Printing luggage tags?

MrSchwump

I've had this problem in the past as well.  What worked for me was adjusting the printing scale slightly.  In the dialogue box that pops up when you go to print the document, select "more settings," then "scale," then "custom."  Then you'll have to play around with the scale numbers slightly.  I think I scaled it down somewhere between 90 and 99 percent, and I was able to then get the entire luggage tag to print on one page.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

I always use the "print to pdf" function. Then I print the pdf and it comes out perfectly. No sizing issues at all.

56 minutes ago, Tonye60 said:

Make sure your page is set to A4

I have never set anything to A4. That's not a standard US size and the OP is in the US.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

In the US, the standard size for printer paper is called "Letter" and is 8.5" x 11".  A4 is is the international counterpart and is slightly larger.

A4 is 8.27" x 11.69 which makes it narrower and longer than the US Letter size.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Does the printed luggage tag need to be in color, or does black print only suffice?  

Black and white is fine. No need for colour.  My laser printer only does black and white and that's been fine for all our cruises. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Has anyone had this issue printing luggage tags? My name and room # will not print. All the info is on screen and everything prints except my name and room#.

Any suggestions?

Not necessary to print them at all.  Porters have tags at port and can fill them out for you when you drop your bags and attach them for you.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, MrSchwump said:

Has anyone had this issue printing luggage tags? My name and room # will not print. All the info is on screen and everything prints except my name and room#.

Any suggestions?

Try downloading "FastStone Capture" (there's a version w/a free trial). Once you have it choose "Capture Rectangle" (the button with dotted lines. Draw your rectangle around the luggage tag. Then choose print.

On 12/26/2023 at 7:25 PM, puzzums said:

Does the printed luggage tag need to be in color, or does black print only suffice?  

I have *never* printed ours in color...they don't care. All they really want to know is what cabin they need to go to. The name is really just in case there's a snag and they get misplaced. 

22 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Try downloading "FastStone Capture" (there's a version w/a free trial). Once you have it choose "Capture Rectangle" (the button with dotted lines. Draw your rectangle around the luggage tag. Then choose print.

Anybody using Windows has the "Snip" feature built into the OS. Snip allows you to draw a box around anything on the screen and "snip" it. You can then save it to your desktop or anywhere else you like. No need for a third party app.

35 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Anybody using Windows has the "Snip" feature built into the OS. Snip allows you to draw a box around anything on the screen and "snip" it. You can then save it to your desktop or anywhere else you like. No need for a third party app.

If I were to try and take a screen shot to handle this, I use a third party app that I've had for years that would easily do the job.  That being said...I've never had an issue using the print function either as embedded in the page or the normal Chrome print function.  I guess I've been lucky in that respect.