Today December 24, Celebrity canceled my shore excursion at Stavanger, Norway

gerelmx

Incredible, yes, today Sunday, December 24 at 11:59 am I received an email from Celebrity, they canceled my excursion in Stavanger, they mentioned that I can book any other excursion of my choice and that I should wait 30 days for the refund to my credit card. It's ridiculous to wait a month for the refund when I pay them in cash and I really miss the time and day of the mail, which nope is supposed to be closed for the holidays. agh :😡😡
Another bad point, the excursion is still in my cruise planner and it does not allow me to book another excursion since there is duplication in the schedules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The refund will not take 30 days.  Celebrity normally refunds within 72 hours (longest for excursions) but how soon you bank/credit card takes to post the refund s the unknown.  We have 1 card that posts within 24-48 hours and another that is a week to 10 days. 

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

The refund will not take 30 days.  Celebrity normally refunds within 72 hours (longest for excursions) but how soon you bank/credit card takes to post the refund s the unknown.  We have 1 card that posts within 24-48 hours and another that is a week to 10 days. 

That's what says the email I received

You might try calling.  I called to cancel and rebook the same excursion her they were having a very good sale and was concerned about it being sold out if I did it myself.  The rep was very accommodating and did it for me.

40 minutes ago, vickykay said:

You might try calling.  I called to cancel and rebook the same excursion her they were having a very good sale and was concerned about it being sold out if I did it myself.  The rep was very accommodating and did it for me.

The OP is not in the US so calling might be difficult.

I had this happen recently and just went ahead and canceled the excursion on line so that the cruise planner would let me book a replacement.  I had paid with OBC and was refunded immediately even though the email said the refund would take 30 days,  I was then able to book a replacement that happened to be on sale.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, vickykay said:

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The OP is not in the US so calling might be difficult.

Will call tomorrow morning, we have a dedicated phone number for Mexico.

2 minutes ago, Nyhawkeye said:

I had this happen recently and just went ahead and canceled the excursion on line so that the cruise planner would let me book a replacement.  I had paid with OBC and was refunded immediately even though the email said the refund would take 30 days,  I was then able to book a replacement that happened to be on sale.

I don't want to cancel because I already have a notice of cancellation

Edited by gerelmx

2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I don't want to cancel because I already have a notice of cancellation

Yes, I was also a bit concerned that it might mess things up since I had received a cancellation notice but worked fine and I avoided the long wait on hold.....

@gerelmx Was your excursion the destination highlight: seaview trail? We also received an email yesterday saying it was cancelled and like you, when I went into our online account, it’s still showing as being booked and not refunded to our obc that was used to book it

2 hours ago, kk20 said:

@gerelmx Was your excursion the destination highlight: seaview trail? We also received an email yesterday saying it was cancelled and like you, when I went into our online account, it’s still showing as being booked and not refunded to our obc that was used to book it

Yes the same, I pay with CC the email says wait 30 days for the refund

Don’t worry you will get your money back soon mine was 12 hours as I cancelled all my excursions and rebooked because of a sale and saved heaps of money. Unfortunately sometimes these things happen and it’s not Celebrity’s fault it’s the land based company. Hope you find another excursion 

It’s very easy to do Stavanger on your own after getting to the town center.  Some ships dock downtown and others a bit more distant.  We started at the Petroleum Museum, then the Canning Museum, and had a leisurely lunch overlooking the water.  There are very quaint homes and cobblestone streets to wander.  The harbor area is very intimate.

IMG_3938.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3917.jpeg

IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_3937.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Glad this has been resolved.  That said, is this the EXACT wording from the email (cut & paste)?

Celebrity Destinations Team 

Sun, Dec 24 at 11:59 AM

Dear Celebrity Cruises Guest,

With your Celebrity Cruises® vacation fast approaching, we hope you’re as excited as we are to show you everything Celebrity Silhouette is preparing for you. We can’t wait to welcome you aboard.

We’re reaching out about your scheduled shore excursion Destination Highlight: Seaview Trail, which has been cancelled by the local tour operator due to unforeseeable operational limitations. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause but assure you that we remain committed to providing you an extraordinary destination experience tailored to your needs.

There are several shore excursions available in this destination you may enjoy, including:

Small Group: Rib Boat Tour
Destination Highlight: Lysefjord Cruise
Destination Highlight: Stavanger Sightseeing

Celebrity Cruises also offers a Private Journey service that allows you and your traveling party to create a personalized experience with our Destinations Insiders. To begin creating your own experience, contact us at privatejourneys@celebrity.com.

We have issued a full refund for the cancellation, which should show as returned to your original form of payment in 30 days.

Again, we apologize and encourage you to explore other one-of-a-kind shore experiences created for Celebrity Cruises by logging in to your account at https://www.celebritycruises.com/account or via the Celebrity app. You may also reach our dedicated Destinations team at celebritydestinationsteam@celebrity.com.

The Celebrity Destinations Team 

e: celebritydestinationsteam@celebrity.com

Celebrity Cruises|1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132  

2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

We have issued a full refund for the cancellation, which should show as returned to your original form of payment in 30 days.

That doesn't mean "wait 30 days for the refund".  The refund has already been issued---30 days is how long it could take to reflect on your CC statement.

25 minutes ago, jwlane said:

That doesn't mean "wait 30 days for the refund".  The refund has already been issued---30 days is how long it could take to reflect on your CC statement.

As long as the money is not deposited in my account there is NO refund. For my account until it's in my pocket

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

Well, as long as you want to argue semantics, Celebrity didn't cancel your excursion, the tour operator did.

I did not contract with the operator, I contracted with Celebrity and Celebrity is the one who owes me my money.

The problem is why Celebrity delays so much time in refund the money when they charge  the CC immediately 

Edited by gerelmx