That OBC was long spent in July.  But it was the same reservation number so it's some glitch.

We wound up taking a last minute Canada cruise with Princess during that same week anyway so everything worked out great.