Free Morning Coffee on Norwegian Encore?

Roses_Are_Red

12 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

There is a $4.95 "service charge" plus 20% mandatory tip.   

I guess I stand corrected. It has been a while since we have cruised but I guess even if I was charge 6 dollars for a pot of coffee and the continental breakfast it wasn't going to break me but they are notorious for the nickle & diming.

15 hours ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Hello All!

I will be going on my first ever cruise - Norwegian Encore cruise in the Caribbean in Jan 2024.  I was just wondering if someone might be able to tell me where I can get coffee in the morning?  I know that I can get coffee at the Garden Cafe buffet, but that's a long way from our room (Deck 14 AFT).  I also know that there is Starbucks on the ship.  But I am interested in quick, and free, coffee.  I read somewhere that one can get complimentary room service for coffee between 6-10:30am, but I cannot find any confirmation of this.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

Yeah, the continental breakfast does cost 4.95 plus gratuity, but there are other options. 

Of course there's the observation lounge, but that's all the way forward on 15.

Im an early riser and I enjoyed going down to the Waterfront on deck 8 for my early coffee. They always had 2 stations set up by 6am. One on the port side and one on starboard side. 

There's comfortable seating and a great view. 

I sailed Encore in 2020 and it's a great ship 🛳 so enjoy! 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:24 PM, Roses_Are_Red said:

Sorry. I must have misunderstood. I thought someone said they took coffee makers out of the cabins and I read that as they wouldn't provide one. 

Ask as soon as you see cabin Stewart . I did re they run out of coffee makers. I remember my daughter and son in law would go get coffee (in paper cups) from the set up on deck 8 (on outside) it was real good coffee.

23 minutes ago, Fern Crest said:

Free daily breakfast room service is included in the Priority package, along with Priority Boarding, Tendering, Disembarkation and canapes one evening in your room.

You can get a lot of $5 room service deliveries before you break even with the $200 priority charge. 

• Like 5

Last time I cruised it was on Prima and continental breakfast was free (no service fee)  until 10AM ... I am disappointed to see it now is $4,95....I realize $4.95 isn't much, its the point that it was free  and now its not 🫤

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, C cruise said:

Last time I cruised it was on Prima and continental breakfast was free (no service fee)  until 10AM ... I am disappointed to see it now is $4,95....I realize $4.95 isn't much, its the point that it was free  and now its not 🫤

But it's not just continental breakfast now...you can get multiple hot items also (see post #21 for menu). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, C cruise said:

It's not just $4.95 is it? Isn't there also a 20% gratuity added to that? I don't know, last time we sailed NCL (Breakaway from NOLA spring 2022) my experience was like yours.

Doug

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

It's not just $4.95 is it? Isn't there also a 20% gratuity added to that? I don't know, last time we sailed NCL (Breakaway from NOLA spring 2022) my experience was like yours.

Doug

You are correct as there is a 20% gratuity added.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

You are correct as there is a 20% gratuity added.

Thanks, thought I'd read that somewhere. So it will cost us $6 for our croissants and coffee in the morning......or I can go cheap and hike up to the Lido deck with our insulated coffee cups and room in my cargo shorts for the croissants.😉 I think my laziness will win out over my frugality though.......

Doug

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks, thought I'd read that somewhere. So it will cost us $6 for our croissants and coffee in the morning......or I can go cheap and hike up to the Lido deck with our insulated coffee cups and room in my cargo shorts for the croissants.😉 I think my laziness will win out over my frugality though.......

Doug

I had the same delimia this past September on the Jewel.   This was the first time we would be charged for our morning delivery of coffee and chocolate croissants.   I decided to bring our large yetis to the buffet each morning and get the coffee and the croissants myself.   I figured since I was eating those chocolate croissants, I could certainly use the walk.  I brought a tray with me so it was easy to carry back to them cabin.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I had the same delimia this past September on the Jewel.   This was the first time we would be charged for our morning delivery of coffee and chocolate croissants.   I decided to bring our large yetis to the buffet each morning and get the coffee and the croissants myself.   I figured since I was eating those chocolate croissants, I could certainly use the walk.  I brought a tray with me so it was easy to carry back to them cabin.

Yes, some suggested the tray, like for holding several beers. I have a lookout for something suitable. But, worse comes to worse, my cargo shorts have huge pockets!

Doug

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

But it's not just continental breakfast now...you can get multiple hot items also (see post #21 for menu). 

The question is, will it still be hot by the time they roll it out of the kitchen, down the hall, down the elevator and down another hall? 

18 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

The question is, will it still be hot by the time they roll it out of the kitchen, down the hall, down the elevator and down another hall? 

yes, it is hot --it comes in a thermal carafe and you pour it in the provided cups

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, C cruise said:

yes, it is hot --it comes in a thermal carafe and you pour it in the provided cups

Okay...but my question was about the so-called "hot" food...

Many times food in the restaurants isn't hot. I can only imagine how "hot" it is by the time they roll it to your cabin.

Edited by schmoopie17

On 1/6/2024 at 12:53 PM, JustAPilot said:

Btw talking about coffee, how can they continue to serve that garbage. I’ve had some shitty diner coffee’s but NCL’s free coffee is plain disgusting.

wait! You can say that but I can't say ***** hahaha

More on topic - I had never tried buffet NCL coffee until my November Pr1ma cruise. Holy heck that stuff was putrid! Worse than Paul de Lima could ever try to be!! 

• Haha 1

I agree.. the coffee at the buffet, and in the observation lounge, is terrible.  We did ask our steward to have a coffee maker in the room, and he delivered.  He also replenished the coffee/sugar/creamers every day.  I actually liked the coffee in the room.  It was lovely to make coffee and sit on the balcony and watch the sunrise in the mornings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

I agree.. the coffee at the buffet, and in the observation lounge, is terrible.  We did ask our steward to have a coffee maker in the room, and he delivered.  He also replenished the coffee/sugar/creamers every day.  I actually liked the coffee in the room.  It was lovely to make coffee and sit on the balcony and watch the sunrise in the mornings.

Did you think the coffee from the coffee maker in the stateroom was better than the coffee at the buffet or Ob Lounge?  I thought the exact opposite.  I much preferred a leisurely walk to the Observation Lounge to have an early coffee while I waited for others to wake up. 

1 hour ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Did you think the coffee from the coffee maker in the stateroom was better than the coffee at the buffet or Ob Lounge?  I thought the exact opposite.  I much preferred a leisurely walk to the Observation Lounge to have an early coffee while I waited for others to wake up. 

I think the Observation Lounge as better coffee than what you'll find in the Buffet or the pods the come with the coffee maker in the cabin (with the exception of the Haven which has Nespresso Machines, which are quite good).

That said, I always opt for this for in room coffee.  I use the in cabin coffee maker for hot water and store little boxes of milk in the fridge.

https://maxpressocoffee.com

• Like 1