Getting ready for my first O cruise. I'm worried about storage space.

TinaM67

^^^^Excellent description and spot on. We actually preferred the closet placement. While somewhat smaller perhaps much more accessible than next to the bed as on Riveria/Marina. 

Edited by EJL2023

36 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

On Vista now. Cabin B is good.  It is set up similar to Riviera/Marina.  Closet opens in the entry way instead of next to the bed. It’s smaller, but adequate.  Above the safe are 2 deep shelves. The desk has 4 drawers.  In the bathroom there is a cabinet with 3 shelves.   Elbow that there is a counter with 4 drawers. Under the sink, there is a huge drawer. We had no trouble finding storage for our clothing. We have lots of unused drawers.  Like the blue night light and the under vanity lighting. The digital do not disturb/ makeup room replaces the old signage. Bathroom is spacious with a big walk-in shower. Water pressure is good. Still getting Bvlgari toiletries.  No sewing kit.  Veranda has 2 comfy chairs and a table.  

We just asked for the sewing kit - available but not automatically supplied

We’ll be in a Concierge for the first time at Christmas, usually have a PH.  I take a different dress for every day and every evening, no I don’t want to double up, I have nice clothes and a I want to wear them.  If there’s not enough hanging space, I’m going to leave half the clothes in the case and when I’ve worn the first half, I’ll rebag them and put them in the case and take the unworn clothes out.  I use the roll up vacuum bags when I pack, so it’ll be easier to swap them over. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tr1v1alCru1ser said:

We’ll be in a Concierge for the first time at Christmas, usually have a PH.  I take a different dress for every day and every evening, no I don’t want to double up, I have nice clothes and a I want to wear them.  If there’s not enough hanging space, I’m going to leave half the clothes in the case and when I’ve worn the first half, I’ll rebag them and put them in the case and take the unworn clothes out.  I use the roll up vacuum bags when I pack, so it’ll be easier to swap them over. 

That's really nice, thanks for sharing that with us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 2:50 PM, basor said:

We just asked for the sewing kit - available but not automatically supplied

I've got a pile of them, I didn't know they started being on demand. I generally take one in my dopp kit anyway, but rarely ever need them on a cruise. I have used them at home a few times over the years. 

• 2 months later...

I'm booked to do a world cruise on this ship and concerned about storage for 180 days!  I'm in a regular veranda, 8075 (not accessible).  If anyone took shelving measurements, please share.  For example, the 2 shelves above the safe and height of the shelf under the sink.  I plan to buy organizers for these areas.  thanks.

Although I have never been on a world cruise, I have read posts from other people who have discussed their experiences. One of the tips was to store out of season/extra clothing in your suitcases, which the stewards will store for you. They will return these items to you whenever you wish. Of course, you also have room under your bed, but it’s quite normal for World cruisers to have lots of baggage. You don’t need storage in your state room for 180 days worth of clothes. I’ll bet free laundry comes included in the price, I hope? 
Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Travel Lady in CT said:

I'm booked to do a world cruise on this ship and concerned about storage for 180 days!  I'm in a regular veranda, 8075 (not accessible).  If anyone took shelving measurements, please share.  For example, the 2 shelves above the safe and height of the shelf under the sink.  I plan to buy organizers for these areas.  thanks.

You're not planning on taking clothes for six months, are you? I'd take maybe 10 days for warmer weather and 10 days for colder weather.

Just now, clo said:

You're not planning on taking clothes for six months, are you? I'd take maybe 10 days for warmer weather and 10 days for colder weather.

No, definitely not.  But storage looks very limited, even for clothing, especially if you add some nicer evening things and what you may need for certain excursions.  Plus, the 'other stuff' really adds up when you're away for 6 months and visiting 100 ports.  Forget travel sizes 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Travel Lady in CT said:

No, definitely not.  But storage looks very limited, even for clothing, especially if you add some nicer evening things and what you may need for certain excursions.  Plus, the 'other stuff' really adds up when you're away for 6 months and visiting 100 ports.  Forget travel sizes 🤣

I’ve read that world cruisers bring LOTS of toiletries, cosmetics, etc. Boxes and boxes! Again, stewards are ready for this and can offer you off-stateroom storage. After all, you only need 1 tube of toothpaste at a time. Ditto, shampoo, etc.

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I’ve read that world cruisers bring LOTS of toiletries, cosmetics, etc. Boxes and boxes! Again, stewards are ready for this and can offer you off-stateroom storage. After all, you only need 1 tube of toothpaste at a time. Ditto, shampoo, etc.

I can see where the world cruisers would have a lot of things, but for shorter cruises, I don't see any issues, although I haven't been on Vista.  We have been on the R class ships, in the lower staterooms, and never had any issue with 10 days, and would have been fine with at least double that.  

• Like 1

We’re about to cruise on Vista, a return to Oceania after about ten years. Looking at the YouTube videos, the storage does look to be much less than we have been used to on other lines so I share your concern, I’m not known for travelling light so it should be interesting!🙈😂

Posted (edited)

Thinking about possibly hanging shelves for our 2/3 version of your cruise. We are thinking the idea of being prepped for two two week cycles of clothes, with less, but some cold gear. Our Portion should not have too much cold weather, but no way I'm leaving the merino base layers at home.

Edited by CptBoatface

1 hour ago, CptBoatface said:

Thinking about possibly hanging shelves for our 2/3 version of your cruise. We are thinking the idea of being prepped for two two week cycles of clothes, with less, but some cold gear. Our Portion should not have too much cold weather, but no way I'm leaving the merino base layers at home.

I too am planning to hang some storage with magnets from the ceiling on the WC.  Also, based on what I've seen on some YouTube videos, some pull out bins for the shelf in the closet which is 24" deep.  2 week cycles of clothes seems to be the consensus from what I've been reading.

• Like 1