Loyalty match

riredsox

55 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Maybe for some of the more unique itineraries, but we booked the 8 day Caribbean for April of 2025, and it's a tad cheaper than the same itinerary we sailed in February 2023.

Caribbean sailings are not worth it for many people.

Cheaper and easier to fly to Mexico and stay at a 5 star resort. However, for Americans, specifically those close to Miami, it might be an option. Airfare kills most deals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Prices for 2025 are insane now.

Taking a break is probably a good idea. 

Our upcoming 2024 cruse is now selling for 4 times what we paid for it!  And yes, the new pricing is one of the reasons for our decision to take a break.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Prices for 2025 are insane now.

Taking a break is probably a good idea. 

I know I am in the minority, but the price now is a lot more than they previously charged, but if you ignore that, and look at the general offering they have, it’s still reasonable. Yes some of the routes have gone up a lot, but when you consider it’s 15 nights, in a 4* hotel, almost all entertainment, with all meals and most no boozy drinks it’s still cheaper than doing the same on land. Add to that the ports and it’s a winner. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lustate said:

I know I am in the minority, but the price now is a lot more than they previously charged, but if you ignore that, and look at the general offering they have, it’s still reasonable. Yes some of the routes have gone up a lot, but when you consider it’s 15 nights, in a 4* hotel, almost all entertainment, with all meals and most no boozy drinks it’s still cheaper than doing the same on land. Add to that the ports and it’s a winner. 

You’re right!  And no kids!

16 hours ago, Lustate said:

I totally agree. Even with the price increases, if I quote a Virgin Cruise with a similar itinerary on another line such as Celebrity, I find Virgin still compares well. Especially if it is an apples-to-apples comparison, including wifi, gratuities, specialty dining fees, group fitness classes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

I totally agree. Even with the price increases, if I quote a Virgin Cruise with a similar itinerary on another line such as Celebrity, I find Virgin still compares well. Especially if it is an apples-to-apples comparison, including wifi, gratuities, specialty dining fees, group fitness classes.

There is no way to fully do "apples to apples" because the packages are different on each cruise line....but doing the best I can, VV is now very much in line with other cruise lines whereas before the recent price increases, they were a huge bargain.

Still, you've got to look at what you will use.  For us, the unlimited internet is a big deal....much better than the limited amounts included by some other lines.  VV food is good, but some items are better on some other lines, particularly in their specialty restaurants.  On VV, I'll go to exercise classes....I wouldn't pay for them on other lines.

• Like 2

I agree VV was underpricing themselves before. But are now overpricing themselves.

They were BMW 3 Series at Honda Civic prices. The choice was easy.

However, now we are comparing BMW with  brands and models like Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Audi A4 or an Alfa Romeo Giulia. All at similar prices.

No way I'd pick VV anymore.

Specially now during Wake Season.

• Like 1

I just called Virgin looking to match my loyalty program as offered and I was told that it had been paused since end of 2023 and they have no information if they will restart the program.  If somebody has better information, it will be appreciated.  

21 minutes ago, Amor de Madre said:

I just called Virgin looking to match my loyalty program as offered and I was told that it had been paused since end of 2023 and they have no information if they will restart the program.  If somebody has better information, it will be appreciated.  

This was always scheduled to end of 2023. As of now the new system will be token based on $ spent on voyage fare however it has not launched yet either but the current value will be stored since launch of Virgin Voyages. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, robertsammons said:

This was always scheduled to end of 2023. As of now the new system will be token based on $ spent on voyage fare however it has not launched yet either but the current value will be stored since launch of Virgin Voyages. 

Interesting... This was the original program was it not?

So does this mean DBE are gone, or the tokens are in combination with DBE.

And has this been confirmed, or do you have your ways of getting the inside scoop. 😉

Edited by -The-True-North-

2 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Interesting... This was the original program was it not?

So does this mean DBE are gone, or the tokens are in combination with DBE.

And has this been confirmed, or do you have your ways of getting the inside scoop. 😉

The original process never launched the faqs on Virgin Voyages website mentions the tokens 🙂 

DBE is valid until December 2024 if you already qualified just no one can qualify anymore 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amor de Madre said:

Very interesting!!!  I called within the last hour and they told me that are STILL matching, but the site itself is down because they are adding another program to it, which this thread seems to confirm.  They told me to call them back if the site is not back up prior to 14 day prior to our sailing (2/2/24). Hmmm...

