iamaqt2

9 minutes ago, San10s said:

My tabs are….

Check-in

Book Dining 

Packages

Excursions

Spa

@San10s My assumption would be in this case that you haven’t completed all the check in steps so no “boarding pass” tab (blue or green) and you are too far out from the cruise for “luggage tags”.  Can you confirm any of these?  It might to understand if it’s an anomaly that some have these and some don’t 

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Decided we want to make a reservation for The Catch on the first sea day. Used the new App and all was going along well. It warned me that making the reservation would cancel my MDR reservation which was OK. Hit the final step where my card would be charged and got some obscure error about not having a room number (I've got one) and it bombed out.

2 hours ago, CruiseMob said:

I haven't been able to book The Catch even before the new app came out. I've tried the old app, the website version, and calling and it errors every time on the last step. So this may not be a new app issue, but an older problem. I've had no problems booking other SD, just The Catch. 

I have the same issues with not being able to book The Catch by Rudi on the 4/3 cruise by trying every way possible. It’s very frustrating not being able to book this popular restaurant & having to hope for availability when boarding.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@San10s My assumption would be in this case that you haven’t completed all the check in steps so no “boarding pass” tab (blue or green) and you are too far out from the cruise for “luggage tags”.  Can you confirm any of these?  It might to understand if it’s an anomaly that some have these and some don’t 

Or not within 75 days of boarding. I've completed everything but am 94 days out. No boarding pass tab as expected.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

I'm 57 days out and have luggage tags and green lane status in the old app and on the website. In the new app I don't have boarding pass or luggage tags. 

Same for me and I'm 33 days out from sailing. All check in requirements completed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

I'm 57 days out and have luggage tags and green lane status in the old app and on the website. In the new app I don't have boarding pass or luggage tags. 

Similar situation.  Less than 50 days out, have already printed luggage tags and ordered medallions, green lane in old app, green check in new app and I don’t have the boarding pass or luggage tag tabs.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Thanks for thinking about this with me.  So here is the problem ….

My husband shows Green Lane as he is signed to the Credit Card for the ship’s billing.  you cannot opt out of including the 2nd payment details & I refuse to put my info & Credit card info on the ‘Shoreside’ payment section.  So now that I refuse to give that info to a 3rd party, it will not let me order my Medallions (I know we can get them when checking in but supposedly that is a perk of having it shipped since I have Princess Plus).  All this means I have not completed my check -in!  As a long time cruiser on Princess, this is really ticking me off! 😠😠

Happy New Year!  🎉🎉

See attached is the photo on my ‘Travel Information’ page!

IMG_4694.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

See post 450

Gayl shows a and like us you don’t have the check because you are 6/7 complete

due to not being able to complete the gaming shoreside entry 

I see exactly what predicament you are in here. The 3rd party card data no entry prevents it showing in New App that you are fully checked in

this is getting messy 

Yep, which is why I'm concerned I won't have the boarding pass as I can't find that on the old app or website like I did the luggage tags.

Also anyone else notice how on the shoreside page it says items with * are required but only the zipcode has a *. Obviously not true and so weird.Screenshot_20231230_162256_Princess.thumb.jpg.c48f228ff903847174e7c7dd8475ca0b.jpg

6 hours ago, travellingnana said:

I NEVER selected a shoreside payment on the old app. Downloaded the new app and it has my credit card info also under shoreside with the “complete” button highlighted. All green for everything. How do I unselect the shoreside credit card without screwing everything up??

Sorry, I haven't read all the  posts after this but I just did this.  I did NOT authorize use of my cc for shoreside and two cc that I have used with Princess in the past showed as authorized for shoreside.  Grrr.  

At any rate, click on the cc on the shoreside portion.  There are three dots in the upper right corner, click there and it gives option to delete card.  I did it and it put us back as blue lane but I don't care about that. 

Hope this helps.

Mary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that. The Asterix applied ONLY to the zip code in your case, and similarly to the postal code for this Canadian cruiser. Odd that the *Required was clearly not applied to the fields that want completed. I hope a re

vision with an  "Opt Out" for the Shoreside Payment method.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill with the Green/Blue Lane thing.  As a Californian, it's like a road rage incident.

When Princess first announced of the "simplified boarding process"--their words not mine-- in July 2023, the new protocol would be that a boarding pass would appear on your Medallion App 10-12 days before departure.  That is still the case with the Princess Cruises App.  10-12 days before departure, a boarding pass icon will appear.  It will show your Green/Blue Lane designation.

If you don't see your boarding pass or lane designation, it's because it's still too early.  Be patient. 

I'm Blue Lane for my cruise on 01/07/24 because I didn't have my Medallion shipped to me.

AIMG_4494.jpg

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, durangokid said:

Sorry, I haven't read all the  posts after this but I just did this.  I did NOT authorize use of my cc for shoreside and two cc that I have used with Princess in the past showed as authorized for shoreside.  Grrr.  

At any rate, click on the cc on the shoreside portion.  There are three dots in the upper right corner, click there and it gives option to delete card.  I did it and it put us back as blue lane but I don't care about that. 

Hope this helps.

Mary

Just a thought.  Princess provided your cc information to a third party without your permission. Is that legal allowed?  Any Attorneys here to comment?

