Last minute...

Sunflower & The Scientist

We aren't typically last minute people, but we decided to do the $25 holiday sale which ends in two day. We always book through our TA. But we realize she will be out for the next two day. I thought I have seen people say that they booked through Viking and then switched it to their TA. I'm just interested to hear from someone who has done that successfully. 

If you are lucky, the Viking agent knows how to put your TA's name on the booking. I know that the onboard cruise consultants know how to it, because the last few times I booked on board, it happened automatically and I was e-mailing with my TA, setting up the insurance long before I even got home.

• Like 3

Other than the $1000 off if I have a booked cruise,  I am not finding any great deals on cruise fares mostly FREE air.  Is there a better place than the traditional Viking website I should be looking?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deec said:

Other than the $1000 off if I have a booked cruise,  I am not finding any great deals on cruise fares mostly FREE air.  Is there a better place than the traditional Viking website I should be looking?

I don’t know, but I booked a new cruise and re-booked (changed itinerary) on another cruise in the last two weeks.  On each, with all the vouchers and Viking promos and past guest discounts, I saved $1650 pp or $3300 on each cruise and saved $700pp or $1400 on air.  And I got a six month final payment on both, and of course, $25 down.  I really thought that was pretty good.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

And I got a six month final payment on both, and of course, $25 down.  I really thought that was pretty good.

We  too  book a new cruise  and rescheduled an upcoming cruise from 2025 to 2026. Kept all my onboard discounts when I originally booked this cruise. 

Got the promo price and also discount stated in  the letter  from Viking ( had to have a booking before Nov 21) for a new booking for 2025. 

I am a happy  camper.

But neither of these cruises are in 2024. ☹️So maybe I will find a last minute deal  next year and book something.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Very easy. Just book yourself. Then transfer to TA within, I think, 60 days. I jumped on something yesterday because I knew my TA would be out until the 2nd. Really good deals right now!  Where are you going?

I think there are a lot of us booking while our TAs are out until the 2nd! We got a good deal...she kept giving us discounts for this and that. We spent the last 24 hours going round and round on which cruise to book and it came down to two by last night. We booked Canada New England Scenic Shores this afternoon. I'm not sure if we'll get the OBC from our TA since she did not book it, but we saved enough to make us happy. 

We've got a Rhine river cruise coming up in May, and in 2025 we are on for Italy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoCray4Cruz said:

Bless your heart, CILCIANRQTS. If you take the time to read the original post, you’ll discover they refer to their TA as “she.” 😃

And bless your heart for thinking that anyone hasn’t figured out what “bless your heart” means… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

yes you can book with Viking, then have you TA grab the reservation. 
Today I booked another cruise with Viking and then sent the booking number to my TA.  Although, it was a weekend the TA responded immediately.  
We booked the Viking Homelands cruise and used the special promo for booked cruises which expires tomorrow, I believe.  I got through to Viking immediately, no waiting, and spoke to a very knowledgeable Viking agent.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jjg34219 said:

So to be clear, if we called today to book a cruise we could transfer to our TA and she would get the booking credit?

Yes.  We do it all the time.  It's still good to have a Viking agent.  They know when things are about to happen and can alert you.  Our V agent and our TA often work together on our bookings.  

23 hours ago, Azulann said:

We  too  book a new cruise  and rescheduled an upcoming cruise from 2025 to 2026. Kept all my onboard discounts when I originally booked this cruise. 

Got the promo price and also discount stated in  the letter  from Viking ( had to have a booking before Nov 21) for a new booking for 2025. 

I am a happy  camper.

But neither of these cruises are in 2024. ☹️So maybe I will find a last minute deal  next year and book something.

What kinds of offers did you get? Special promo code? Thanks for sharing.

ming

5 minutes ago, ruimin said:

What kinds of offers did you get? Special promo code? Thanks for sharing.

ming

It was the letter from Viking if you already had a booking before Nov 21.  Offer expires today , Dec 31.. You have to call Viking. Got the current special  price plus &500. Plus 400. Per cabin , final payment 6 months before cruise . Then transferred to my TA and got OBC and paid gratuities . Only need $50 per cabin for down payment. 

• Like 1

I didn’t get the letter either, when I was booking my cruise my V agent asked me (did I receive the promo letter?), so I’m out of luck since I didn’t get it,

5 minutes ago, ruimin said:

I didn’t get the letter either, when I was booking my cruise my V agent asked me (did I receive the promo letter?), so I’m out of luck since I didn’t get it,

We didn't get it either.  In fact, we booked a 2026 cruise mid-December.  Then I read the promo thread here 3 days later.  I sent an email to my Viking agent and asked for the promo.  We received a new invoice with $1000 off the previous invoice.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, millybess said:

We didn't get it either.  In fact, we booked a 2026 cruise mid-December.  Then I read the promo thread here 3 days later.  I sent an email to my Viking agent and asked for the promo.  We received a new invoice with $1000 off the previous invoice.  

Wow! I need to get the name of your Viking agent, please send it to mingr at comcast dot net thanks!