• Like 1

Status Match and DBE are NOT the same thing.  Status Match is one way of qualifying for "Sailor's Club" which seems to be the name of their loyalty program.  DBE  is the current benefit package being given to members of "Sailor's Club," regardless of whether they qualified thru a status match or thru having completed 2 VV sailings in the requisite time period.

The status match program has had probably 5 different ending dates announced, and each time it is extended. The current word on the website is that people who qualify for Sailor's Club, regardless of how they qualify, will get the DBE on all sailings thru 2024. Each time status match has been scheduled to end/extended, the word has been that VV is instituting their new loyalty program.....which we are still waiting for.  There was a brief time involving tokens....about Oct, 2022 if I'm remembering right

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Status Match and DBE are NOT the same thing.  Status Match is one way of qualifying for "Sailor's Club" which seems to be the name of their loyalty program.  DBE  is the current benefit package being given to members of "Sailor's Club," regardless of whether they qualified thru a status match or thru having completed 2 VV sailings in the requisite time period.

The status match program has had probably 5 different ending dates announced, and each time it is extended. The current word on the website is that people who qualify for Sailor's Club, regardless of how they qualify, will get the DBE on all sailings thru 2024. Each time status match has been scheduled to end/extended, the word has been that VV is instituting their new loyalty program.....which we are still waiting for.  There was a brief time involving tokens....about Oct, 2022 if I'm remembering right

Right now regardless of match, sailings etc there’s no way to qualify to the sailing club at least according to the website and seemingly what the phone team are now saying.

Tokens are likely still a thing as were last mentioned in August 2023. 

fingers crossed we hear something soon !!

1 hour ago, poohterp said:

Very interesting!!!  I called within the last hour and they told me that are STILL matching, but the site itself is down because they are adding another program to it, which this thread seems to confirm.  They told me to call them back if the site is not back up prior to 14 day prior to our sailing (2/2/24). Hmmm...

I found the following page that described how to request the status match and where it also indicates that the status match had been extended to Dec-2024.

https://www.thiscruiselife.com/cruise-loyalty-programs/virgin-voyages-status-match-program-through-december-2024

In this page it directs to:

https://virginvoyages.my.salesforce-sites.com/SubmitLoyaltyProofOfStatusForm

Where an application will be filled.   Currently the page indicates is under maintenance.  Hopefully you are correct!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amor de Madre said:

I found the following page that described how to request the status match and where it also indicates that the status match had been extended to Dec-2024.

https://www.thiscruiselife.com/cruise-loyalty-programs/virgin-voyages-status-match-program-through-december-2024

In this page it directs to:

https://virginvoyages.my.salesforce-sites.com/SubmitLoyaltyProofOfStatusForm

Where an application will be filled.   Currently the page indicates is under maintenance.  Hopefully you are correct!

This all supports what I was told.  We shall see.  

On 12/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, chereya said:

FYI I just checked the VV website and it looked like the status match expiration date is next year Dec 31, 2024, not this week.

read that it was december 2024 but when my wife tried a couple of days ago she got a message saying it finished december 2023

17 hours ago, kennev said:

read that it was december 2024 but when my wife tried a couple of days ago she got a message saying it finished december 2023

So they officially ended status match Dec. 31, but a few people said they managed to make it work for a few days after that.  Stay tuned as they are supposed to announce Sailing Club changes later this month. Cross your fingers they reinstate the status match.  You will likely see someone post on this forum if gets reinstated.

• Like 1

I was on a call with Virgin today and asked if the status match programs was coming back in any form. They said there are no plans to do that.  Congrats to everyone who got in under the wire.

Edited by Gretchendz

7 minutes ago, OBRN1 said:

Where do you go for the match? I am diamond on RC? Would like it for my cruise next Friday on virgin if it still applies thanks

I've read that it has been discontinued as of 12/31/2023.  To see if you can find it, on the VV website, go to "loyalty" and look for status match.  For people who already have it, it is good till the end of 2024, but my understanding is no new sign ups.

Edited by cantgetin

5 hours ago, OBRN1 said:

Where do you go for the match? I am diamond on RC? Would like it for my cruise next Friday on virgin if it still applies thanks

It's not possible to match anymore and the form is gone from the Virgin Voyages website 

• Like 1