New Princess App available

iamaqt2

36 minutes ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

Old App - Blue Lane (as we have to pick up our medallions at the port in January)

New App - Green Lane

Our Captains Circle levels have been reduced too.

I thought I'd moved to green lane on the new app too as I had a green tick and 'ready to sail' , but at the top of the page it says that to become green you have to have your medallion shipped, which of course we can't in the UK. So I think we're still blue 😞

I was hoping they would add confirmation showing that you've purchased the Plus or Premium package, but it still isn't there. Every cruise I go through this, and it seems not a difficult thing for the app to just confirm somewhere that you have purchased a package.

• Like 1

If someone has nothing to do today (lol), it would be nice if someone goes through everyone comments and record (create a master list) all the issues they are having regarding to this new app. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Melbek said:

I was hoping they would add confirmation showing that you've purchased the Plus or Premium package, but it still isn't there. Every cruise I go through this, and it seems not a difficult thing for the app to just confirm somewhere that you have purchased a package.

@Melbek  it shows for me.  On the home page scroll down to “view packages”. Or go to profile, then onboard packages.  

Not sure why yours doesn’t show

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

If someone has nothing to do today (lol), it would be nice if someone goes through everyone comments and record (create a master list) all the issues they are having regarding to this new app. 

Let us know when you've accomplished that. 😂

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@Melbek  it shows for me.  On the home page scroll down to “view packages”. Or go to profile, then onboard packages.  

Not sure why yours doesn’t show

Hm. Strange because we purchased Princess Plus, but "View Packages" in the app shows a description of "Princess Premier". Since we didn't purchase Premier, I assumed it was giving me a description of the next upgrade we could get, not our current package. That's weird. The website says we have Plus.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

It means you can use your medallion in the ports/shoreside to make purchases.  

Sorry for asking.  How will that work?  Your medallion becomes your credit card and if so, the store/business would have to have a special card reader similar in what they use on the ship. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Sorry for asking.  How will that work?  Your medallion becomes your credit card and if so, the store/business would have to have a special card reader similar in what they use on the ship. 

Way above my paygrade. I'm sure Princess has contracted with selected ports and business in order to make it work(?).  I'm not even remotely interested in it. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Eno said:

I can see it all now.  Requirements for the new App were given to both the Development and Testing teams and asked for a launch date.  The date was given and upper management cut it in half and made an announcement on the launch date they wanted.  Marketing then added new requirements during the build and testing phases.  Upper management then asked the Development and Testing managers what was needed to keep their launch date.  As a Testing manager living through many of these types of projects my answer became either a Time Machine or a Delorean.  That is why I am now retired and cruising......

All true. I imagine it was not done in- house. But they still had an acceptance test that was agreed to for payment. Changes now are all add on payments per issue. That keeps the doors open. You know the cycle. 

14 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Yes, that would mean that the stores would need a medallion reader. My understanding is that some, but probably not all, stores have signed up for this. Princess gets a cut from each sale, so I wouldn't do this in any case. I'd rather the shoreside store owners got the profit. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

All true. I imagine it was not done in- house. But they still had an acceptance test that was agreed to for payment. Changes now are all add on payments per issue. That keeps the doors open. You know the cycle. 

I can see a new update coming out in two weeks. I hope someone from Princess is reading everyone comments and act accordingly. 

Edited by DHP1

Things are mostly working for me today. I still get some errors and "can't do thats" but mostly it's there. I do have to log in each time, but username/password is working.

One thing I find odd is the muster station it's showing. We like forward cabins and have almost always booked those. Our muster station has always been the Princess Theater, but the new app is showing Crooner's Bar on deck 6. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Not a big deal, but just wondering.

Yes, that would mean that the stores would need a medallion reader. My understanding is that some, but probably not all, stores have signed up for this. Princess gets a cut from each sale, so I wouldn't do this in any case. I'd rather the shoreside store owners got the profit. 

So you look around within the store and the store accidentally reads your medallion for a purchase. My opinion, useless feature to have. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The old one has a circle around the seawitch on the App.

The new one is a really different layout also.

Happy New Year Susan!

See post 44 has a pic of both Apps.

Oh, now really confused...I think I still have the old one and have tried numerous times to get the new one both on my iphone and on the web.  It just shows all the old info which led me to believe I still have the old one.  I encounter a problem every time I try to get the new one...."try again later"...which I have been getting for days. 
I thought maybe I should delete the old one but I am afraid I will lose all my dining purchases?
The other issue is the app shows Medallion orders for my upcoming sailing but also two other sailings that have been cancelled.  So I canceled all the orders but they still all show up on the app.  So now I don't even know if my Medallion order for the upcoming cruise is indeed ordered??

Edited by suzyed

51 minutes ago, Melbek said:

Mine doesn't show either.  It states no package purchased...which is wrong.

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Oh, now really confused...I think I still have the old one and have tried numerous times to get the new one both on my iphone and on the web.  It just shows all the old info which led me to believe I still have the old one.  I encounter a problem every time I try to get the new one...."try again later"...which I have been getting for days. 
I thought maybe I should delete the old one but I am afraid I will lose all my dining purchases?

Don’t delete the old one yet.

Give it another day and just try on your smartphone. Go to your App store, search Princess Travel.

Then download it.  It’s the square blue App, no circle around the seawitch.
It looks different inside the App, than the old one.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t delete the old one yet.

Give it another day and just try on your smartphone. Go to your App store, search Princess Travel.

Then download it.  It’s the square blue App, no circle around the seawitch.
It looks different inside the App, than the old one.  

I will try it again....
Thank you...Thank you!  Got it but now going through it trying to see what's correct and what's not....update coming!

Edited by suzyed

16 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Yes, that would mean that the stores would need a medallion reader. My understanding is that some, but probably not all, stores have signed up for this. Princess gets a cut from each sale, so I wouldn't do this in any case. I'd rather the shoreside store owners got the profit. 

So you look around within the store and the store accidentally reads your medallion for a purchase. My opinion, useless feature to have. 

Definitely useless for you and me. Some people may be happy to do this so they won't need to carry as much ashore, even though it will limit their shopping ops. Another nice revenue stream for Princess, depending on how many folks actually do this.

• Like 2

Did they intend to fix that you can't see all your upcoming cruises without logging in and out of each one?

We can't see how to choose our arrival time in the old or the new app. We used to be able to see it, but couldn't choose one until 60 days prior to cruise.

42 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

One thing I find odd is the muster station it's showing. We like forward cabins and have almost always booked those. Our muster station has always been the Princess Theater, but the new app is showing Crooner's Bar on deck 6. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Not a big deal, but just wondering.

I'm not sure it's working off-ship. Our muster defaulted to deck 6 too when we should also be in the Princess Theater on 7.  I navigated to a different deck (9), went back to Explore the Ship, clicked Muster Station and it stayed on that deck. Clicked the Route button and it said connect to MedallionNet on board to build a route. I moved to deck 7 and scrolled to the forward deck, went back and did the same but no movement.

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OceanoPair said:

We can't see how to choose our arrival time in the old or the new app. We used to be able to see it, but couldn't choose one until 60 days prior to cruise.

Arrival times have not been required for a few months now - you get a broad boarding window and can turn up within that window.

• Like 1