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Just a thought.  Princess provided your cc information to a third party without your permission. Is that legal allowed?  Any Lawyers here?

It WASN'T there yesterday and we were both Green Lane.  Today it was there (glad I checked) and now I am Blue Lane and hubby is still Green.  Our cruise isn't until September on the Sun Princess TA and I hope they get their act together before long. 

Mary <---color me confused and still refusing to give third party cc information. 

Edited by durangokid
change wording for clarity
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Just a thought.  Princess provided your cc information to a third party without your permission. Is that legal allowed?  Any Lawyers here's to comment?

Not sure, but Princess providing credit details to a third party is different if you consent to providing those details. I'm sure implied consent is somewhere in the fine print.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

So by default as the writing is in BLUE and not GREEN you are in the Blue lane 

Im trying to highlight this that there is not. a REAL obvious way of seeing your status other than a to be Green 

13 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Your BLUE by choice, I and others are BLUE because we do not want to provide a third party with our  CC data

I misunderstood your reply in Post #461.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Just a thought.  Princess provided your cc information to a third party without your permission. Is that legal allowed?  Any Attorneys here to comment?

I did a "quick google" on this and according to the Canadian Privacy Act here in Canada, this is not allowed.  I may have read it wrong however, this is the impression I got from it.  Again, this is just a thought and my understanding.  USA laws could be totally different.  I just don't like the idea of a company providing cc information to another company without my permission/consent.

7 hours ago, travellingnana said:

I NEVER selected a shoreside payment on the old app. Downloaded the new app and it has my credit card info also under shoreside with the “complete” button highlighted. All green  for everything. How do I unselect the shoreside credit card without screwing everything up??

Edited by DHP1

31 minutes ago, durangokid said:

Hope this helps.

Mary

This is what I think now, and I could be wrong.  When I first opened the app I was completely checked in; Green Check marks for everything.  Then I read the posts about the shipboard/shoreside issue and was concerned when I saw my CC listed in the shoreside section.  So I went back and was going to delete the card from shoreside, but instead went to shipboard and clicked on the CC box then on the COMPLETE tab.  When the app came back up I had a "you're all set " message, and my cc box had a blue line around it.

image.png.0f20af0736a01429abcd0754403879d9.png

Then when I looked at shoreside I realized there was no blue box

image.png.1fcd48ad96ba12a7a20a01fb2e34e55c.png

I don't think the shoreside card is activated (or whatever you want to call it) until you click it and hit COMPLETE  .I'm guessing I have all green marks just because the card is listed and has the potential to be activated.

• Thanks 1

When I click on the all set the app displays the travel information page and this says that once every thing is completed the boarding pass will become available 11 days prior to your journey.

I hopes this helps

Jim

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

image.thumb.png.42b1d32ad703c6d4db9f90196a0229dd.png

Mine shows we are on the green lane on the first page of the app when it opens.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

This is what I think now, and I could be wrong.  When I first opened the app I was completely checked in; Green Check marks for everything.  Then I read the posts about the shipboard/shoreside issue and was concerned when I saw my CC listed in the shoreside section.  So I went back and was going to delete the card from shoreside, but instead went to shipboard and clicked on the CC box then on the COMPLETE tab.  When the app came back up I had a "you're all set " message, and my cc box had a blue line around it.

image.png.0f20af0736a01429abcd0754403879d9.png

Then when I looked at shoreside I realized there was no blue box

image.png.1fcd48ad96ba12a7a20a01fb2e34e55c.png

I don't think the shoreside card is activated (or whatever you want to call it) until you click it and hit COMPLETE  .I'm guessing I have all green marks just because the card is listed and has the potential to be activated.

May be, however since a credit card I have not used recently (in the last year) on Princess showed up as being available to be activated that made me very suspicious.  If I recall correctly, since I already deleted the card information, it did say it was activated and everything was green,   I shall wait and see what happens with this new version of the app.  Since I already deleted it, with no screen shots, I couldn't prove anything.  But just to be on the safe side, when we are ashore, I am carrying my wallet that has RFID protection and putting my Medallion inside it as usual.

Mary

2 hours ago, San10s said:

Thanks for thinking about this with me.  So here is the problem ….

My husband shows Green Lane as he is signed to the Credit Card for the ship’s billing.  you cannot opt out of including the 2nd payment details & I refuse to put my info & Credit card info on the ‘Shoreside’ payment section.  So now that I refuse to give that info to a 3rd party, it will not let me order my Medallions (I know we can get them when checking in but supposedly that is a perk of having it shipped since I have Princess Plus).  All this means I have not completed my check -in!  As a long time cruiser on Princess, this is really ticking me off! 😠😠

Happy New Year!  🎉🎉

See attached is the photo on my ‘Travel Information’ page!

As a short term solution....do you still have the old app or can you reload it and order your Medallions through that? Just a thought....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I don’t have the boarding pass or luggage tag tabs.

Hey all -- not just this poster -  Princess announced earlier this year that BP's would appear about 11 days out from boarding date.  Cannot speak to luggage tags as they have always been in Personalizer before and are only useful when printed to hardcopy, so IDK if that is an easy thing for many people to do from a phone.  Luggage tags used to be 75 days out (which is of course way sooner than necessary).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2